Notifications
Clear all

WT v Raiders Rd 2 2024

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I support Bud and Galvin given first crack

Sezer obviously provides insurance of needed

but Benji needs a game plan to use Sezer, assuming Bud and Galvin are doing well

My guess plan A - is Sezer to come on to replace Seyfarth as ball playing 13.

Api to play 80 as captain.

Top 8 2023

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @peter-a

Was there any word on Naden

is he injured too?

Still rehabbing from shoulder surgery 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@frullens  i actually wouldnt mind Seizer coming on as ball laying lock, not sure how long he could defend in the middle though

Frullens and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @peter-a

Was there any word on Naden

is he injured too?

Still rehabbing from shoulder surgery 

are you sure he didn’t get a suspension from his surgeon??

Keep steering the right path

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @davey-farrell

@frullens  i actually wouldnt mind Seizer coming on as ball laying lock, not sure how long he could defend in the middle though

I think he might just do that or depending on how gased api is go into dummy half. Aiden will do a job I reckon. 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

Canberra's size is a scary prospect for our lads to handle but we are currently 9th on the table and just outside the 8 on for and against. Not a bad start hey!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Player  Injury  Expected Return 
Justin Olam  Knee  Round 4
Latu Fainu  Hamstring  Round 4
Brent Naden  Shoulder  Round 4 
Josh Feledy Shoulder  Round 4 
Solomone Saukuru Shoulder  Round 4 
Sione Fainu  Foot  Round 5
Adam Doueihi  Knee  Round 17*

* This is an approximate return date for Adam Doueihi.

Wests Tigers Members will this season be the first to receive a more detailed injury report from the club's head of high performance, Peter Moussa.  

Wests Tigers non-ticketed Club Membership is $45 (juniors) or $75 (adults).

Click here to 'show your stripes' and become a Wests Tigers Member in 2024.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigerlily

Player  Injury  Expected Return 
Justin Olam  Knee  Round 4
Latu Fainu  Hamstring  Round 4
Brent Naden  Shoulder  Round 4 
Josh Feledy Shoulder  Round 4 
Solomone Saukuru Shoulder  Round 4 
Sione Fainu  Foot  Round 5
Adam Doueihi  Knee  Round 17*

* This is an approximate return date for Adam Doueihi.

Wests Tigers Members will this season be the first to receive a more detailed injury report from the club's head of high performance, Peter Moussa.  

Wests Tigers non-ticketed Club Membership is $45 (juniors) or $75 (adults).

Click here to 'show your stripes' and become a Wests Tigers Member in 2024.

Wow, great to see the club doing this! Keep it up 👍 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)

Good luck to Faataape, Sezer, Sam Fainu, Sullivan and Galvin on debut. Exciting times ahead. Win or lose, I just want the boys to put in a good showing and max effort for the full 80 mins to keep those clowns from NRL 360 quiet. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)

Posted by: @barra

Would love to know what the deal is with Matamua. Unsighted so far then named in the number 20 jersey.
Agree that Toa needs to put in, his end of season form last year was woeful as was his trial appearance...

Me too. Hope he goes strong and can push for a first grade spot. Hopefully Lobb can do the same. Excited to see how Alaimalo  goes as well. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Whilst I have my reservations about this team I'm sure Benji has picked the players that have been digging deep during pre season and have earned their spot. In terms of expectations I don't think any combination he could field would be going into this game at anywhere near favorites. Whilst I don't rate the raiders as top a 8 team they are still a quality side but I do believe we can beat them if we aim up. Last year Fogarty's kicking game (and the bunker) was the difference however all I really want to see from the Tigers is 80 mins of effort and passion. We have 3 new halves playing and number of debutants so the best of luck to them all!

ReplyQuote
(@grovetiger)
Junior Pathways

I have a bad feeling Canberra are going to pile on the points here. Hope I'm wrong 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’ll throw in my twopence worth.I’m looking for a dominant physical display,win,lose or draw.If we are owned physically, that is for mine a very negative outcome,and one which we’ll find very difficult in order to lay the season’s foundations for the better.If we’re able to hold our own and show some strength and dominance I believe there is at least enough creativity and untried options present in our roster to build confidence as we progress.Such an important factor with the number of zero gamers we have.We can’t afford to be sending out rookies on a hiding to nothing with unrealistic expectations.
  I can’t help thinking that our squad is lacking a genuine tough,high impact middle forward though.Maybe he exists within our squad and is yet to make his presence felt.I’d love to think so.There are many unknowns going into our first outing but I’m still of the belief that we can win.Let’s go Tigers!!

Mike and Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @davey-farrell

I think he might just do that or depending on how gased api is go into dummy half. Aiden will do a job I reckon. 

And if he plays either lock or hooker - either way he's defending in the middle

Having Api, Sezer, Galvin and Bud all on together- puts us in the best attacking position possible.

Even if it's for the last 20 mins of each half

Top 8 2023

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I can’t help thinking that our squad is lacking a genuine tough,high impact middle forward though.Maybe he exists within our squad and is yet to make his presence felt.

I agree - in today's game it's a must to have a starting impact prop and ideally another on the bench.

the Ute's first couple if games he was so barnstorming - but has never step up to be that ultra aggressive prop.

If he opts to leave at end of the year - we need to replace with a hard running hard-nut.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 14
Share: