Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Panthers round 7

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

We again looked slow and disjointed in attack, probably because the focus is getting the defence right. But it was the errors that beat us today.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

My one word is errors and simple ones at that.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Staines may not be in the team next week, out of position too often in attack.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

One word -Disjointed!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

One word: progress. 

Really disappointing in many ways, but I'm actually relatively pleased after that loss. I can see where we're going and what sort of team we want to be - we're actually building an identity. 

The D is pretty solid. 

Attack is very cumbersome, and flat out garbage in the opposition 20. But there is something happening there I think. We were single pass or better execution away from 3-4 breaks that would have led to points. 

We're a million miles from the destination, and a fair few of these players won't be there if/when we get there, but I'm happy enough that we're on the right track. 

Skippa13, Tiger5150 and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@the-last-ronin Benji has something to work with but depth is the real issue .. 4 top players short of playing finals footy ! The defence is much improved but the offence needs a lot of work you can see it’s there just needs polishing up and keeping the same players on the park weekly . The cupboard looks empty in reserve grade unfortunately.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@eastiemagpie That was a really poor effort from Staines today but is there an option?

ReplyQuote
(@farmer-rando)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Silly mistakes and poor refereeing killed our momentum in the first half, but we did good to hold them to 10-6 for most of the game. 2nd half we had the opportunities to score with multiple sets on their line but we came up with nothing.

Unlucky to not have one of our multiple late passes come off down the wings this game, might of happened 3 or 4 times, but in saying that we can’t rely on spreading the ball and passing late as our only weapon.

Positives to look at though, Naden played well for his first game back, Batemen was playing better and did a decent job at centre besides that 3 man tackle where we didn’t lock the ball up and they offloaded and scored. Forwards in general played tough and Galvin played decent with his long high kicks and his grubbers in behind even though some of them didn’t come off.

This team we came out with today have the potential to play well just gotta fix up our errors and improve our attack.

Mac_Tiger, Eastiemagpie, Skippa13 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

No darts from dummy half for 2 games, playing injured but Coach still persists playing Api 80mins

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

My one word is ....

Disappointing

• Scoreline
  • Attack in red zone
  • Error count
  • Defence after an error
  • Kick returns still ineffective

Was very impressed with Ice efforts. Defence was strong for much of the game. We had some great chances that broke down at the last pass. Olam should have scored. Seyfarth did nothing wrong. 😀 Samuela Fianu was strong, in fact forwards were very good all round. Api needs a rest.I see plenty of positives but our next win is a while off yet.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

My one word is....Sideways.

We went away from what was working for us which was direct running, particularly behind the ruck and we went sideways early and often without challenging their defence (best in the league). Also too often in the face of their rushing defence, we simple shovel it sideways until a rushed or panicked pass went over the sideline.

Our defence for the best part was very good. I think Naden made a big difference on the field today with his size and aggression. Papali'i was good as was Bateman and S Fainu.

I dont think we can carry Staines in this team. He made a lot of poor errors today but even besides the errors, he just gets dominated with every run. I'd be looking at Faataape or even Toa on that right side, either on the wing or centre with Naden grabbing the other position on that right side. This decision could be taken out of Benjis hands if Bula is injured with Staines or Naden likely to be moved to fullback if that is the case.

Latu's defence looks pretty good in his limited time so far.

Penrith did their home work on Galvin and rushed him from the outside and he looked predictable and a bit spooked I thought.

Api looks buggered

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

@the-last-ronin Benji has something to work with but depth is the real issue .. 4 top players short of playing finals footy ! The defence is much improved but the offence needs a lot of work you can see it’s there just needs polishing up and keeping the same players on the park weekly . The cupboard looks empty in reserve grade unfortunately.

agree. The base is there and things are looking up but we are still a few quality players away. Depth is a real issue. 

Dirty Reds and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My word is Basics.

we need to stop the basic errors if our game plan is to grind teams to a win.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Latu Fainu on report. Not sure what for maybe a hip hop type tackle. 

Hip hop 😂🤣I get ya ‼️

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @campo

We are dull to watch this coach is way too conservative

who would have thought that one ….hope they can defend next week cause the broncos are going a point a minute against the raiders in the wet and without 4 superstars. Who are back next week. You couldn’t write this shit ‼️

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8
Share: