Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Knights Rd 23 2024

(@Anonymous 79)

@tigersteve ya right Steve ‘mediocrity’ IS,HAS and will continue to be our problem. There’s only one way out of this situation unfortunately. I love my Tigers, but the day has come where we have to think the end may be soon. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @Anonymous

@tigersteve ya right Steve ‘mediocrity’ IS,HAS and will continue to be our problem. There’s only one way out of this situation unfortunately. I love my Tigers, but the day has come where we have to think the end may be soon. 

No just be better 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lfc_tiger

I can't think of too many other sports where the ref's interpretation is so pivotal in deciding the outcome of games

I thought she had a decent game. She basically let the game flow.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

I can't think of too many other sports where the ref's interpretation is so pivotal in deciding the outcome of games

4 tries to her cousin? Should not have officiated this game, conflict of interest. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

Utoikamanu can go now and take Klemmer with him. Neither is performing to NRL standard, we don’t need the non committed performances from wannabes and hasbeens.

Couldnt disagree with you more about Klemmer. He actually had a  good game and IMO its important for us to keep him (without consideration to $$$). people bag Klemmer because they are expecting the 25yo NSW rep Klemmer smashing into people, making breaks and bashing people with wild eyes. he simply isnt that player anymore, but what I dont think people realise is that he has morphed into a very technical prop role. He gains a lot of metres, footwork to get between defenders and most importantly land on his elbows for a good PTB. Today Klem gained the most metres of any of our forwards with 138m (none of which were easy kick returns like Stef) and 50 PCM. He made 20 tackles and missed one.

Klem is not the problem in our pack,

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

4 tries to her cousin? Should not have officiated this game, conflict of interest. 

I wasnt aware of that. Clear conflict of interest.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

Utoikamanu can go now and take Klemmer with him. Neither is performing to NRL standard, we don’t need the non committed performances from wannabes and hasbeens.

Couldnt disagree with you more about Klemmer. He actually had a  good game and IMO its important for us to keep him (without consideration to $$$). people bag Klemmer because they are expecting the 25yo NSW rep Klemmer smashing into people, making breaks and bashing people with wild eyes. he simply isnt that player anymore, but what I dont think people realise is that he has morphed into a very technical prop role. He gains a lot of metres, footwork to get between defenders and most importantly land on his elbows for a good PTB. Today Klem gained the most metres of any of our forwards with 138m (none of which were easy kick returns like Stef) and 50 PCM. He made 20 tackles and missed one.

Klem is not the problem in our pack,

Klemmer was ineffective. Don’t care what the stats say, he was part of the problem. There was no problem handling him. Had no impact on the opposition and did not advance WT field position. Got in the way a number of times. He was not a threat at all. He is now just a plodder and well past it. 

Snake and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry Richo knows what the issues are he is an old war horse  been there done that …I am sure Marshall knows the situation and unfortunately it’s not good . A few new players will not save Marshall unfortunately players want out the sooner the better this is the most damming part of what’s happening .IMO he has lost the playing group they are just going through the motions to collect there pay .Richo will act it’s just about when hopefully sooner than later as this amateur hour has to stop it’s  pathetic actually . A head coach that is a rookie with rookie assistants and another spoon . As supporters financial or not this club owes us to act in a professional manner and take responsibility for this mess  and  immediately take action to stop the rot ! If they can not turn the club around hand back the franchise ! How individuals that run an organisation tolerate constant failure and mediocrity astounds me !!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @snake

@garry Richo knows what the issues are he is an old war horse  been there done that …I am sure Marshall knows the situation and unfortunately it’s not good . A few new players will not save Marshall unfortunately players want out the sooner the better this is the most damming part of what’s happening .IMO he has lost the playing group they are just going through the motions to collect there pay .Richo will act it’s just about when hopefully sooner than later as this amateur hour has to stop it’s  pathetic actually . A head coach that is a rookie with rookie assistants and another spoon . As supporters financial or not this club owes us to act in a professional manner and take responsibility for this mess  and  immediately take action to stop the rot ! If they can not turn the club around hand back the franchise ! How individuals that run an organisation tolerate constant failure and mediocrity astounds me !!

I'm fine if Richo replaces Benji.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Peter A and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @garry

Same. I feel for him but I think it’s the right thing for both parties.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Depends........

This club isnt at a crossroads,,,,,its a kilometre passed a crossroads and we have taken the wrong turn.

IMO it is literally getting to life and death stakes for this club. I am and have been for some time VERY concerned that Benji is not up to the job, he has been thrown in with insufficient experience and he simply isnt up to the job IMO....BUT IMO there are two very important points the club needs to address.

1. First of all, we need to stick to some sort of plan. We need to be able to sell to our existing players and prospective players that the management knows what the hell is going on , has a plan and is sticking to it. This means, in the medium term, sticking to Benji, unfortunately.
  2. Replace him with who? This is where Richo needs to earn his money. This club is literally in an existential crisis. We have famously bumped from coach to coach trying to rescue ourselves until we find ourselves in the position of relying on a coach with zero experience. Right now I wouldnt replace Benji unless someone VERY special with proven runs on the board became available. We can not survive a Gardiner/Webster/Hannay experiment, IMO we will only survive with a Bennett/Robinson/Bellamy type transplant.

Payten could be the wildcard.

Barra, Mac_Tiger, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 It’s all in Marshall’s court moving forward he needs to make a decision go forward or deal with reality and walk away . Next season even with a few player upgrades if Richo does not rip the place apart and replenish the whole football dept with professionals from high performance personnel to assistant coaches Marshall has no chance . The team is so far off the pace , watching this team play is like watching a poorly coached reserve grade side playing an exhibition match against an NRL side. Personally I have not felt like this since the last years of the Magpies this club is on life support!

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Only word needed

Brad Arthur

With over a 50% winning record in the NRL for over a decade.

Richo get it done now!!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@peter-a If there was to be a coaching change someone of Arthur’s experience would be bare minimum but that is very slim pickings ATM .

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I assume you don't mean Richo as head coach? That would tip me over the edge completely. But, at this joint, ya never know.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 8
Share: