Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Eels Round 4 2024

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m worried about api. He has been superman in work rate over the past couple of weeks and he even admitted himself in a post match interview today that it isn’t sustainable. Would prefer to have Simpkin or TDS on the bench and give him a breather, even if it’s only for every second or third game.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

seyfarth played well again, good defensive effort

Mac_Tiger and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

seyfarth played well again, good defensive effort

Yeah credit where it’s due, I’m his biggest critic usually (and was ready to throw the tv after his early penalty/grubber) but he showed a lot of energy and grit in defence today so kudos to the ranga.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @skippa13

I’m worried about api. He has been superman in work rate over the past couple of weeks and he even admitted himself in a post match interview today that it isn’t sustainable. Would prefer to have Simpkin or TDS on the bench and give him a breather, even if it’s only for every second or third game.

yeah this is a good callout. We have some good bench hookers, we should use them

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @skippa13

Lol, if you listen to the pod tomorrow, we had the same discussion completely independent from seeing your post.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Skippa13 and nztigerinoz reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Issue is that both Simpkin and TDS are injured at the moment. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think based on the last 2 games moving Joffa on (given his increased salary for 2024 and 2025) and using Seyfarth on bench has proven a master-stroke,

Seyfarth played well in the NZ trial poor in the dragons trial poor in the Canberra game but has really lifted in the sharks and parramatta game. 

TigerTownSFS reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I still think there is a bit of an imbalance in our bench. If we are playing absolutely to our max capability then we can compete but you can’t do that every week (see Api looking absolutely gassed). What is the point of playing Sullivan at 14 and then leaving him there? I would love some more impact in the 20min prop rotation and also give api a bit of a rest in the back end of the first half.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

I think based on the last 2 games moving Joffa on (given his increased salary for 2024 and 2025) and using Seyfarth on bench has proven a master-stroke.

Yes and no. 

We're still a middle short IMO, so he'd help in that aspect. The contract issue was one of our own doing - we re-signed him, and then decided he was overpaid about a dozen games later. Another perfect snapshot of how dysfunctional the club was at the time.  

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @kades79

@mike great to have some decent depth!!  When I saw Galvin get 10, I immediately thought Latu would get a run next week!!  Leave Bud on the interchange, Faataape (?) is doing well, going to be had to slot Naden in.

Naden to replace Galvin. Prefer Naden over Bud. Don’t think Latu is quite ready yet, probably needs another week. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow at 4pm. 

Who plays 6? Naden?

Yes

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

I think based on the last 2 games moving Joffa on (given his increased salary for 2024 and 2025) and using Seyfarth on bench has proven a master-stroke.

Yes and no. 

We're still a middle short IMO, so he'd help in that aspect. The contract issue was one of our own doing - we re-signed him, and then decided he was overpaid about a dozen games later. Another perfect snapshot of how dysfunctional the club was at the time.  

still a good move I reckon considering what his increase would have been worth. Probably a Scott Fulton move ? as it happened shortly after his arrival Joffa got moved on i believe

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @kades79

@mike great to have some decent depth!!  When I saw Galvin get 10, I immediately thought Latu would get a run next week!!  Leave Bud on the interchange, Faataape (?) is doing well, going to be had to slot Naden in.

Naden to replace Galvin. Prefer Naden over Bud. Don’t think Latu is quite ready yet, probably needs another week. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow at 4pm. 

Who plays 6? Naden?

Yes

sullivan at 6. Fainu at 14. Take it to the bank! (I think)👍

ReplyQuote
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

As long as the 14 and the extra forward is Used this time,

High hopes for Latu.

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 12
Share: