11. Seyfarth

12. Samuela Fainu

13. Papali’i

14. Latu Fainu

15. Sione Fainu

16. Pole

17. Twal

18. Johannssen, 19. Lobb, 20. Porter, 21. Kit Laulilii, 22. Sukkar

Not overjoyed by Feledy being included, I’m hoping his debut game last year doesn’t reoccur (rd27 last year wasn’t it?)

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I'm expecting a big game from Feledy, this will be a make or break game for him. I think we have Parras measure in the forwards and bench and probably stack up well in the halves. The big challenge will be the outside backs and FB. They could carve us up out wide. Not sure why Luke L didn't get a run to cover for Alaimalo. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@russtutty63 I agree, apart from that catch-phrase you mentioned; culture. What exactly is that?

To me it's exactly what Storm, Roosters and Panthers have and WT do not; a well led and managed club who is able to appoint the appropriate coaches and support staff, including recruitment/talent identification staff, and who are able to develop players within their roster to feel as though they have a future in the NRL at their club, and can contribute to the club being successful.

There is precious little of that at WT in 2024.

Other than Marshall repeating ad-nauseum that "effort is not negotiable". Well, it wasn't when he played either and he was regularly the one lacking in it. 

I think it covers many aspects of a footy club but the culture of winning obviously comes from on field success, plenty of it too. Once a club experiences a consistent high level of success it becomes part of their culture, it’s expected & players believe in it, they are more confident. If the coach experiences a lot of success, the players believe in what they’re asked to do. You could go on and on about how it’s all intertwined, success & culture. The reverse can also be said, experience a lot of failure & you will find a culture of failure, it becomes expected & a lack of confidence & belief which is difficult to overcome. It’s probably more difficult to break the culture of failure than the culture of success. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

This game has all the build up of a semi final which is a little weird but a lot of credit must go to the fans who have snapped up all the tickets & got into the spirit of Spoonbowl. 
I’ve seen a bit of the Eels lately & been impressed with Joffa in particular. He looks hellbent on not getting the spoon & I’ve no doubt his team will be right up for this. They tend to look to start games pretty fast & can put points on quickly if passes stick & the opposition gives them opportunities in their own half. I’m hopeful the Tigers will be fresh & ready to get over them eventually. If the crowd really gets behind them then it could play a factor towards the end of the game. It’s going down to the wire & I’m tipping the Tigers in Golden Point. Heart attack stuff but what a way to win Spoonbowl eh.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

@russtutty63 I agree, apart from that catch-phrase you mentioned; culture. What exactly is that?

To me it's exactly what Storm, Roosters and Panthers have and WT do not; a well led and managed club who is able to appoint the appropriate coaches and support staff, including recruitment/talent identification staff, and who are able to develop players within their roster to feel as though they have a future in the NRL at their club, and can contribute to the club being successful.

There is precious little of that at WT in 2024.

Other than Marshall repeating ad-nauseum that "effort is not negotiable". Well, it wasn't when he played either and he was regularly the one lacking in it. 

I think it covers many aspects of a footy club but the culture of winning obviously comes from on field success, plenty of it too. Once a club experiences a consistent high level of success it becomes part of their culture, it’s expected & players believe in it, they are more confident. If the coach experiences a lot of success, the players believe in what they’re asked to do. You could go on and on about how it’s all intertwined, success & culture. The reverse can also be said, experience a lot of failure & you will find a culture of failure, it becomes expected & a lack of confidence & belief which is difficult to overcome. It’s probably more difficult to break the culture of failure than the culture of success. 

Talent identification is huge in terms of sustained success as well. But it’s establishing that success early on through recruitment (a huge part of it), the systems in place, stability on field especially early on, great leadership & some good fortune of course. There’d be more to it of course but they’re probably the foundation for the rest to build upon. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 Looking to the short-term future, in Bula, Galvin, Luai and Api, WT have a spine to match the best of the NRL. How that transcribes to success for the team will be on Marshall and coaching staff in being able to get the best out of the rest of the squad. Given new recruits announced so far, and a year of development already for many of them in 2024, there can't be excuses for another poor year in 2025. There just can't be.

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

BTW, Regardless of the result this week, we get a three-peat !!
Either we get 3 wins in a row for the first time since 2018
OR
We get 3 spoons in a row. 😭 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player
Topic starter  

@russtutty63 Looking to the short-term future, in Bula, Galvin, Luai and Api, WT have a spine to match the best of the NRL. How that transcribes to success for the team will be on Marshall and coaching staff in being able to get the best out of the rest of the squad. Given new recruits announced so far, and a year of development already for many of them in 2024, there can't be excuses for another poor year in 2025. There just can't be.

No excuses next year for sure.

Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

We’ll win the battle of the Spoonbowl, make finals 2025 & GF in 2026. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

at least we are in the position to get off the bottom of the ladder. 6 weeks ago we looked destined for another spoon

think we can win this, Galvin is just about the best most creative player on the field, without Moses parramatta are very beatable

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Sezer ruled out, Sukkar in apparently.

(as per reports twitter and facebook...)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @barra

Sezer ruled out, Sukkar in apparently.

(as per reports twitter and facebook...)

I’ve spoken to Tony a number of times, latest at Lidcombe 2 weeks ago. He’s a champion young man and I hope all Tigers fans get behind him. Asked him if he had plans during the off season and he replied “no, just training”. It’s these young blokes trying their best to make it who keep putting in even during their times of rest that we tend to take for granted. No idea if he’ll make it or not, well I guess he has to some extent now, but he and the others deserve whatever good fortune comes their way. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

MickeyB, Mercy Rule, Barra and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 I hope Sukkar plays well. He's looked good in NRL trials over the past two years. Is it fair to say he's suffered from a lack of opportunities at cup level this year? I recall watching him take hitups off the kick off in Cup games - clearly not his role.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 11
Share: