Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Eels Rd 27 SpoonBowl 24

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

In 2024, what's more clear than ever to me is the impact of a quality coach in a well led and managed club on the results of a team. It was probably always a no-brainer but the fact that Storm, Panthers, Roosters occupy the top spots is testament to this. And, the fact that the bottom dwellers are Souths (sacked coach in 2024), Eels (sacked coach in 2024) and Tigers (rookie coach in 2024) is even more evidence. Of the rest, Ciraldo and Dogs are most improved, Flanagan has dragged the Dragons to the edge of playoffs, and Stuart has obviously lost any capacity to get the best out of the Raiders. Bring on Spoon Bowl!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Well its still on but todays result makes it more interesting.......Im getting less and less confident.

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

Well its still on but todays result makes it more interesting.......Im getting less and less confident.

Eels faded enormously in the last 10 minutes. The young guns will get the job done. 

Tiger5150 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @tiger5150

Eels faded enormously in the last 10 minutes. The young guns will get the job done. 

Both teams are capable of leaking 40 points a game. It will come down to attention to detail. Who gives away the first stupid penalty, or drops their head at the first sign of bad luck. Once the momentum starts for one team, being the last game of a long season, it’s going to be hard to stop.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mercy-rule

In 2024, what's more clear than ever to me is the impact of a quality coach in a well led and managed club on the results of a team. It was probably always a no-brainer but the fact that Storm, Panthers, Roosters occupy the top spots is testament to this. And, the fact that the bottom dwellers are Souths (sacked coach in 2024), Eels (sacked coach in 2024) and Tigers (rookie coach in 2024) is even more evidence. Of the rest, Ciraldo and Dogs are most improved, Flanagan has dragged the Dragons to the edge of playoffs, and Stuart has obviously lost any capacity to get the best out of the Raiders. Bring on Spoon Bowl!

Yes it plays a huge part, especially a well run club. But there are other factors as well, culture is huge & confidence which probably comes from a belief in each other, the systems, the training & managing to string a few wins together. Experience or inexperience in the key positions can influence performance. Injuries is another factor, stability in the playing group, stability in the coaching team, in the club itself, the draw a team has also can help or not just through simple timing, some teams play others when they’re down on troops, missing key players or when they themselves are backing up, or play teams when they’re at full strength making it more difficult, playing at home, away, after 5,6,7 or 8 days or playing teams affected or not affected by Origin. I think many factors can contribute to putting a good run together. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 I agree, apart from that catch-phrase you mentioned; culture. What exactly is that?

To me it's exactly what Storm, Roosters and Panthers have and WT do not; a well led and managed club who is able to appoint the appropriate coaches and support staff, including recruitment/talent identification staff, and who are able to develop players within their roster to feel as though they have a future in the NRL at their club, and can contribute to the club being successful.

There is precious little of that at WT in 2024.

Other than Marshall repeating ad-nauseum that "effort is not negotiable". Well, it wasn't when he played either and he was regularly the one lacking in it. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

If anyone needs tickets for Friday I have 1 adult and 1 child GA i’m happy to pass on. 

My son has an after school event which won’t give us enough time to make it. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Who else feels nervous about this game? Like, there’s something really on the line here? 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

Who else feels nervous about this game? Like, there’s something really on the line here? 

There is a reason we came 9th so many times. Last round victories are not a strength.

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

We have been absolutely horrible in last round games over the last few years. The difference this year is that the team has generally put in and not surrendered completely, the game against Newcastle was probably the closest they got and the low point in terms of team morale. They seem to have a bit of a pep in their step over the last few weeks so I have high hopes they will not capitulate against Parra and may in fact win.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

I am nervous, and I think winning this will be great for the kids in the team. Dodging the wooden spoon and winning the last 3 games of the year will be great for Benji and his first year as head coach as well as Richo steering the club in the right direction.

I will be celebrating a win much more than I would be dwelling on a loss and another spoon. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Not sure how parra fans are feeling. Scoring 44 points last game, you’d expect some confidence but that last 15 mins was diabolical. I would have left the game relieved rather than happy/excited.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Too close to call and yes there is a lot on the line! I might end up being too nervous to watch!!

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Team List is out.

i thought salad was gone for the year

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 11
Share: