Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Eels Rd 27 SpoonBowl 24

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

regardless if we finish 16th or 17th it really doesn't matter.

The narrative the journalists will be pushing is factual, they have said itnbasically all year, we have missed the semi finals for 13 years straight.

Now that has an effect.on recruitment 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @russtutty63

I have to admit winning this game isn’t so much about avoiding the spoon but going into next season on the back of 3 wins. I guess which ever way you look at this game a win would positive in a lot of ways.

I agree mate. 16 or 17: terrible result no matter how you look at it BUT three from three to end the season and there's reason for optimism as the boys hit the training track for 2025

Very different going into next season without the tag of three time wooden spooners.

I don't think so. We've had 13 years of failure and been at the bottom of the table for 3 years now. 16th or 17th still reads as poor. Wooden spoon avoidance is something I suppose but it's a real reach. To me, more important is the momentum and belief three from three would give the playing group as they turn their thoughts to being competitive in 2025

So you are happy to hear all year next year that we are 3 times spoon recipients? 

semantics imo. 16th, 17th - still crap. Of course I'd like to win against Parra but as I said more so because it builds belief

I don't think it semantics at all, come March no one is going to remember if we won 3 in a row to close out the season but they will definitely remember if we win our 3rd consecutive wooden spoon.

So no one remembers how poorly we finished the season last two years? Players won't remember how much improvement they showed at back end of year? Finishing year strongly will not be remembered? Of course the finish will be remembered. It's finishing 16th or 17th that really has no impact unless you're an NRL360 journalist 

Not by the rest of the league and potential recruits mate. The commentators and your favourite show (360) will hammer 3 wooden spoons, do you think one of them will mention that we finished with 3 wins?

So according to you recruits will come because we finished 16th but not if we finished 17th? Respectfully disagree

Mate, you talk about how shows like 360 bag us relentless and how perception is reality. Winning 3 wooden spoons will be a huge negative for the club, I still give it to my Knights supporting mates about their 3 wooden spoons. Not winning a 3rd will relieve some of the pressure on the club and the coach.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I have to admit winning this game isn’t so much about avoiding the spoon but going into next season on the back of 3 wins. I guess which ever way you look at this game a win would positive in a lot of ways.

I agree mate. 16 or 17: terrible result no matter how you look at it BUT three from three to end the season and there's reason for optimism as the boys hit the training track for 2025

Very different going into next season without the tag of three time wooden spooners.

I don't think so. We've had 13 years of failure and been at the bottom of the table for 3 years now. 16th or 17th still reads as poor. Wooden spoon avoidance is something I suppose but it's a real reach. To me, more important is the momentum and belief three from three would give the playing group as they turn their thoughts to being competitive in 2025

So you are happy to hear all year next year that we are 3 times spoon recipients? 

semantics imo. 16th, 17th - still crap. Of course I'd like to win against Parra but as I said more so because it builds belief

I don't think it semantics at all, come March no one is going to remember if we won 3 in a row to close out the season but they will definitely remember if we win our 3rd consecutive wooden spoon.

So no one remembers how poorly we finished the season last two years? Players won't remember how much improvement they showed at back end of year? Finishing year strongly will not be remembered? Of course the finish will be remembered. It's finishing 16th or 17th that really has no impact unless you're an NRL360 journalist 

Not by the rest of the league and potential recruits mate. The commentators and your favourite show (360) will hammer 3 wooden spoons, do you think one of them will mention that we finished with 3 wins?

So according to you recruits will come because we finished 16th but not if we finished 17th? Respectfully disagree

Mate, you talk about how shows like 360 bag us relentless and how perception is reality. Winning 3 wooden spoons will be a huge negative for the club, I still give it to my Knights supporting mates about their 3 wooden spoons. Not winning a 3rd will relieve some of the pressure on the club and the coach.

Biggest quote tower ever...and yes really annoying if you are on a phone

Yes that is why i quoted it

Kades79, Skippa13 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Vegemite scroll, cinnamon scroll, quoting each other relentlessly scroll…

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just saying: bulldogs finished last year in 15th place, lost last 4 games straight, on 20 points.

if we win at CSS we finish 16th spot, 20 points and the last 3 games win straight

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

True but if the scenario were different and we ended the season losing our last 4 or 5 games and still avoided the spoon by finishing 16th as opposed to maybe winning the last 4 or 5 and still getting the spoon I'd think I'd take the latter. Winning games in a row is what matters to me, preferably a lot of them but I'll take the 3 right now. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Just saying: bulldogs finished last year in 15th place, lost last 4 games straight, on 20 points.

if we win at CSS we finish 16th spot, 20 points and the last 3 games win straight

They've had an incredible turnaround. I think it takes a while to find the right players to play Ciraldo Ball, must be very fit and mobile. Also Burton's role is massive for them, he's really stepped up this year, his kicking game wins them games.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I have to jump on board this debate and comment, it's too good an opportunity to miss. Fellas, I think you both make valid arguments and I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. In the end what we all want is to give our support to a team that wins footy games. And we all want the to go to Campbelltown and win. When we do we'll all be happy and looking forward to next season with a bit more positivity. . 

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

Posted by: @helmesy

Vegemite scroll, cinnamon scroll, quoting each other relentlessly scroll…

can you guys finish this one in the carpark!!!! 🤣 🤣 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Ya’ll have heard of Messenger and WhatsApp yeah??

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

So if my math is correct there is a chance we beat parra and also leapfrog south's.....they are playing panthers next week who will be smarting at losing to Canberra and then they play roosters who would love to put a score on them to stick the boot in....we could catch them...they would have to lose by 50 points avg in each game though...and/or we put a score on parra....dare to dream!

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I’ve locked my tickets in. Can’t wait. Was at Leichhardt the other night, which was awesome. 
let’s beat these f-kers, to supercharge next years premiership tilt!

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tiger_ex_maggie Good on you for being so committed. But, really, does it matter if WT finish last or second last? It won't disguise the reality that WT are a huge way off the pace in terms of identifying and keeping talent, depth, consistency and coaching that can strategise and respond to circumstances within games.

I hope Parra finish with the wooden spoon because I hate them. But that's not a reason to be celebrating after this season.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tiger_ex_maggie Good on you for being so committed. But, really, does it matter if WT finish last or second last? It won't disguise the reality that WT are a huge way off the pace in terms of identifying and keeping talent, depth, consistency and coaching that can strategise and respond to circumstances within games.

I hope Parra finish with the wooden spoon because I hate them. But that's not a reason to be celebrating after this season.

As a Tigers fan, I will take any opportunity to celebrate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mike, Lorenzo, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Does it really make a difference if we finish 16th or 17th? Probably not it has been another poor season. However there is a little something to not coming last. It’s a small step in the right direction. It doesn’t allow the media to talk about it constantly. Let’s get the win finish with 3 in a row and a bunch of kids who’ve shown they can fight back. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 11
Share: