Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Eels Rd 27 SpoonBowl 24

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @Anonymous

Does anyone know what the total points scored against us in the final round of the last 3 years ??

My guessing it’s over 150 

170 points 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Does anyone know what the total points scored against us in the final round of the last 3 years ??

170 points 

Which leads into a good word - mentality 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @snake

@peter-a The coaching is the issue or lack of … Benji running drills again with ball in hand … Benji telling  a group of young guys to have fun … Benji in the huddle pre game . Benji you need to decide if you want the clip board or be one of the boys! No of this is a good look for a Ist grade coach .

I agree 10000%. Of the bottom 3 teams in 2024, Parra and Souths move into 2025 with new coaching staff, one of them being the greatest of all time (allegedly). The Tigers, meanwhile, have more Marshall mystery and mayhem, minus Farah. Gee that's inspiring, eh?

Peter A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My 1 word is "true reflection" :  on how well we are coached and prepared as a squad from the off season. The team has no identity on how they want to play week in week out and are not fit enough to stop being passive in defence

ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My one word is immature 

A roster that is way to young to compete for 80 minutes/a full season and this also impacts decisions/effort by senior players 

with this immaturity comes poor decisions 

Seyfarth pass in the in goal - dumb

fanua no look pass inside to Lachie - intercept (was going behind lachie anyway) - I think they tried it 2-3 times without success

kicking to Sivo when it’s an ‘on night’ for him - kick to the other winger 

API sin bin - just trying to hard to lift the team because of its limits

sadly the very poor effort by Steph, he will be no loss if that would be his effort going forward

as Benji says discipline, but tigers fail this in every aspect of their game

ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Just a few more morning after thoughts: 

- Api was really poor - the shallow kicks, the first conversion, the pass to Latu, the sin bin. Just a weirdly off night. Injured? Trying too hard? 

- On the theme of dumb, there was no game presence in not reacting to Tuilagi suddenly discovering an offload.

- It’s hard to overstate what a bludger of a defender Stef has been recently. Gutho looks like he needs a Zimmer frame he’s so busted, but he strolled past Stef. Whatever happens to his game at Melbourne, he’s failed the character test big time. 

- Sione Fainu is worth persevering with. All effort, a few blemishes but a goer. Samuela is playing like a bloke who needs a rest, but he’s had a good season. And Latu is a handful. Needs to be there somewhere. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Plundermonkey

Mike, Mercy Rule, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @plundermonkey

Just a few more morning after thoughts: 

- Api was really poor - the shallow kicks, the first conversion, the pass to Latu, the sin bin. Just a weirdly off night. Injured? Trying too hard? 

- On the theme of dumb, there was no game presence in not reacting to Tuilagi suddenly discovering an offload.

- It’s hard to overstate what a bludger of a defender Stef has been recently. Gutho looks like he needs a Zimmer frame he’s so busted, but he strolled past Stef. Whatever happens to his game at Melbourne, he’s failed the character test big time. 

- Sione Fainu is worth persevering with. All effort, a few blemishes but a goer. Samuela is playing like a bloke who needs a rest, but he’s had a good season. And Latu is a handful. Needs to be there somewhere. 

Good post......on Api, in last nights presser, he looked completely over it. Looked like he wanted to be anywhere else other than listen to Benji. I hope Im projecting but its the first time Ive seen him like that. End of a long year I guess...

ReplyQuote
(@tigertragic56)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger5150 I think it may have been because of some of his contributions 

sin bin

kick out on the full 

drop out on the full 

unfortunately he holds himself to a high standard, that wasn’t reached on the night

he needs to have a 15-20 minute rest during games 

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

170 points 

Which leads into a good word - mentality 

the mentality has been soft for years. Remember the final round game at Leichhardt where a win got us in the eight. Canberra destroyed us and it was over by half time 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @plundermonkey

It’s hard to overstate what a bludger of a defender Stef has been recently. Gutho looks like he needs a Zimmer frame he’s so busted, but he strolled past Stef. Whatever happens to his game at Melbourne, he’s failed the character test big time. 

Ever since the contract talks started up, around a third of the way into the season, his effort levels have been absolutely pathetic. 

Regardless of what he does next year or into the future, I certainly won't forget the way he's disrespected the jersey this year. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

Api 3 weeks suspension if he takes the early guilty plea. May be able to serve the 3 match suspension picked for Fiji. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

Api 3 weeks suspension if he takes the early guilty plea. Maybe be able to serve the 3 match suspension picked for Fiji. 

hopefully he can serve the suspension with Fiji, not so much to help us but to give him a proper break over the offseason.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mike

Api 3 weeks suspension if he takes the early guilty plea. Maybe be able to serve the 3 match suspension picked for Fiji. 

hopefully he can serve the suspension with Fiji, not so much to help us but to give him a proper break over the offseason.

My wife just saw the 3 weeks for Api and was disgusted that Latrell only got 1 week for (allegedly) doing drugs. I was so proud of her. 😊 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word. Great! Was at the game, marveling at the crowd and atmosphere. Stayed late and watched the kid supporters getting autographs from Galvin and thinking these local juniors are going to save our club because it appears that the penny has finally dropped that Campbelltown is where the future lies.

We came last and I still feel great, because there is so much to look forward to next year. This time last year I was totally dejected.
Hopefully we get a few more signings and definitely need to get better assistant coaches to support Benji. 

Next year really is so important, if don’t turn the corner we will lose momentum. Sounds weird to say you have momentum when you came last, but an honest supporter will have to agree things are different this year. No excuses next year.

Skippa13, TigerTon and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 11
Share: