Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Dragons Round 14 2024

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

some thought getting rid of Brooks in the halves would solve everything.....

what does Brooks change this evening? Nothing 

well for a start he probably doesn't get 10 minutes in the sin bin, and he can tackle that is a start

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Does Stefano have any self respect? Surely if he trying to attract offers from other clubs he should be at least showing them what he can bring to their side. He's not worth what we are paying him. He's not worth what he is asking for. Not at the level of effort he put in tonight. 

Samuela was a lot more impactful. Maybe we should be careful poachers don't come after him. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

When Richo rode into town on his horse he slammed his fist on the desk and proclaimed he wouldn't talk to fans who weren't members. Maybe he should take a different approach and thank every member who continues to support this crap. Maybe also he could empathise with those that decided to no longer financially support this crap. 

If I wasn't doing the podcast I wouldn't be watching another game this year. 

Snake, Joel Helmes, Kenny4517 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigersteve

When Richo rode into town on his horse he slammed his fist on the desk and proclaimed he wouldn't talk to fans who weren't members. Maybe he should take a different approach and thank every member who continues to support this crap. Maybe also he could empathise with those that decided to no longer financially support this crap. 

Oof, this one hurts. Steve is my grounding rod. Whenever I get too worked up and emotional after a game, Steve is the voice of reason that brings me back next week. Losing Steve to big rant like this is like losing my faith (I’m an atheist by the way, so maybe that’s my problem).

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

some thought getting rid of Brooks in the halves would solve everything.....

what does Brooks change this evening? Nothing 

well for a start he probably doesn't get 10 minutes in the sin bin, and he can tackle that is a start

Brooks is not the answer as much as Sullivan is not the answer. 

Just as a note Sullivan missed 3 tackles last night Brooks missed 5 in his last game for Manly. Brooks also sits at 6th in most missed tackles across the comp. 

I apologise to everyone for jumping on this Brooks bait. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Agreed. I have no enthusiasm to watch any more. I delayed renewing my membership until late in the piece and regret renewing now as it means I feel an obligation to attend games. Changes take time however the light at the end of the tunnel is getting dimmer. We’re definitely taking the long way around 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Does Stefano have any self respect? Surely if he trying to attract offers from other clubs he should be at least showing them what he can bring to their side. He's not worth what we are paying him. He's not worth what he is asking for. Not at the level of effort he put in tonight. 

Samuela was a lot more impactful. Maybe we should be careful poachers don't come after him. 

if Richo offers Stefano 800k then he is a bloody fool ! 

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I said last night in the live game thread I wasn’t going to watch them again this year, and this morning I’m even more firm on that. 

This club is an embarrassment and not worthy of anyone’s time or money. 

As for Richo, instead of only listening to what members have to say, maybe he should be trying to talk to people who aren’t members anymore, and convincing them why they should continue to support this disgraceful organisation as fans, let alone members. The onus isn’t on the fans, it’s on Richo, the coaching staff, and the players. I’m a member but I have no intention on renewing ever again.

This may be the worst professional sports team in Australia, and I don’t think we deserve our spot in the NRL.

Snake, Mercy Rule, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I also hope we rescind our offer to Stef. He was the worst forward on the field last night. He’s pathetic.

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I also hope we rescind our offer to Stef. He was the worst forward on the field last night. He’s pathetic.

I agree he was pathetic but I lay the blame squarely at the club. Yep, he should be trying his guts out and that tanking effort speaks to his character in some way but he's now yet another in the long list of talented players who put on our jersey and we can't get the best out of them. They lose heart, get sick of the ineptitude surrounding them, give up and then leave. Cant blame them and I can't blame Stefano either

Mercy Rule and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tgrzmn I'll give Benji two words: Fix it! 

And, if you can't here's four more: Move to Fiji. Permanently.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

More one word submissions are being sought please 🙂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@tgrzmn I'll give Benji two words: Fix it! 

And, if you can't here's four more: Move to Fiji. Permanently.

I never said anything about his trip to Fiji because i understand it’s a bye round and time off is needed (even though the optics were terrible). However, if you’re going to do that, you can’t come out next game and put in the worst half of football ever. If the media go after him, he has no one to blame but himself. 

I said yesterday they should put an experienced head coach in to be the attack coach. Now I think we need a new head coach. Benji lost me yesterday. It wasn’t just men vs boys on the field, it was men vs boys in the coaching staff too.

Joel Helmes, Tiger5150, Snake and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My one word is losers. The club just has losing ingrained in it.

I don't understand why our "better" players just go missing so badly and our effort players are so dumb. I have defended Stef recently but his efforts last night were absolutely pathetic and reminiscent of many players who have a foot out the door already. Seyfarth might have a good game every now and then but for every good game you get an average one and a stinker like last night. The sooner Sullivan is shown the door the better.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigersteve Yep, there's something just not right with WT and it's been like that for too long. You describe the symptom perfectly when you talk about how (supposedly) talented players become shadows of their former selves the longer they stay.

But, I don't know what the cause is. Why does it keep happening?

At some stage there's surely got to be enough agreement between enough people, who know the workings of the joint better than I do, to say; "this is the problem". And, there'll be no shortage of people on forums, on X, on social media and, of course, on Nine and Fox and in print media, who will confidently tell us they "know" what the problem is. And, annoy the crap out of me with their smug pronouncements that are nothing more than click bait.

I thought the removal of Lee and Pascoe et al was a solution (and, I'm pleased they're gone).  But, IMO, we keep looking for solutions without actually knowing and understanding the root cause of the problem. It's so sad and frustrating and dispiriting.

There's a PhD in it for someone who can solve this one. 

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 12
Share: