Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Dolphins Round 5 2024

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Drop your one word descriptions here please. Might need a word for first and second half (which I think I will do).

CLUNKY first half 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

1st half -  disappointing ( looked like we were back to 2023. No room for that on the now train)

2nd half -  surprising (2023 Tigers would not come back like that) 

Maybe the word is Hiccup!!!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Jaded- First half they looked tired and lacked energy. 2nd half was the exact opposite. The short turnaround with an away trip showed. It took them 40 mins to get into gear. 

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @mike

Great game by Sutton to get the Dolphins home

I knew he’d play some sort of role 🤷‍♂️

The Api knock on was actually an attempted steal from the Dolphins, should have been play on. That’s if markers were on side in the first place. Two errors from the ref in the one play.

It went (propelled) towards our goal line so at worst it was a knock back. No way should the Dolphins end up having the ball. 

It was such a poor challenge in the first half though. We challenged a turnover 20m out from their line. It wasn’t needed at that point in the game and it came back to bite us big time.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

That Api non penalty and dropped ball really changed that half. I’d like to hear the explanation. in saying that we cost ourselves with that poor start/first half. 

Just watching for he first time and it was Twal that ran back thru the ruck that interfered with fins markers. Silly play by Alex but that’s footy. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @helmesy

Drop your one word descriptions here please. Might need a word for first and second half (which I think I will do).

CLUNKY first half 

Refined second half

Junior Toupou is as slow as the weather was this week!!

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I find it absolutely ridiculous that we face the Dolphins in Brisbane after a 5 day turnaround when they have had a 7 day turnaround after playing on the Gold Coast...then next time we play them they have a 10 day turnaround, we face them as a home game in Brisbane again!

This should have been our home game in Sydney.

With all of that against us and multiple hias/injury concerns, I am quite proud of the team with the exception of a couple of players 

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

haven't see  the game how did Sullivan play ?

ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

My 1 word for each half is 

Flat - I blame the short turnaround and interstate travel which we struggle with.

Surprising - To come back like we did shows this team has turned the corner. In the past we would have lost this game by 40-50 after putting the cue in the rack.

Good to see our never say die attitude remained despite adversity and injuries. Unfortunately it was Latu who injured his hammy.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Fun fact: we’ll finish the round in our usual spot of 9th…

ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@jedi-tiger I thought Bud was very ordinary again.

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Just watched the game on replay. To be honest I thought we played pretty well. We looked a bit flat and with Api a bit troubled with his injury and Galvin missing I don’t think that is too bad a result.

sullivan a little more of a spark than Latu at this point but in so glad he is not what we will need to rely on long term. Latu didn’t do much wrong but definitely didn’t have as much an impressive debut as Galvin did

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Just watched the game on replay. To be honest I thought we played pretty well. We looked a bit flat and with Api a bit troubled with his injury and Galvin missing I don’t think that is too bad a result.

sullivan a little more of a spark than Latu at this point but in so glad he is not what we will need to rely on long term. Latu didn’t do much wrong but definitely didn’t have as much an impressive debut as Galvin did

Completions were good but execution was diabolical at stages. Sezer is good but he needed a 6 to go with him and Bud doesn’t cut it. I will say again, Aiden is the most awkward kicker of a football I’ve ever seen. 
Was good to see the score line not get blown, still we had a chance to even the ledger or even sneak a couple in front. And to be still putting in at minute 79 I’m real happy with. Good to see big red get over and release his tension against Glutton. 

ReplyQuote
SuperTrev
(@supertrev)
Wests Tigers Supporter

It wasn't a bad effort considering all of the bad luck that went our way. Very inconsistent weekend from the refs between games. Knockout high tackles have one player sent off in one game and a slap on the wrist in another game. Nothing said about it in the media yet. Why not? Fainu will be stood down next week because of it.

Some knock ons were classed as forward, worse looking knock ons were classed as backwards. It's a confusing game sometimes. 

I am proud of the effort of most players. It's good to know that they won't give up halfway through a game like previous years. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Sullivan took the run option too many times. Galvin better at selection of the right play and has the knack of short kick through the line rather than into it. With NRL defences so strong it doesn’t seem like Sullivans competitive advantage (off the cuff running game) is going to translate to first grade. He is probably better suited to super league. It’s galvin/Luai at this stage and I would think TDS takes the bench 14 role when fit. Not sure where Latu plays but it might be Dragons with Fulton looking to move there

Mercy Rule and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 10
Share: