Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Dolphins Rd 11 2024

CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

5 day turnaround between 2 interstate games. We are about to play the Cowboys into form

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I didn’t watch all of the game and came in and out of watching until the last 15 minutes. However, a few times I thought everything was about to fall apart and it never really did. 

looking at our Top 30 we clearly have a weak squad that needs developing. One thing they do is hang in there. There’s potential for this team in the future if a few more core players are added. If we recruit well 2026 could finally see some success. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

One word: resilience. 

There's so many issues with this team, but they have not dropped their heads once this season. We've been outplayed and by rights should have been thrashed a couple of times this season, but we've been in every game somehow. 

I'm so tired of analysing all the issues, but at least they are out there giving 110% for 80 mins every week. 

It's nowhere near enough, but it's something. 

The declans should have been beaten tonight they were horrendous!!

There’s only one way for this club and it’s out the door 🚪 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
weststigersbob
(@weststigersbob)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Same old story, week in , week out.

Some absolutely bone headed plays, and a distinct lack of discipline when it was really needed.

Awful short kicking game.

Red Zone attack too sideways, and lacking in all aspects.

i see quite a few posts about coaching being the issue - it’s not. It’s an execution issue. The players simply aren’t taking right options, and aren’t executing their skills well enough.

No one can fault the effort, plus the yardage and completions are going well. 

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @canberratiger

My one word is shredder.

Through: Staines, Naden, AJ and Sullivan

Hovering over it: Twal

Need to pull their finger/head out: Klemmer and Bula

I agree on Shredder… however it’s the Wests Tigers NRL licence I’d be shredding 

The NRL isn’t that kind 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

5 day turnaround between 2 interstate games. We are about to play the Cowboys into form

I fear this could be another dark night for the club.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @daniel67

My one word: Insipid.

Sad but true. Welcome to the forum.

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Going on what they put up last night against the bunnies … I’d say we’re a chance. But they will click soon and it will probably be Friday night. The sack Marshall  calls aren’t far away I’d say. 

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

We might see a different backline next week. Naden will be either suspended or dropped, Olam could also be suspended and Solomon looked injured. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My one word is also SHREDDER.

Fire it up, despite what Richo says we need to go on an aggressive recruitment drive to get this team off the bottom of the ladder.

The players that are not NRL level (they have already been mentioned) are dragging the rest of the team down. Surely Benji realises this, it’s also putting his neck on the line.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @barra

Fire it up, despite what Richo says we need to go on an aggressive recruitment drive to get this team off the bottom of the ladder.

The players that are not NRL level (they have already been mentioned) are dragging the rest of the team down. Surely Benji realises this, it’s also putting his neck on the line.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again…. Who wants to come to this sinking ship?

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @barra

You are 1000% correct. There are a large number of guys in our squad that are dead wood 🧹 

ReplyQuote
weststigersbob
(@weststigersbob)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again…. Who wants to come to this sinking ship?

At least 2 players. Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva are coming next year.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @weststigersbob

At least 2 players. Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva are coming next year.

and it won’t take long for them to sink to the standards of wests tigers. Every half decent players that come, do the same. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

One word - Legacy - Lee and Pascoe linger on in putting in place our inexperienced coaching set up. While the club has got some back of house issues sorted, the reality is the old regime’s last relic is appointing Benji as coach, and he has compounded the problem in not appointing experienced assistants. Clubs in as big a hole as we are in really need someone to guide or lead them who is experienced, like a Bennett or a Hasler.  Benji has the right personality to be a good coach. But he’s not an X’s and O’s guy. And so while the resilience of the team is probably down to Benji, we are tactically poor. And that’s also down to him and his attacking assistant or assistants.

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11
Share: