Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers vs Penrith Round 9

AnyGivenSunday
(@anygivensunday)
Junior Pathways

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-2176632/Australia/New%20South%20Wales/Bathurst%20Regional/Bathurst

If the forecast holds it will be challenging playing conditions, especially under older style lights.

Carrington Park has a pretty good playing surface but it will be interesting to see how it holds up with 2 full games to be played prior to NRL game.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @anygivensunday

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-2176632/Australia/New%20South%20Wales/Bathurst%20Regional/Bathurst

If the forecast holds it will be challenging playing conditions, especially under older style lights.

Carrington Park has a pretty good playing surface but it will be interesting to see how it holds up with 2 full games to be played prior to NRL game.

We played under 16s in the snow at Eric Weisel Oval (the main footy ground in Wagga). It was so cold we were putting out hands in buckets of cold water to defrost them in breaks of play. People were having hot showers at half time fully clothed. When you got tackled, there were rocks from under the playing surface being dredged up.

But the time seniors played it was an out and out mess - so much so the closed the ground for good.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Frullens

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I am really hoping the team aren’t looking at the draw with their minds on the dragons and turn up tomorrow to forfeit/be flogged. Penrith aren’t as fearsome as they were a couple of years ago. Their bench looks weak and eisenhuth and peachey are starting. Surely with enough pressure on Cleary we are a chance?

(it’s amazing how I can go from defeated and cranky to hopeful and delusional within 6 days each week)

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @skippa13

(it’s amazing how I can go from defeated and cranky to hopeful and delusional within 6 days each week)

I relate to this completely. All week I think we are useless and there’s not much point watching but come the day before the game I can generate a heap of reasons we will win 

Skippa13, Jedi Tiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Some talk floating around wakeham will be dropped for Laurie against Penrith 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Some talk floating around wakeham will be dropped for Laurie against Penrith 

Won’t make any difference if Brooks is still there. I’d say just about everyone in Rugby League knows what needs to be done except those in charge of and the coaching staff of Wests Tigers.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike think Laurie and Brooks halves offers more that Brooks and wakeham or wakeham and Laurie.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike think Laurie and Brooks halves offers more that Brooks and wakeham or wakeham and Laurie.

Brooks needs to go ASAP. Just not what we need. If this was any other club he would have been let go in 2021. Says a lot about why Wests Tigers are not winners. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Been a lot of scuttlebutt regarding Cleary not playing, but seems he's in. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Been a lot of scuttlebutt regarding Cleary not playing, but seems he's in. 

I won’t be changing my tip for a Penrith win then. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mike yes one man to blame .....

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I relate to this completely. All week I think we are useless and there’s not much point watching but come the day before the game I can generate a heap of reasons we will win 

I can givea rock solid reason whywe will win tomorrow. The social secretary has booked us in for an event and it will be the first game I dont watch live. Guaranteed to break the duck.

Mike and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mike yes one man to blame .....

It’s an indication of just how badly the Wests Tigers is actually run. 

ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I can givea rock solid reason whywe will win tomorrow. The social secretary has booked us in for an event and it will be the first game I dont watch live. Guaranteed to break the duck.

So I guess your just not allowed to watch the footy any more mate...

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Nailed it.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: