Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers team v Knights Rd 2

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @skippa13

I try to remain as positive and measured on this forum as possible, but I swear to god if seyfarth gives away a penalty when we’re trying to build pressure on the weekend I am going to lose my nut.

I am not a Seyfarth fan either.

Neither am I but he could lift for this one game and do a good job. I think it’ll be tough in the middle, the Knights boys wanting to make a statement over Klemmer, and I think Seyfarth might enjoy that challenge. 

Mac_Tiger and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

I try to remain as positive and measured on this forum as possible, but I swear to god if seyfarth gives away a penalty when we’re trying to build pressure on the weekend I am going to lose my nut.

Neither am I but he could lift for this one game and do a good job. I think it’ll be tough in the middle, the Knights boys wanting to make a statement over Klemmer, and I think Seyfarth might enjoy that challenge. 

It’s frustrating because I like his character/passion, just not his skill set or brain farts. Not looking for him to be a game changer on the weekend, just don’t give away penalties or lose the ball.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @russtutty63

It’s frustrating because I like his character/passion, just not his skill set or brain farts. Not looking for him to be a game changer on the weekend, just don’t give away penalties or lose the ball.

I hate being hard on him, I think he trains hard, has a real go and has gotten the most out of the skill and talent he was given. He is just at the top of his potential and sadly that just isn't very high or NRL standard.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

surely talau will  not be fit 

Wasn’t it just cramp?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @helmesy

surely talau will  not be fit 

Wasn’t it just cramp?

I thought so

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

On the subject of Alex Seyfarth I’m of the opinion that he’s still developing his game,a bit of a late bloomer.                         
 From the outside one would have thought he may have been culled,but he’s managed to avoid that so from the inside he must be doing something right.I believe there is a lot of upside here,and especially when he can develop his concentration and eliminate the silly errors.There is a lot to like in regards to his energy level and his general aggression.I don’t believe that has gone unnoticed.Interesting that he knocked back the Warriors contract that Webster offered.While he’s no knock’em down heavyweight I think he’s going to further grow into his body,as per Sam McIntyre who looks a good deal more robust than when he was with the WT.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

On the subject of Alex Seyfarth I’m of the opinion that he’s still developing his game,a bit of a late bloomer.                         
 From the outside one would have thought he may have been culled,but he’s managed to avoid that so from the inside he must be doing something right.I believe there is a lot of upside here,and especially when he can develop his concentration and eliminate the silly errors.There is a lot to like in regards to his energy level and his general aggression.I don’t believe that has gone unnoticed.Interesting that he knocked back the Warriors contract that Webster offered.While he’s no knock’em down heavyweight I think he’s going to further grow into his body,as per Sam McIntyre who looks a good deal more robust than when he was with the WT.

Disagree. Look at his total run metres

https://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/player-stats/2022-nrl-top-all-run-metres/

ranks 305th among NRL players for total run metres with 690 total metres in 20 matches played.

He ran 4.55 times on average per match for 34.50 m total per game.

That is 7.58 m per carry.

An NRL Average carry is 8.62m. Seyfarth gets hit and goes down. No post contact / go forward.

Seyfarth wouldnt have turned down a 3 year contract with the Warriors unless his manager had something else on the horizon for him. I predict that once Moses re-signs with the Eels that Nathan Brown and Seyfarth trade places. Seyfarth is managed by the Orr brothers who represent Brad Arthur.

For those interested in a comparison

Nathan Brown 2022

13 Matches

1401m total metres for the year

107.7m per game

11.46 carries per game

9.40m per carry

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The Tigers are such a mystery at the moment aren’t they. They’re coming off a wooden spoon, have a new coaching staff and a high turnover of players. Plus, of course, they’re trying to implement a new or different playing style. When you take all that into consideration you can see why it might take a month or so of footy to see some kind of consistency in performance in games (much easier to see it in training with less pressure etc). Really unsure what to expect over the next month, just think the forwards have to be very, very good and give the rest of the team opportunities to attack then see what comes of it. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I think he's a real plodder with very limited talent. Would have preferred to give Matamua a run.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Seyfarth goes OK he works hard in defence not a bad player to have in the 17.Go out there and rattle Hastings 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@mickb Stats tell a story no doubt,but when taking an array of factors into consideration can at times be misleading.I wouldn’t be negating him  just yet nor would I be dismissive of him by writing him off as a plodder as someone rather unkindly referred to him as.At least give him the benefit of a new season and a chance to contribute to the team.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@mickb Stats tell a story no doubt,but when taking an array of factors into consideration can at times be misleading.I wouldn’t be negating him  just yet nor would I be dismissive of him by writing him off as a plodder as someone rather unkindly referred to him as.At least give him the benefit of a new season and a chance to contribute to the team.

Stats only tell part of the story. Context is King. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Blore has been ruled out for this weekend’s clash with the Knights

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Seyfarth goes OK he works hard in defence not a bad player to have in the 17.Go out there and rattle Hastings

I’m a fan of Alex but not in the back row though. We honestly should be using Matamua

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

In other news for round 2 clash …. We have the same referee in inspector Gough

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: