Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Round 16 Tigers v Storm

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @skippa13

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think we will win this weekend. Outside of Hughes and Nelson, the storm team look garbage. If olam starts I may change my tip but this is the type of game I could see us springing an upset (just like last week was a perfect week for us to flop as favourites).

if we had api and Brooks I'd say we woukd definitely have beaten them. A little worried but still think we scrape home

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @frullens

Excited to see TDS - But don't think it's a great set up to bring him into for a debut

Whats Matamua doing wrong - would prefer him to get a run on the bench over Seyfarth or Talau. Would of been happy to see James on the bench also.

Dont think James has the motor for it yet.

Don't like Bateman at 13 prefer him in 2nd row. 

Agreed

Missing Joffa.

100%

Would be happy to experent with rua at 13 - like a cotter, cheese type.

Not fit enough, doesnt have the motor yet (or ever)

Hopefully Blore has a better game 

Wakeham/Toa halves is a indictment on the admin that we are left in this position.

Take the first choice 6, 7 and 9 out of any club and they are going to be in trouble.....but yes Hastings would be handy right now (would we still have Klemmer though?). Now that I think of it, Rd 1 our spine would have been Staines, AD, Brooks & Api, all out injured long term.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Rua has barely played this season, been plagued with injuries. Been pretty ordinary in the time he has played as well, a world away from the guy that impressed in the trial games. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think we will win this weekend. Outside of Hughes and Nelson, the storm team look garbage. If olam starts I may change my tip but this is the type of game I could see us springing an upset (just like last week was a perfect week for us to flop as favourites).

I agree. I can’t believe you’re saying it either 😀

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Was disappointed with Blore last week. This is an opportunity for him to step up and really show us what he offers. 

I think that’s all he has to offer. I don’t think there’s much there.

I’m beginning to think that way too. I hope we are both wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @tigersteve

With Steph, Api and Luke out there are no expectations this week so an upset may be on. But, Storm do have a Jennings in their team, they always seem to give us grief in some way.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

With Steph, Api and Luke out there are no expectations this week so an upset may be on. But, Storm do have a Jennings in their team, they always seem to give us grief in some way.

think we can win this game 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

We’d be a chance if we actually had halves. Wakeham and To’a don’t fill me with any confidence 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

We’d be a chance if we actually had halves. Wakeham and To’a don’t fill me with any confidence 

our forwards might get us in the right position and our backline is not too bad against that storm side, I will tip them this week

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I just can't see us winning with the strongest member of our spine being a young 7 game rookie.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

our forwards might get us in the right position and our backline is not too bad against that storm side, I will tip them this week

need halves and a hooker to support getting the team around and get the balls in scoring positions. We are definitely weak in the halves. I hope to be proven wrong as I agree we have the pack to match them and enough strike in the outside backs. Bench is 

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Congratulations to Bateman being selected as Captain while Api recovers he thoroughly deserves it..Let’s hope they can understand him.😂

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2023/06/14/bateman/

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Im actually very keen to see how To’a goes at 6. Could surprise I reckon

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Yeah, could be interesting. He was a fullback in juniors and he was the one that put the kick in for Joffa’s disallowed try. Might work. 

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mike

Yeah, could be interesting. He was a fullback in juniors and he was the one that put the kick in for Joffa’s disallowed try. Might work. 

To’a has grown in confidence so far this season…he has played junior’s at 6. I’m worried about our general kicking game, Bula? To’a? Simpkin? That’s abit of pressure for our slowest back to deal with. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: