Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rd 14 Tigers v Raiders

(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m thoroughly disgusted at the officiating.Canberra were allowed to flounce all over us and greatly retard our ruck speed when we were clearly getting over the top of them.It went on unchecked and allowed them to reset. 
 Their goal line defence,time and time again was transgressing so blatantly I wonder why we have touch judges.I can understand and cop human error and mistakes on the fly,but when a team’s ability to play ball is hampered by negligence,incompetence or dare I suggest something a little more sinister it really leaves a bad taste.Having said that I think as a unit we’re showing really positive development.

Well done boys! never capitulated,and you fought like Tigers.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigerlily

Also seeing as we have absolutely no impact coming of the bench I think we would be better off with Pole coming off the bench as an impact Prop get rid of Seyfarth, and  either move Bateman to Lock or bring Blore or Justin in.

We missed Joffa

TigerSteve and Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @lestronge

@dirty-reds that’s the thing I don’t get . He gets api for knocking the ball out , somehow knocking on ? I don’t get how in some universe , you can knock it on , without ever having the ball .. but ok sure . Then the same logic has to be applied for the pole break . But it’s not because the bunker/ref are a joke . Even as others have suggested how we lost our challenge . There’s no way on earth stef rakes at the ball. The ball comes out as he’s trying to stop the offload , so of course serfs arm will come free and slightly flop around . There’s no ball to hold onto anymore . 

and no I don’t want to see annelsley on Tuesday go “ah derrrrr yep we got that wrong ah derrrr” Like fix it dickhead !

Or don’t hire sycophants , and incompetent yes men . Hire some guys who actually understand how football is played .

Refs failed geometry in high school 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
jirskyr
(@jirskyr)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @garry

Ice got that charge down very wrong, he should have stayed on his feet. There is no way you can hit the legs of the kicker like that.

He had to dive for the challenge on the ball. Totally accidental and didn’t injure the kicker. Then he kicks the goal to secure win. Why didn’t he go to the bin then ??

This game gives me the shits sometimes 

That's the part that's hard to swallow - IP dives from almost 10 metres away and there is no doubt whatsoever that he's making a desperate attempt to block the kick. There's nothing reckless or careless about it, he doesn't aim at the legs. Most reckless hits on kickers occur at close range, and not in the act of attempting a charge-down; usually in the attempt of making a tackle.

It's pure physics that if you attempt a diving charge down, you are aiming towards the kicker's feet - there's no other way physically to do it. It's not realistic to ask players to get back onside and then never leave their feet in attempting to rush the FG kicker. Even if you don't dive you can still make contact with legs - Hudson Young does this on Brooks' last attempt, but Brooks does not go down.

It's become so pedantic - kick pressure now involves bearing down ominously on the kicker, but catching him in a friendly hug. You can't be 1 millisecond late when leaning into a halfback who digs into the line. Now apparently you can't dive to affect a charge-down. 

Of course IP made contact with the ankles but the player was unharmed and there was no intent or reckless play. He dives from a great distance even before Fogarty has followed-through on the kick. I don't want kickers to be fair game but the defender has to be given some leeway when their tackle attempt is not reckless.

LoganR21 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @jirskyr

Posted by: @loganr21

Posted by: @garry

Ice got that charge down very wrong, he should have stayed on his feet. There is no way you can hit the legs of the kicker like that.

He had to dive for the challenge on the ball. Totally accidental and didn’t injure the kicker. Then he kicks the goal to secure win. Why didn’t he go to the bin then ??

This game gives me the shits sometimes 

That's the part that's hard to swallow - IP dives from almost 10 metres away and there is no doubt whatsoever that he's making a desperate attempt to block the kick. There's nothing reckless or careless about it, he doesn't aim at the legs. Most reckless hits on kickers occur at close range, and not in the act of attempting a charge-down; usually in the attempt of making a tackle.

It's pure physics that if you attempt a diving charge down, you are aiming towards the kicker's feet - there's no other way physically to do it. It's not realistic to ask players to get back onside and then never leave their feet in attempting to rush the FG kicker. Even if you don't dive you can still make contact with legs - Hudson Young does this on Brooks' last attempt, but Brooks does not go down.

It's become so pedantic - kick pressure now involves bearing down ominously on the kicker, but catching him in a friendly hug. You can't be 1 millisecond late when leaning into a halfback who digs into the line. Now apparently you can't dive to affect a charge-down. 

Of course IP made contact with the ankles but the player was unharmed and there was no intent or reckless play. He dives from a great distance even before Fogarty has followed-through on the kick. I don't want kickers to be fair game but the defender has to be given some leeway when their tackle attempt is not reckless.

we will see kickers diving all the time now after tonight

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I understand people being upset by the ruck speed they did seem to get away with a lot. 

The Brooks push looked pretty clear as well. Not sure how it was missed. 

The field goal charge down is a clear penalty. Has been for a long time. You may disagree with the rule but the fact is it’s the correct call. 

We had enough opportunities in the first 65 minutes to win the game and just didn’t take our chances. This side is growing but needs more composure. 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

I understand people being upset by the ruck speed they did seem to get away with a lot. 

The field goal charge down is a clear penalty. Has been for a long time. You may disagree with the rule but the fact is it’s the correct call. 

We had enough opportunities in the first 65 minutes to win the game and just didn’t take our chances. This side is growing but needs more composure. 

I am sure that last field goal attempt from Brooks on the buzzer his leg got touched by a raiders playerafter he kicked it... :p

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

@jirskyr the onus is on the players mate. You dive for a charge down you have to be sure you’re not going to hit the legs . 
The reality IMO, is Ice missed the jump at the play the ball , was a step behind where he probably should have been , dived late , and took out his legs . It’s a penalty all day . 
Like I said once he was late and realised that t , he should have just pulled out , as giving up a tie , was way less of a risk than giving up a penalty and therefore the game . 
Much like the last tackle , we have to be more professional at keep our heads when in these types of situations . 
by the way I watched it again , the try was on down the right . Pole shuffles it on and it’s a 4 on 2 . For whatever reason , he decides to run straight back into the middle . You can see Toa absolutely losing it , on the edge for good reason . 
It wasn’t the halves who blew that it was Pole . But he just had a rush of blood . Really we should have never been in that position .Sticky even admitted his team were a grinding team aka . Storm circa 2015. 
But that’s not on the raiders . They were well coached to know that Sutton was never ever going to ping them for it , so they pushed the boundaries . 
and the 2nd try with brooks , is literally a case of are your eyes painted on .

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

time to give Da Silva a run for 10-15 mins on the bench in place of Simpkin to give Api a rest

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I am sure that last field goal attempt from Brooks on the buzzer his leg got touched by a raiders playerafter he kicked it... :p

I’d have to look at it but I did hear the ref check the contact with the bunker 

ReplyQuote
(@greatodensraven)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I thought our boys were unlucky last night. Raiders holding us down in the ptb all night & really should’ve had a couple more sinbins much earlier than the one they eventually got. I hope Sheens calls that out with the ref’s boss & that we get a fair go moving forward. It’s really exciting to see we’re starting to implement a style of play that is fast paced, quick ptb’s, plenty of bodies in motion, supporting the ball runner etc. Brooks & Api seem to have figured out how to play together effectively. Would like to see our outside backs getting more early ball & when Bula chimes in having the wingers turn back in if we run out of room. Star & Jnr showed last week what they can do when given the opportunities. We just need to figure out how to win when we’re not consistently winning the ruck (although illegally last night!).

I think Api is more than capable playing 80 mins (unless he’s played origin that week) so would like to see Blore & Matamua given a go on the bench instead of Simpkin & Seyfarth. That will hopefully give us a bit more impact.

Disappointed to lose that way but plenty of pleasing signs we can build on.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

time to give Da Silva a run for 10-15 mins on the bench in place of Simpkin to give Api a rest

he’s a bit young. Hasn’t even played state cup

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I very rarely am still annoyed the next day after a loss but geez that one hurt last night. I think we deserved to win that.

Pole's kick returns in the final quarter of the match were legendary.

Jedi Tiger and jirskyr reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

he’s a bit young. Hasn’t even played state cup

He is playing state cup today.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Pole's kick returns in the final quarter of the match were legendary.

That needs to be his standard now. Just amazing 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 13
Share: