Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live Game Thread V Roosters (trial 2022)

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Has anyone actually asked Liddle how to how he pronounces his name? Eddie might be right, and we've been culturally insensitive this whole time

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

Has anyone actually asked Liddle how to how he pronounces his name? Eddie might be right, and we've been culturally insensitive this whole time

Memo to Eddie before next podcast:

Rhymes with middle,diddle,widdle,piddle,fiddle,riddle,and Peter Siddle!

This could get very ugly!

ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

It's Liddle from Ridell High..

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @geo-2

It's Liddle from Ridell High..

Its Bulldogs bound with Koroisai and Rua kicking butt and taking names  

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Boys played well for the last 60 minutes last night ..fair few positives to take from last night ...Hastings played pretty well ..Gildart looks ok .....Peachey was pretty meh 

The young blokes looked way better ...tough conditions to play footy in .....slippery ball ...guessing it would have been very humid as well 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Just watched the game and was impressed with our resolve throughout. The composure and dare I say it class of Hastings,Brooks to me was Luke Brooks. He did enough but he’s still a mystery. Madden had some nice touches too which is good also.

Forwards we’re strong especially back row and Seyfarth could do a job in the second row. The injury to Liddle could change our bench with Peachey sharing a role with Simpkin. But hopefully Liddle’s injury isn’t serious so we can run with Peachey at lock.

On a whole I m looking forward to round 1 and giving the storm a shake.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Defensively, the right hand side of LL, Nofo and Roberts looked far more sound with Hasting defending there. He's a solid body and a good talker, hopefully taking a lot of the decisions away from LL and Roberts. Always around the ball and in support but with a calmness about him - like Mark Waugh when he batted - didn't seem to do much but very effective.

Nofo saved a try and stole a good ball on the line but I'm sure there'll be folks slamming him for coming off his wing.  Our middle looked as solid as it has in years. The issue will be depth and season long intensity. I guess if we can win a few early games it will keep spirits high.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @tiger5150

Very happy with that. Finally we looked a different team to last year.

My thoughts....

Much improved defence generally. Looked strong in D in the middle unless broken play. Their two tries were soft, Gildart needs to learn to count.

Tuilagi will be a star, Very disappointed to lose him,

LL is putting in and looked great.

Better than solid from Hastings. Might have convinced me already.

Gildart surprised me in attack, in a good way.

Even Roberts looked like a first grader tonight.

I thought Jacob lidDELL played well in the first half and probably saved his first grade spot (pending injury) but Rua has the best service from DH. I think Simpkin will be in trouble in the squad.

Pack looked strong and FINALLY Musgrove stood up and showed some ticker.

Tentatively optimistic. The team we saw tonight will not come last. Lets see if that team turns up most weeks.

Great post

Has Tuilagi been confirmed that hes signed with Manly or is there still a chance we can lock him down?

Does anyone know if Rua can play from.round 1 or do.we need to promote to top 30?

Rua not in top 30 at this stage so can't be picked.

I believe Tuilagi has already signed the deal with the Sea Eagles.

True, but we do have a top 30 spot open. On what I have seen so far I'd be happy to give to Rua. Shown enough that he will be a genuine first grader. Im hoping against hope that there is a reason Tuilagi hasnt been announced.

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Eddie has convinced me, I'm running with it.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Rua should be starting 9. He’s so much better than our other guys it’s not funny.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Rua should be starting 9. He’s so much better than our other guys it’s not funny.

Very sharp passing from him and he looked at ease playing with the big boys.

Question is just whether the club makes him player 30.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@helmesy no brainer for me. Upgrade him now. Looks a special talent

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Big difference coming on for 20 mins in a trial against similar opposition than Starting NRL hooker week in week out..

Having sais that there is a lot to like about Ngatikaura..

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@geo-2 it’s how he plays that’s the exciting part, not who he’s playing against. His service was far crisper than Liddle and his running game is also better. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @geo-2

Big difference coming on for 20 mins in a trial against similar opposition than Starting NRL hooker week in week out..

Having sais that there is a lot to like about Ngatikaura..

I'm happy to give him most of this season playing against men before we look at him for a regular NRL position.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 11
Share: