Clear all

Live game thread v Dragons Round 8 *spoliers*

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Defensively Gildart would have to be the worst back in the competition
Probably the worst pommy back to come to Australia prior to that John Bentley played a few games for Balmain in late 1990's from Halifax he was dreadful too

He’s one of the worst centres I’ve ever seen. Madge selecting him over Peachey is stupid.

Agree with you both! Peachey really is out of favour... hopefully Madge releases him from the naughty corner so he can take Gildart's position. Unfortunately Oliver has let in an easy try in each of the last two games by rushing up when we're defending our line, madness!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

We are really down on troops and it showed today.

Is it as simple as if we desperately missing  decent centres and Laurie at fullback?

The other that we need back is Simpkin. Either to start, or come on to relieve Liddle. He would have been great to come on yesterday with his energy and engagement from dummy half (instead of Madden).

Madden is barely NRL level and is terrible off the bench. Benchies should provide impact which Jake would do but Madden does the opposite! He is way off NRL pace as a sub' and offers little if anything. If Jake is fit he should be there, if Madge insists on playing a smaller guy off the bench.

Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wollongongtiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I was at the game and I thought we were good. definitely the better side. 
We were well organised and the effort was there but it’s obvious we lack a strike centre. 

Ken back in if fit

AJ and Peachey to the centres. Gildart on economy back to England 

Garner back to the bench with Simpkin. Madden to nsw cup 

Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @geo-2

Dragoons goal line defence has been excellent for the past two weeks Rorters struggled to score for long periods in their 20m zone with all their class at disposal..

I know it’s hard to admit but sometimes the other team does good stuff too…

Yep that's how I saw it. We lacked a bit of class through injury and what not to ice the game, but the Drags were good at withstanding what we threw at them and its no embarrassment losing to them given the tough brand they are playing.  

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @wollongongtiger

I was at the game and I thought we were good. definitely the better side. 
We were well organised and the effort was there but it’s obvious we lack a strike centre. 

Ken back in if fit

AJ and Peachey to the centres. Gildart on economy back to England 

Garner back to the bench with Simpkin. Madden to nsw cup 

Just about perfect mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: