Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @voice_of_reason

Cleary is not and never has been a CEO

I know that, but it refutes the point that laid-back can't work.

No it’s doesn’t refute anything. There is a huge difference between the CEO and the rest of the organisation. The CEO is the operational head and sets the example for the rest of the organisation. This sets the culture. Here in lies the problem with the Wests Tigers. Pascoe must go. 

Spot on @Mike, Pascoe, despite his strengths, is not the man to head up a whole organisation and set standards. For example, he has made fun (in my company) of those people who were critical of him for turning up for a press conference unshaved.

Fish rots from the head down and that includes a board that hasn’t kicked any substantial goals in the past five years.

I agree with @Voice_of_reason that the poor results aren’t directly attributable to the CEO, however, ultimately ongoing failure (as a football team) does fall at the feet of the decision makers and those that set the parameters.

Pascoe would be a great CFO, a CEO he is not. 

I don't think he'd be a good CFO either. He has zero financial background. he comes from marketing.

You are probably right. Bye bye Pascoe 

Avo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m not against removing Pascoe, but I think we need change at board level first. Pascoe has some achievements (sponsorships, memberships, balanced the books and the COE). My biggest gripe with Pascoe is him not appointing a football director to support Madge sooner. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I’m not against removing Pascoe, but I think we need change at board level first. Pascoe has some achievements (sponsorships, memberships, balanced the books and the COE). My biggest gripe with Pascoe is him not appointing a football director to support Madge sooner. 

There is no change at board level coming.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @mac_tiger

How many of the following club CEOs have any sort of background, personally associated with or have practical involvement with the coaching or on field performances of their clubs:

Panthers: Brian Fletcher

Sharks: Dino Mezzatesta

Storm: Justin Rodski

Eels: Jim Sarantinos

Roosters: Joe Kelly

Manly: Gary Wolman

Warriors: Cameron George

Cowboys: Jeff Reibel

Rabbits: Blake Solly

Titans: Steve Mitchell

Knights: Phil Gardner

Broncos: Dave Donaghy

Raiders: Don Furner

Dragons: Ryan Webb

Dogs: Aaron Warburton?

The answer is none or rarely – all of these people have backgrounds in business, journalism, management positions in sporting organisations, accounting, law, sports managemen

I don't think the CEO needs to be an ex coach but do think  they need to be actively involved in the business of football,  and ideally have some background in football.

Don Furner - brother and dad both coached raiders

Blake Solly - was the GM of super league

Unless there's strong football background on the board,  like Roosters and Panthers, etc the CEO can be more finance focused. 

Joe Kelly - CFO Chelsea FC

Cameron George - Former Director and CEO Auckland Racing Club

Brian Fletcher at panthers is the group CEO with a specific CEO under him for football :

While Mr Fletcher, who has been CEO of Hawkesbury Race Club for more than 25 years, will take on the role as Group CEO, there will still be a CEO specifically in charge of the rugby league side of the business, with the club to go to market to find the right person for that role, which was vacated by Justin Pascoe more than six months ago.

“Football is our core business. The better we go there, the better we’ll go everywhere. We’ll be looking at getting the best CEO of football we can get our hands on,” Mr Fletcher said.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 9
Share: