Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live Game NRL Round 4 *Spoilers*

(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mac_tiger

There is no doubt that last night’s match was a continuation of the poor game management that we’ve seen for such a long time, and any half decent team would not have been in that position in the 79th minute. But we were not just playing against the Titans 17 sadly:

• the ref let the Titans get away with things that he pinged us on. The most egregious was mid 2nd half when we were on their line and one of our forwards got pulled backwards – he played the advantage but when the play broke down he didn’t come back for the penalty
  • the bunker who doesn’t know what a knock back is
  • the independent doctor who plucks Lids off (who unsurprisingly passed the HIA) but nit the Titans player who dropped the ball when he was stunned by the collision.   

We have a very ordinary roster and aren’t very well coached, so we need some things to go right for us to be competitive. The least the NRL can do is be fair in the officiating.

I’m glad Brooks has been asking questions of the referees – he should amp it up.  

Agree with you Mac,and interesting point you make about the independent HIA from the bunker.

Twice in the Newcastle game(Joffa and Noffa)and Lids on Thursday night.All of them were fine.I understand player safety cannot be taken for granted,but our continuity was really given a kick in the pants in all three cases.It would seem this new rule needs some refinement.

ReplyQuote
(@ccstktk8)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Agghh, Gildart. 

ReplyQuote
(@ccstktk8)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Lids on Thursday night.All of them were fine.I understand 

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share: