Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live Game NRL Round 4 *Spoilers*

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@dallas yeah I thought maddens kicking was very good as well.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

honestly how many times do the footy gods go against the Tigers

The 2010 scrum where Heighno knocked it on

Now this, things happen to this team all the time

we were the better team, the tide will turn our defence is good I think we need Hastings back in and that will help

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @skippa13

yeah I thought maddens kicking was very good as well.

We kicked it straight to their back three and they were cruising up the field. His kicks to Ken were average, he put in a shocker in the first half on the 4th tackle which didn't make the line and I *think* it was Brooks who got the repeat set from which Nofo nearly scored.

We need some variety on our kicking game, kick to the grass and make them bend down to get it rather than run onto a ball at pace. Kick for touch and give our forwards a break. Fullbacks and wingers - as a general rule - aren't going to drop many high balls unless there's lots of wind, rain or chase pressure (which we didn't have tonight).

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hodgo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

agree with alot of people here. The effort was there, the defence was awesome imo. The swap to give jock a bigger role was interesting and will prob take a few games to see whether he has it or not. My only massive issue is good teams want the ball in their hands to ice the game. We chose a penatly goal and we let gc be the team to win or lose it that really bugged me. While we have that attitude we are going to struggle with the close ones. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Considering our squad and our injurys plus 2 tries in 2 weeks not given,  I'm very proud of the boys - both for the effort for the whole game but also the defence is getting stronger and stronger.

We seriously lack a a leader in the halves to manipulate and plot our play - particularly in the 20m.

I hope we can keep up this defence and effort until Hastings is back, as we desperately need him.

It will be interesting if Brooks or Madden stays on once Hastings is back. I thought Madden looked more dangerous and composed.

Well done boys for the effort. Keep your heads up and keep working hard - things will turn around.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@dallas)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@voice_of_reason 

I think he had 2 bad kicks when trying to chip to our wingers.

1 long kick that hit the ground and stopped in the in goal area another hit the ground and bounced backwards. 
I think he also had 2 repeat set kicks.
most of the others landed within the 10m mark, a pretty good effort I think

ReplyQuote
(@dallas)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@frullens I would love to see Madden given a chance with Hastings but I think it is no chance of happening 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @dallas

I think he had 2 bad kicks when trying to chip to our wingers.

1 long kick that hit the ground and stopped in the in goal area another hit the ground and bounced backwards. 
I think he also had 2 repeat set kicks.
most of the others landed within the 10m mark, a pretty good effort I think

I'd have to rewatch the game to refute (and I'm unlikely to do that) but none of them challenged the opposition. Brooks was much the same. Our kicking game is weak and predictable and it needs to be strong and unpredictable. There was one kiick close to the line that Lucy tried to bat back and missed - at least it was in the red zone.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

Well then! I just arrived home and catching up on tonight’s current events, it looks like I didn’t miss anything by not watching this game.

It’s sounds like it was really enthralling game. Rinse and repeat.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @lestronge

@eastiemagpie It was the right decision . The reason the titans walked up the field was the brooks high tackle . Which he got his arm around the ball. 
we copped some absolute shocking decisions tonight 

after we had them pinned on the line . 

Nah should not have taken the two!!

But Atkins orchestrated that finish with the penalty kick to start. But Brooks should also tried to milk the clock more. But the high shot on Thompson was laughable. Again that was Brooks Lols. But that last play of Maddens was awful.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I'm not fussed with the decision for the kick. Either way could have won it or lost it - it just happens we took the two and they fluked a try. We could easily have knocked it on first play or kicked it dead and given them a seven tackle set.

Sometimes luck runs against you and right now it seems we're getting the sharp end of the stick no matter what we do.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@voice_of_reason well said

ultimately they fluked that try, our defence is solid almost all our tries over the opening 4 rounds are from  kicks

The tide will turn  

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I don’t know why we took the penalty goal. Should have taken our usual 5 hit ups and then a bomb. A tough loss that.

Agree. Field position was more important than the 2 points. The ref had blown time off so there was no time taken off the clock during the kick, only a few seconds when time back on and not the usual minute or so. Just bad game management. Peachy had the right idea to take the tap. 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@plundermonkey)
Wests Tigers Supporter

We’ve conceded 3 tries in 160 minutes, two of which were very  flukey. Defence is absolutely going in the right direction. The attack, not so much. Keep at it boys, your time will come. 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Plundermonkey

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We didn't lose because we took the two points on offer and we didn't lose because of an unlucky bounce in the last play of the game.

We lost because our attack is still very poor and we don't score enough tries, one try would have won us the game.

The defence was good last night which is a positive moving forward but until our halves learn how to create numbers on an overlap or put an edge forward through a hole we won't be winning many games.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7
Share: