Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Souths Rd 12 *spoilers

(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Our problems from tonight ...line speed was pathetic 

We are so overmatched ...our back 5 bar Maumalo ( who is very obviously playing injured ) are tiny and just get dominated ....Jaxson Paulo is available for 2023...grab him ....Cody Walker runs over Stefano and Musgrove to score ...are you serious 

Our best player from tonight ...still was involved in game changing moment that cost us big time

Our forwards were soft ....really bad ...anyone who doesn't rate Twal ...think again

Hastings is overplaying his hand ...go back and watch how often he is getting tackled on tackle 4 and 5 

Many may disagree ...but that was our worst performance of the season ...in our biggest game of the season ....so very much WT's 

Garner has to return to the centres ......Tuilagi and Lucy have to start 

Seyfarth needs to become a permanent member our of reserves .......

Why is Stefano one of our legs tackler ....every time he and Seyfarth go legs our defence crumbles because they get lost  they turn their backs getting into line ...the speed of the game just gets them every time   what makes it even worse ...they have to get redirected into the right position in the defensive line ...don't believe me watch it again ...Souths just hit another gear every time they get caught out 

We seem to be trying to outscore sides again .......defence 1st gents ...please ...because that was embarassing 

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @tigersteve

I’m with @mike tonight.

Yes we were rolled in the middle. The south’s pack will always do this when they get plentiful ball and get in the front door. Their packs’ size and mobility and zip from dummy half makes it very hard to wrestle back momentum once they get a toll on.

We capitulated through fatigue at the back end.

BUT, one significant reason they were able to do this was due to them getting the 50/50’s. most significantly the knock on from the ruck that was missed, eventuating in south’s attacking our line rather than defending their line. This obvious blunder was inexcusable and totally changed the momentum of the game.

And it happens all the time.

We couldn’t react to that momentum swing and we never came back. Sure we should’ve better BUT we shouldn’t have had to deal with that situation in the first place.

Sorry Stevo ...watch the 1st 5 minutes ...no line speed from the get go .....we got ahead and thought we will start a pointscoring war ...and got squashed like a gnat  when possession turned .....

I said we'd miss Twal ...we sure as hell did 

Joel Helmes, Avo, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Did we do a Podcast last night guys ?

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @loganr21

Did we do a Podcast last night guys ?

No mate but we are live tonight at 8.30pm. Link will be posted later today

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

I’m with @mike tonight.

Yes we were rolled in the middle. The south’s pack will always do this when they get plentiful ball and get in the front door. Their packs’ size and mobility and zip from dummy half makes it very hard to wrestle back momentum once they get a toll on.

BUT, one significant reason they were able to do this was due to them getting the 50/50’s. most significantly the knock on from the ruck that was missed, eventuating in south’s attacking our line rather than defending their line. This obvious blunder was inexcusable and totally changed the momentum of the game.

We couldn’t react to that momentum swing and we never came back. Sure we should’ve better BUT we shouldn’t have had to deal with that situation in the first place.

Sorry Stevo ...watch the 1st 5 minutes ...no line speed from the get go .....we got ahead and thought we will start a pointscoring war ...and got squashed like a gnat  when possession turned .....

On the matter of line speed they were perpetually jumping the gun and it went on for the duration of the match with Sutton’s blessing.Farcical.We were getting picked off.

The arbitrary nature of six agains,where we were getting clobbered by them on the 4th and 5th tackle,is really hard to take.I would prefer to dispense with this rule altogether.It invests the referee with too much power on the run,where he hardly has to justify his actions.

Souths forwards were very tough and outmuscled us,but we had the lifeblood drained out of us.Stefano seems really ginger,Kelma lacking vigour,but agree with you Unhappy Tiger,Twaly’s absence stuck out like the proverbials.

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy does madge get punted this week ?

I think so

No chance

Why?

the club will not sack him this week.

Why do you think that?

Because they won't

Money

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I’m with @mike tonight.

On the matter of line speed they were perpetually jumping the gun and it went on for the duration of the match with Sutton’s blessing.Farcical.We were getting picked off.

The arbitrary nature of six agains,where we were getting clobbered by them on the 4th and 5th tackle,is really hard to take.I would prefer to dispense with this rule altogether.It invests the referee with too much power on the run,where he hardly has to justify his actions.

Souths forwards were very tough and outmuscled us,but we had the lifeblood drained out of us.Stefano seems really ginger,Kelma lacking vigour,but agree with you Unhappy Tiger,Twaly’s absence stuck out like the proverbials.

But thats what happens when you lose the field position war .....the lack of line speed had them tearing at us with absolutely no fear of someone putting them on their asses and we were always coming from our 10 metre zone 

We only have ourselves to blame ..yeah we missed a couple of 50/50 calls ....but the minute Souffs hung onto the ball it was going to get messy 

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers - Round 12, 2022 - Match Centre - NRL

Team stats ...very damning stuff 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I’m with @mike tonight.

But thats what happens when you lose the field position war .....the lack of line speed had them tearing at us with absolutely no fear of someone putting them on their asses and we were always coming from our 10 metre zone 

We only have ourselves to blame ..yeah we missed a couple of 50/50 calls ....but the minute Souffs hung onto the ball it was going to get messy 

As soon as you lose the middle the 6 again calls start going against you as you are holding down starting to regain control and you are struggling to get back onside because you are aren't controlling the play the ball speed. All this leads to fatigue that then compounds the issue and you end up with the opposition running wild in the last 20 minutes. This is exactly what happened last night.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@peter-a yeah i thought our backs didnt come in and help enough either.

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tigersteve 100%. We lost the middle battle but bloody hell we got nothing from that moronic ref. Cant be stuffed recalling every time we got dudded but there was atleast 6 wtfs !!!!

LoganR21 and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

@notherloss  yup we got Suttonised last night…. But !! Adversity is something that haunts us 

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Our problems from tonight ...line speed was pathetic 

We are so overmatched ...our back 5 bar Maumalo ( who is very obviously playing injured ) are tiny and just get dominated ....Jaxson Paulo is available for 2023...grab him ....Cody Walker runs over Stefano and Musgrove to score ...are you serious 

Our best player from tonight ...still was involved in game changing moment that cost us big time

Our forwards were soft ....really bad ...anyone who doesn't rate Twal ...think again

Hastings is overplaying his hand ...go back and watch how often he is getting tackled on tackle 4 and 5 

Many may disagree ...but that was our worst performance of the season ...in our biggest game of the season ....so very much WT's 

Garner has to return to the centres ......Tuilagi and Lucy have to start 

Seyfarth needs to become a permanent member our of reserves .......

Why is Stefano one of our legs tackler ....every time he and Seyfarth go legs our defence crumbles because they get lost  they turn their backs getting into line ...the speed of the game just gets them every time   what makes it even worse ...they have to get redirected into the right position in the defensive line ...don't believe me watch it again ...Souths just hit another gear every time they get caught out 

We seem to be trying to outscore sides again .......defence 1st gents ...please ...because that was embarassing 

I agree, our worst performance of the year. We weren’t switched on, the forwards were soft and the backs let in easy tries even when we had numbers.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @loganr21

@notherloss  yup we got Suttonised last night…. But !! Adversity is something that haunts us 

Suttonised,that’s brilliant,haha.Allow me to steal that!!I dare say we’ve been Suttonised with ongoing regularity over the last couple of years..

Mike and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

The refereeing was terrible and continueally setting us back in that second half. Its a simple thing but at the play the ball after Souffs kicked it out when the souffs player pulled it out of Joffas hands. When is that not a penalty. Continual. THe strip on Naden, the ball never left Nadens hands/arms and they just give it to Paulo?

Having got that off my chest, we just got beaten by a much better side tonight. Our pigs got smashed and we were continually on the back foot. For all the deification if Jackson Hastings, he was rubbish tonight and when things were tough Brooks was the one continually trying to pull something out. THe two out on the full are unforgivable but other than that I thought Brooks was our best. Laurie, Naden and Ken good as well.

Sick and tired of opposition players jogging through a weak tired effort by Musgrove as Walker did.

That is my biggest problem with Musgrove, we really missed Twal tonight.

Ain't going to be popular ...but Stefano needed a big kick up the coight as well .....

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 12
Share: