Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread v Roosters Rd23 *Spoilers

Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @declan

@tigersteve you implied that he wasn’t giving his 100 percent best…

I dont think Tigersteve did imply that.....but I will.

I am going to come and say unequivocally that last night Adam Doueihi dogged it, tanked, did not try 100%. Choose your favourite.

I was at the game last night and I have not watched the replay (nor am I likely to). I was in a corporate box at the SCG which also means I was a long way from the game/players, but I also had a very unique view of the game that I usually dont get, almost a birds eye view which was a new experience for me.

There is something wrong with Adam Doueihi and I dont mean physical/injury. From the first set of the match, Doueihi kept walking into position. Not once or twice, ALWAYS. Sometimes for 3 or 4 plays straight, not change into a jog even, just walking around. In defence he was walking to the line, even a few times there would be a hole in the line where he was supposed to be and he would casually walk such that he was in position when the ball got to his side of the field. Everyone else was running to where they were supposed to be and in the line and he would just walk to his hole in the line. I was shaking my head. Early in the game, I couldnt work it out and I actually thought that maybe he was high on his own hype and thought he was above all this and didnt need to work like the plebs do. As the game went on i started to worry it is something even more worrying.

It was not just me. I was in a box with 12 roosters fans, most have played the game and they were asking me what Doueihi's story was.

He would miss tackles, make mistakes and other than one dropped ball, it actually looked like he didnt care. He DID run off without shaking hands with anyone and I saw that with my own two eyes. It was very strange. He was OUTTA THERE!

This is a guy who talks about wanting to be a leader of our club, talks about wanting to be captain. What kind of leadership is it when other lesser paid players watch you walking around? What kind of leadership is it when after a savage flogging you cant even hang around to console and encourage your team mates?

Everything on this and other forums tends to degenerate into a Doueihi v Brooks binary. I have NOT been anti Doueihi at all, I acknowledge that he has been one of our more dangerous players in attack. I am anti Doueihi at 6 because I don't believe he is a halves bootlace. I am 100% anti Doueihi after what I saw last night. In 50years of following my club, I have never seen a performance like that last night. Personally, , I dont want him at 6 and he must never lead this team or club. TBH, right now, I don't want him at the club. he disgusts me right now.

There is something badly wrong with him. Whether it is his nose out of joint about not going to the Storm, wanting more money, embarrassed about being in this team, I dont know what it is, but something is not right. He is NOT part of this team right now.

I fear that this team/club is broken. The saddest part of last night was watching Joffa waling around the ground with his kid, in his 150th game.....all alone. None of his mates hanging around.

Disgraceful take.

In a week when the mental health of players and coaches has been front and centre of the rugby league conversation some people really need to think before they post.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @loganr21
Posted by: @tigersteve

Not sure how the club can look any of us in the eye with an expectation that we keep turning up.

And it’s time the playing group grow up and show the jersey and fans some respect.

It is getting harder and harder to follow modern rugby league players. Rather than demanding what position they play and getting their managers to constantly haggle for increased worth, maybe these self entitled spoilt brats should revert to old fashioned values of humility, hard work and the adage that success is earned not entitled.

As for the continuing Brooks debate. Yes, he is a poor organising half but I’ve never seen him give less than 100%. Madden tried last night. Doueihi I have no comment on. Anyone who doesn’t think Brooks would have been a superior defensive option last night has lost all objectivity in my opinion.

Well said on all counts.

Does anyone think that 75-90%of our team being indigenous has any weight on our performances these 11 years?

First of all, I can only think of three indigenous players in the squad. Secondly, no not at all and I think its a pretty borderline thing to say. Pick the best 30 players, black white or brown.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

I am going to come and say unequivocally that last night Adam Doueihi dogged it, tanked, did not try 100%. Choose your favourite.

I was at the game last night and I have not watched the replay (nor am I likely to). I was in a corporate box at the SCG which also means I was a long way from the game/players, but I also had a very unique view of the game that I usually dont get, almost a birds eye view which was a new experience for me.

There is something wrong with Adam Doueihi and I dont mean physical/injury. From the first set of the match, Doueihi kept walking into position. Not once or twice, ALWAYS. Sometimes for 3 or 4 plays straight, not change into a jog even, just walking around. In defence he was walking to the line, even a few times there would be a hole in the line where he was supposed to be and he would casually walk such that he was in position when the ball got to his side of the field. Everyone else was running to where they were supposed to be and in the line and he would just walk to his hole in the line. I was shaking my head. Early in the game, I couldnt work it out and I actually thought that maybe he was high on his own hype and thought he was above all this and didnt need to work like the plebs do. As the game went on i started to worry it is something even more worrying.

It was not just me. I was in a box with 12 roosters fans, most have played the game and they were asking me what Doueihi's story was.

He would miss tackles, make mistakes and other than one dropped ball, it actually looked like he didnt care. He DID run off without shaking hands with anyone and I saw that with my own two eyes. It was very strange. He was OUTTA THERE!

This is a guy who talks about wanting to be a leader of our club, talks about wanting to be captain. What kind of leadership is it when other lesser paid players watch you walking around? What kind of leadership is it when after a savage flogging you cant even hang around to console and encourage your team mates?

Everything on this and other forums tends to degenerate into a Doueihi v Brooks binary. I have NOT been anti Doueihi at all, I acknowledge that he has been one of our more dangerous players in attack. I am anti Doueihi at 6 because I don't believe he is a halves bootlace. I am 100% anti Doueihi after what I saw last night. In 50years of following my club, I have never seen a performance like that last night. Personally, , I dont want him at 6 and he must never lead this team or club. TBH, right now, I don't want him at the club. he disgusts me right now.

There is something badly wrong with him. Whether it is his nose out of joint about not going to the Storm, wanting more money, embarrassed about being in this team, I dont know what it is, but something is not right. He is NOT part of this team right now.

I fear that this team/club is broken. The saddest part of last night was watching Joffa waling around the ground with his kid, in his 150th game.....all alone. None of his mates hanging around.

Disgraceful take.

In a week when the mental health of players and coaches has been front and centre of the rugby league conversation some people really need to think before they post.

Exactly what is disgraceful about my post? I have quite literally just listed in detail what I saw with my own eyes. Im supposed to pretend it didnt happen? The constant walking/ The running off the field away from his team mates after the game? That didnt happen?

Ive literally said that there must be something wrong with him and I dont know what it is. What does my post have to do with mental health? We should all just pretend everything is good so no one gets sad?

I think people really need to think before they play the "mental health" card when their favorite player gets criticised.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Disgraceful take.

Exactly what is disgraceful about my post? I have quite literally just listed in detail what I saw with my own eyes. Im supposed to pretend it didnt happen? The constant walking/ The running off the field away from his team mates after the game? That didnt happen?

Ive literally said that there must be something wrong with him and I dont know what it is. What does my post have to do with mental health? We should all just pretend everything is good so no one gets sad?

I think people really need to think before they play the "mental health" card when their favorite player gets criticised.

You’ve accused a professional rugby league player of deliberately throwing a game because he played poorly, a player who’s clearly not in a great head space.

All in the same week another young player received death threats on social media for dropping a bomb. 

If you can’t see what’s wrong with that then the floors yours, I’m out.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Disgraceful take.

You’ve accused a professional rugby league player of deliberately throwing a game because he played poorly, a player who’s clearly not in a great head space.

All in the same week another young player received death threats on social media for dropping a bomb. 

If you can’t see what’s wrong with that then the floors yours, I’m out.

Some pretty big darts you are throwing there Celtic.

Please point out where I said he was "deliberately throwing" the game. I said he wasnt trying (dogged it, didnt put in 100%). this is not speculation, I saw it with my own eyes. and YES exactly as I said, he is "clearly not in a great head space" that is my point.

So because a player received death threats on social media (which I didnt know), i shouldnt criticise a players effort? Seriously? If so Im glad luke brooks didnt play.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

no way was Douhie tanking he tried but simply put he is not good enough defensively never has been. 

Attacking wise he puts up some great bombs and runs some good lines at times much like wighton. 

He is not a 6 and neither can he defend at 6 as was shown the last 2 games. 

Will the club get rid of him probably not. Should he be dictating where he should be playing, absolutely not. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@tiger5150 what it means is the next time Brooks plays and has a shocker I expect fans to not say anything negative about the performance

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

Not sure how the club can look any of us in the eye with an expectation that we keep turning up.

And it’s time the playing group grow up and show the jersey and fans some respect.

It is getting harder and harder to follow modern rugby league players. Rather than demanding what position they play and getting their managers to constantly haggle for increased worth, maybe these self entitled spoilt brats should revert to old fashioned values of humility, hard work and the adage that success is earned not entitled.

As for the continuing Brooks debate. Yes, he is a poor organising half but I’ve never seen him give less than 100%. Madden tried last night. Doueihi I have no comment on. Anyone who doesn’t think Brooks would have been a superior defensive option last night has lost all objectivity in my opinion.

Brooks missed tackle stats are amongst the worst in the comp so it’s a massive reach to say he would have made a difference defensively last night.

Also I think it’s pretty poor form to throw a 24 year old under the bus after two poor games in his first season back after a second ACL injury.

Accusations and insinuations that he’s tanking are particularly unnecessary.

Not sure who you’re referring to but I definitely haven’t stated that Doueihi was tanking.

If you look around this forum and other Tigers forums and socials you’ll find plenty openly accusing Douehi of tanking and many others like yourself, implying he wasn’t giving 100%.

I’m concerned about Adam, I watched his interview from after the Newcastle game and he was visibly upset with the performance and the result and struggled to even get the words out. Contrary to reports he did shake hands with some of the Roosters players post match last night but he did head quickly up the tunnel.

For a young man coming back from his second potentially career ending injury I believe he needs the club, members and fans to get around him and give him the support he needs. He certainly doesn’t need vilification and accusations of throwing matches.

I don't think he was throwing the match, I think he is a strong runner of the ball, but is a poor defender and doesn't lift the game of the players around him. I think we need more form our 6 than someone that is a good ball runner.

Yeah, there are quite a few things he needs to work on.

Tiger5150 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

no way was Douhie tanking he tried but simply put he is not good enough defensively never has been. 

Attacking wise he puts up some great bombs and runs some good lines at times much like wighton. 

Will the club get rid of him probably not. Should he be dictating where he should be playing, absolutely not. 

I agree with you, I think the Roosters/Crichton just really exposed his defensive weaknesses better than other sides have since his return.

Defence is a combo of both technique and attitude, hopefully for Adam he can improve no matter where his career ends up.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Holy crap.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tiger5150 you need to go to specsavers buddy because he did shake hands. And for one I don’t blame him for not wanting to be on that field any longer.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I agree with you, I think the Roosters/Crichton just really exposed his defensive weaknesses better than other sides have since his return.

Defence is a combo of both technique and attitude, hopefully for Adam he can improve no matter where his career ends up.

Let’s just remember the whipping boy Brooks’ defence issues. People have to remember AD’s age and injuries aswell. But I do believe he has to address his deficiencies moving forward, but what is he 23 maybe?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 you need to go to specsavers buddy because he did shake hands. And for one I don’t blame him for not wanting to be on that field any longer.

Then you and I have very different definitions for leader.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Then you and I have very different definitions for leader.

We just had a cricket score put on us and our captain was sent off. I’m just glad he doesn’t stay on the field and pray with opposition players like some of our players have done previously. That really irks me!!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

On the positive after our game at the SCG we get to Bat this week against the Dragons 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 14
Share: