Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live game day thread Rd 24 v Dragons *Spoilera

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

For me the worst thing about yesterday was the treatment of the debutante Kitione Kautoga, brought on with 3 mins left in a tied match where we were struggling to gain momentum only for him to knock on which led to the winning penalty. It makes absolutely no sense.

This gross mismanagement has quite possibly ruined what should have been a special occasion for the kid with his family and friends present.

Sheens speaks a lot about junior development being the clubs future but if this is how we treat our promising youngsters would you blame any of them for running a mile when the first offer comes in from another club.

We have to do better than this.

It’s a photo finish between matamua and kautoga as to who had the worse debut. They are probably both outdone by cini’s second game last year. I agree though, sending him on in the final couple of minutes was a bit rough. Didn’t sheens do that in a finals game back in 2010-11 with groat or Murdoch masila?

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

I hope that money that we saved getting rid of noffa was worth it, as that decision meant we had to play a guy who does not even know the rules on the wing. That decision came back to bite us yesterday. But maybe we make a profit this year. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @kiwitiger

I hope that money that we saved getting rid of noffa was worth it, as that decision meant we had to play a guy who does not even know the rules on the wing. That decision came back to bite us yesterday. But maybe we make a profit this year. 

I think there may have been other reasons other than money.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

it’s a pity those other issues could not have been better managed/resolved in house. As a club we seem to reward poor behaviour.

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

We look like a team of circus midgets.

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

4-19 

4 from 23

17% win rate

🙄....

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @eastiemagpie
Posted by: @garry

it’s a pity those other issues could not have been better managed/resolved in house. As a club we seem to reward poor behaviour.

I think it was attempted many times.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

For me the worst thing about yesterday was the treatment of the debutante Kitione Kautoga, brought on with 3 mins left in a tied match where we were struggling to gain momentum only for him to knock on which led to the winning penalty. It makes absolutely no sense.

This gross mismanagement has quite possibly ruined what should have been a special occasion for the kid with his family and friends present.

Sheens speaks a lot about junior development being the clubs future but if this is how we treat our promising youngsters would you blame any of them for running a mile when the first offer comes in from another club.

100% agree. I had little time for Kimmorley as a player. I have less for him as a coach

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigersteve

100% agree. I had little time for Kimmorley as a player. I have less for him as a coach

I completely agree also.It’s hard to fathom what Noddy was thinking,and it wasn’t as if we were bullying or dominating them.The unfortunate outcome here is that it’s not the first time.Our bench rotation has been a shambles.We really do have to be better than this.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My concern is that Sheens used to have us shaking our heads with his use of bench sometimes... who knows what strings are being pulled?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: