Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0364

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @lorenzo

For better or for worse I also feel like we need the West Tigers to be Luai's team to manage and motivate, a Gutho personality may not work well with a Luai personality.

Exactly. Follow the successful Penrith way, not the unsuccessful Eels way. 

Tiger5150 and Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m with Eddie. Tommy Talau plays outside DCE. Garner plays outside Cleary. Blore outside Munster. You put any one of those halves in our team and I am sure our backs (Staines, toa, etc) look like superstars. Hopefully Luai is the answer…

Joel Helmes and Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Couldn't agree more re the conditioning issues raised above. That was one of the main triggers in the Bulldogs turnaround this year - we should absolutely be looking at them as a clear example of what can change over a single off season. 

I don't have much interest in Gutho unless he's on reduced $$ and as a centre. Which isn't going to happen. 

He's a below average fullback these days, and it'd be madness to pay him as a top level spine player. Let St George take him with their team of yesterday's men. 

I'm all for bringing in short term experienced players as a bridge to the kids, but only if they're paid accordingly and if they suit our roster. 

Agree on Gutho, the guy is a competitor with a great footy brain, would happily take him on Centre money playing center and as a back up FB but not on FB money playing FB. Bula started to show some real x factor just before he was injured so i hope we see more of that and more consistently next year.

For better or for worse I also feel like we need the West Tigers to be Luai's team to manage and motivate, a Gutho personality may not work well with a Luai personality.

There’s also Bateman and Doueihi currently in the squad who seem pretty forceful personalities too.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Couldn't agree more re the conditioning issues raised above. That was one of the main triggers in the Bulldogs turnaround this year - we should absolutely be looking at them as a clear example of what can change over a single off season. 

I don't have much interest in Gutho unless he's on reduced $$ and as a centre. Which isn't going to happen. 

He's a below average fullback these days, and it'd be madness to pay him as a top level spine player. Let St George take him with their team of yesterday's men. 

I'm all for bringing in short term experienced players as a bridge to the kids, but only if they're paid accordingly and if they suit our roster. 

Agree on Gutho, the guy is a competitor with a great footy brain, would happily take him on Centre money playing center and as a back up FB but not on FB money playing FB. Bula started to show some real x factor just before he was injured so i hope we see more of that and more consistently next year.

There’s also Bateman and Doueihi currently in the squad who seem pretty forceful personalities too.

His 4 rings should trump their over promising and under delivering.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: