Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0364

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Eddie, Nick, Steve, and Declan with the latest edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast. On the agenda; Gutherson, Bateman and the key recruitment moves this off-season. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0364/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Not a big Gutherson (the person) fan but I get the interest in him as an influential player. I do think that Brett Hodgson should be able to coach and develop Bula so we don't need Gutho for that but he would bring plenty to the club on a short term contract. 

Fitness and willingness to get fully fit should be the priority of everyone who wants to keep their spot in the 30 in 2025. 

Maybe our trainers/high performance people should go on an excursion to Melbourne and/or Penrith and see how they do things there. Everyone needs to improve, not just the players. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @tgrzmn

Not a big Gutherson (the person) fan but I get the interest in him as an influential player. I do think that Brett Hodgson should be able to coach and develop Bula so we don't need Gutho for that but he would bring plenty to the club on a short term contract. 

Fitness and willingness to get fully fit should be the priority of everyone who wants to keep their spot in the 30 in 2025. 

Maybe our trainers/high performance people should go on an excursion to Melbourne and/or Penrith and see how they do things there. Everyone needs to improve, not just the players. 

This has been on my mind a bit. I'm happy to accept Benji works hard while trying to get the balance right but does he (and his coaching team) go next level and immerse themselves in best practice around the sporting globe?? 🤔

Nick_Hayzee and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

You had me with the place needs to be run and led by individuals who set an example. This starts at the top etc. If the top is slack so will everyone underneath, they will only do what they need todo to keep their jobs not a single once of work more. If your leadership shows professionalism and it expects the same from everyone else then people will follow and be proud of what they do. 

Then you had to mention Gutherson. The guy is an absolute cat. If you want to win an Academy Award, he’s your guy, if you want to win a comp don’t let him anywhere near the club. You also forgot we have one of the best fullbacks ever, next year, to help Bula. His name is Brett Hodgson. Also don’t forget I think we still have Greg Inglis mentoring Bula. We don’t need the loser Gutherson. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @mike

You had me with the place needs to be run and led by individuals who set an example. This starts at the top etc. If the top is slack so will everyone underneath, they will only do what they need todo to keep their jobs not a single once of work more. If your leadership shows professionalism and it expects the same from everyone else then people will follow and be proud of what they do. 

Then you had to mention Gutherson. The guy is an absolute cat. If you want to win an Academy Award, he’s your guy, if you want to win a comp don’t let him anywhere near the club. You also forgot we have one of the best fullbacks ever, next year, to help Bula. His name is Brett Hodgson. Also don’t forget I think we still have Greg Inglis mentoring Bula. We don’t need the loser Gutherson. 

was about to press the thumbs up button but then you wrote a second paragraph lol

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tigersteve

was about to press the thumbs up button but then you wrote a second paragraph lol

The guy is an absolute tool. We don’t need fake leaders here. I would seriously reconsider my relationship with the club if they ever made a play for him. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @mike

The guy is an absolute tool. We don’t need fake leaders here. I would seriously reconsider my relationship with the club if they ever made a play for him. 

I see an awesome competitor. Would add alot imo. But only as a centre

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I see an awesome competitor. Would add alot imo. But only as a centre

I would rather lose with my integrity intact. The guy is a wanker of the first degree. 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I was thinking what a great pod listeining in my car heading to Kingscliff then i nearly went off the M1 when the boys wanting Gutho at our club though admitting he was broken down, i couldnt believe what i was hearing.  Apart from that a very good indepth Pod well done boys

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tgrzmn

This is my current hobby horse. I am mates with the Manly trainer/wrestling coach and he trained the trainer/wrestling coaches at Bulldogs & Penrith. He tells me they simply flog them, over and over all year. These guys arent sports scientists, they arent league guys, they are all Brazilians and its a totally different culture but I heard an interview with Luke Garner just before the finals and tellingly he made a point of saying that their training hadnt tapered at the end of the season, they are continuing to get flogged but critically he said that they love it. That is the difference.

A telling point, my mate at Manly thought it was hilarious when Benji went to Fiji mid season. Its a culture thing.

One point on the pod, when discussion fitness, I think it was Eddy that when comparing us with the Storm said words to the effect..."I know its the Storm and we cant compare our selves with them" but this infuriates me. Talent wise, $$$ wise, resource wise, coaching wise we might not be able to match it with Storm, Panthers, Roosters et al but there is absolutely no reason that we cant be as fit as any of them and we definitely need to be.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: