Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0362

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On the agenda - the Brett Hodgson appointment and we wrap up the 2024-25 Wests Tigers Fan Survey...which does get things a little spicy on the pod! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0362/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

In regards to Steve’s comment regarding the team having to make the 8 next year to keep the great young players coming through I agree but up to a point. And we will make the 8. But I think to also ensure we keep as many of these juniors as possible we need to make the connection between the club and the community greater especially in the Campbelltown/Macarthur region. Help them all understand how much of a lift a successful footy team would give to people living in that area, many of whom endure struggles and look for happiness or connection to ease burdens. A footy team will also struggle, unless you’re the Storm (don’t get me started) but overcoming obstacles is just one step towards success. Make that connection between the players, their families and their community and they will have a greater understanding of what it means to strive for success at this club. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I don’t think we need 2 more props, one more yes. I doubt very much RCG or NAS will be that prop as well but never know. If Bateman doesn’t return might need an edge. So an edge & prop would be the most likely additions imo. Madge has mentioned Hetherington staying at Broncs but I don’t think Madge has had a good look at their cap because something has to give and unless he’s resigned to losing one of the centres which is likely then they’ll have to look elsewhere to free up space. 

Teddy_S and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @russtutty63

I don’t think we need 2 more props, one more yes. I doubt very much RCG or NAS will be that prop as well but never know. If Bateman doesn’t return might need an edge. So an edge & prop would be the most likely additions imo. Madge has mentioned Hetherington staying at Broncs but I don’t think Madge has had a good look at their cap because something has to give and unless he’s resigned to losing one of the centres which is likely then they’ll have to look elsewhere to free up space. 

I agree. If a quality prop at the right price came up now we have to grab them. I don’t think we need two, nor do I think we have a genuine chance of finding the roster spot.

It would be nice if someone like Sullivan did a Fulton and took a one year deal in the UK.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

I agree. If a quality prop at the right price came up now we have to grab them. I don’t think we need two, nor do I think we have a genuine chance of finding the roster spot.

It would be nice if someone like Sullivan did a Fulton and took a one year deal in the UK.

I think we definitely need two. We have a lot of money, if we can somehow get rid of two players and get RCG and NAS, we become a top 8 chance overnight. Pole/RCG then NAS/Hunt is a great rotation.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I think we definitely need two. We have a lot of money, if we can somehow get rid of two players and get RCG and NAS, we become a top 8 chance overnight. Pole/RCG then NAS/Hunt is a great rotation.

Is NAS really a genuine option? My understanding is he’s staying put.

Teddy_S reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

I'm genuinely hoping the reason RCG hasn't been announced anywhere is because we have him and need to move someone on to fit him in.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

I'm genuinely hoping the reason RCG hasn't been announced anywhere is because we have him and need to move someone on to fit him in.

That would be good if true. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mike

I find it odd that he hasn't been announced by anyone yet.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

There’s some speculation online that he’s going back to Penrith.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Why wouldn't they have announced it?

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just having a quick look at what is available right now and from Nov 1st, not a great deal to be honest. Not a helluva lot in edge backrowers either. And what makes it more difficult is a few clubs will be in the market for them hence RCG commanding a bit of interest from several clubs. A couple of the Storm middles can talk to other clubs from Nov 1st, maybe have a crack there for 2026. Only other one that I'd be very interested in right now is Kaufusi at the Sharks but they've lost 2 now so doubt he'll make a move but never know.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

That makes sense to me as he'd have only a couple of good years left you'd think and he hasn't won a premiership so they'd be a decent chance again.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

That makes sense to me as he'd have only a couple of good years left you'd think and he hasn't won a premiership so they'd be a decent chance again.

Wasnt there bad blood when he left there last time?

It makes no sense that he hasnt announced where he is going and Garry's theory makes as much sense as any other. Ive suspected he was going to Bulldogs and they were wanting to punt JAC to free up the spot. Could be either.

What really doesnt make sense, is RCG walking away from 2 years on his big Contract at Parra without somewhere to land.

As a good mate told me when I was trying to make sense of my divorce....."A monkey will not jump out of a tree without a branch to land on..."

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

He had 2 years to go at Parra, reportedly he is seeking 3 years.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: