Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0361

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition of the pod we start looking at the results of our well-supported 2024-25 Wests Tigers Fan Survey.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0361/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Nick_Hayzee reacted
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

So good to hear the collective views of WT fans via the survey results. I am proudly one of the "every episode" listeners. 

Nick, I value your opinions and comments but I think you should stay away from the mathematical (specifically %) comments. 

The increase from 7000 members to 10000 members (ie + 3000) actually represents an almost 43% increase. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @tgrzmn

So good to hear the collective views of WT fans via the survey results. I am proudly one of the "every episode" listeners. 

Nick, I value your opinions and comments but I think you should stay away from the mathematical (specifically %) comments. 

The increase from 7000 members to 10000 members (ie + 3000) actually represents an almost 43% increase. 🤣 

That's why I said it mate, happy to provide inaccurate statistics for a laugh 🙃 

TGRZMN and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @nick_hayzee

I would believe that if it wasn't for your history of dodgy mathematics.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Just in regards to the question of whether or not Wests Tigers should do more to honour the Balmain & Wests Magpies heritage. I recall when Lee Matthews took the job at Brisbane Lions after they had run last one of the first things he did was address the gap between the old Fitzroy part of the club and the new Brisbane part. They've since gone on to be quite a successful and well run club. It wasn't the only thing he did but it was significant nevertheless. I'm not really into AFL but I just looked at the Lions' website and you can see they do a very good job at recognising their heritage and bringing the old and the new together. They even have a Historical Society set up where members are responsible for the safe keeping, repairing and maintenance of club memorabilia which they house in their museum (How good is that). I visited Concord once and a timeline on the wall showed the significant events in the history of Wests Tigers, including Balmain & Wests and one of the 4 Wests premierships was missing, well done guys. The Lions' Historical Society also holds events each year in Brisbane and Melbourne to recognise former players, coaches etc. Maybe the Wests Tigers should do nothing, I think they're quite good at that, but the opportunity to do it better is there. The club has a wonderful history, it can be neglected or embraced. 

This post was modified 3 days ago by Russtutty63

Skippa13 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Good point @russtutty63 

I think that a lot of the negative noise around the joint venture that comes from both sides is just another criticism that arises because of our lack of success. (apologies if this has been mentioned but I am yet to listen to the pod).

Become successful in our own right but also remember our history in a respectful, ACCURATE manner and stay classy.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @nick_hayzee

Attention to detail. 😉 

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Just in regards to the question of whether or not Wests Tigers should do more to honour the Balmain & Wests Magpies heritage. I recall when Lee Matthews took the job at Brisbane Lions after they had run last one of the first things he did was address the gap between the old Fitzroy part of the club and the new Brisbane part. They've since gone on to be quite a successful and well run club. It wasn't the only thing he did but it was significant nevertheless. I'm not really into AFL but I just looked at the Lions' website and you can see they do a very good job at recognising their heritage and bringing the old and the new together. They even have a Historical Society set up where members are responsible for the safe keeping, repairing and maintenance of club memorabilia which they house in their museum (How good is that). I visited Concord once and a timeline on the wall showed the significant events in the history of Wests Tigers, including Balmain & Wests and one of the 4 Wests premierships was missing, well done guys. The Lions' Historical Society also holds events each year in Brisbane and Melbourne to recognise former players, coaches etc. Maybe the Wests Tigers should do nothing, I think they're quite good at that, but the opportunity to do it better is there. The club has a wonderful history, it can be neglected or embraced. 

Just to add to this post I noticed last week that the Lions players wore Fitzroy jerseys at a training run which I thought was an interesting touch. And I just had a look at the Swans' website and it's a ripper, although they have greater resources than Wests Tigers our club could learn a lot from what the Swans have done.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Just to add to this post I noticed last week that the Lions players wore Fitzroy jerseys at a training run which I thought was an interesting touch. And I just had a look at the Swans' website and it's a ripper, although they have greater resources than Wests Tigers our club could learn a lot from what the Swans have done.

You mean in terms of honouring the South Melbourne history? What could we learn from them?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Re why aren’t more of us members.

I have followed the tigers since 1988, and I have never been a member. Looked into it a few times, but being from the country (now living in Brisbane) and not having a lot of $$$, the promise of a lanyard, bumper sticker and cheap tickets to Campbelltown never appealed to me. I can currently get the same enjoyment (or pain) as a non paying fan, so there would need to be some good marketing and value to a membership before I decide to sign up.

Nick_Hayzee, Tiger5150, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

You mean in terms of honouring the South Melbourne history? What could we learn from them?

I was referring to their website, perhaps you misunderstood the last line of my post. But I dare say we could also learn something about the way they honour their heritage as well although I haven't really looked at it in detail.  

This post was modified 1 day ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Great pod  as usual. Even if I don’t agree with @garry

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: