Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0348

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @weststigers_r1

Steve, you mentioned the club doesn’t support the players. How do you know that?

stop the negative talk. Follow the leader Richo. The club needs stability, not more coach changes.

I think I said that the club cannot provide an environment to support players to become their best. I think I provided a list of names evidencing this point. 

Re coach changes - I stated that Benji should not be sacked, that he needed support by way of experienced assistants

ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Nick, don’t be ridiculous in sacking Benji. That is more of the same. Hopefully Richo doesn’t follow your advice. If we were going to sack him it should have been on Richos day 1. 
When your players make under 10s mistakes you’ve got to fix the Roster, not the coach. These guys shouldn’t need to be coached basics. 
yeah Benji makes some questionable bench management decisions but we as punters don’t know the reasons.

we’ve had 50 coaches, got to fix the Roster!!!! Nobodies going to come if you keep switching coach!

I don't want Benji sacked, I hope it works out for him with a stronger roster next season. I was suggesting he was thrown in the deep end far too early and not supported properly by the previous management

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I just listed to BTR with Richo. He’s so good. Commonsense always. Sounds like he was hinting he’s got a deal in he works for a player. Hope it’s a good one.

I’m definitely keeping the faith. He’s not reactive, he has a plan.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Operation Richo has been activated 

The man is a pro

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tigersteve .

we don’t know the inner workings of the club. Obviously it’s hard when you keep losing and people will leave. We have to keep chipping away until we reach a critical mass of talent/experience and it will turn.

Takes time, Richo and Benji will get it done. The latest BTR reinforces that for me.

TigerSteve, Nick_Hayzee, Tiger Symmetry and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

@tigersteve .

we don’t know the inner workings of the club. Obviously it’s hard when you keep losing and people will leave. We have to keep chipping away until we reach a critical mass of talent/experience and it will turn.

Takes time, Richo and Benji will get it done. The latest BTR reinforces that for me.

A lot of fans, some of us included, want it both ways. We acknowledge the previous admin was pretty much totally inept and they just about destroyed the club. But then we forget how low we were and want an instant turnaround. It’s hard to ask for patience, but we have no other choice but to let Richardson do his thing and in particular work his way through a putrid player roster.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Yanni, Nick_Hayzee, Tiger Symmetry and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Further to that, remember that the first two years of Gould’s reign at both Penrith and the Bulldogs it was pretty bleak. It takes time to turn it around.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Nick_Hayzee, Mike, Tiger Symmetry and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@tigersteve .

We’ll get there mate, stick to the bloody plan for once & we’ll get there. Too many good kids coming through but that & all the other recruitment will take a bit of time, coming from such a low base. 

Yanni, Nick_Hayzee, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@russtutty63 yes stick to the plan.

If we do that, it will be something different to what we usually do, so hopefully we get a diff result.

At least next year if we win say 8 games it will be palatable… or am I asking too much.

😥 😥 😥

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@russtutty63 yes stick to the plan.

If we do that, it will be something different to what we usually do, so hopefully we get a diff result.

At least next year if we win say 8 games it will be palatable… or am I asking too much.

😥 😥 😥

Not at all - many games lost this year that we were in the mix with but fell short.

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I think I disagree with most regarding Utoikamanu. His decline started with his SOO debut. He got hammered in that match and was ineffective, dominated to the point he only got 14mins. They found out then he is not a SOO player and put a line through him. I don’t think he ever recovered from that poor performance. I was expecting him to come back from that all fired up ready to prove how good he was. Instead we got limp Utoikamanu, who just went into his shell. Utoikamanu became part of the problem at the Wests Tigers and not part of the solution. Glad he’s going to be honest he’s just taking up a roster spot for someone we need. He won’t be missed. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: