Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0346

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @boonboon

@garry Wasn't an attack just thought it was funny and understand its hard to get every moment right live on the pod. 

I thought Douehi was one of our better players on Saturday but understand he has weaknesses in his game especially defence at times and was poor v Sharks. However I think he is nrl level and mostly plays well - don't think that it is where our issues are. 

I'd have him as a starting centre with Olam next year with Star as backup. 

I think he has potential to be a great centre

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @boonboon

@garry Wasn't an attack just thought it was funny and understand its hard to get every moment right live on the pod. 

I thought Douehi was one of our better players on Saturday but understand he has weaknesses in his game especially defence at times and was poor v Sharks. However I think he is nrl level and mostly plays well - don't think that it is where our issues are. 

I'd have him as a starting centre with Olam next year with Star as backup. 

I think he has potential to be a great centre

(apologies if I'm repeating anything in the pod...have not had a chance to listen to it yet)

He just needs to watch the tape of that game against the raiders, ran straight and with intent, got us on the front foot in attack a number of times. This sideways rubbish he has reverted to is not going to work, especially when the only player that runs a line in support is samuela and even then you can tell he is way off script so it would be dumb luck getting a runner through.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

AD is an interesting case as he certainly is potentially a very good centre and his involvement in our try just before half time with the perfect catch and pass to his winger was crucial in that play becoming a try. He does acknowledge he is a senior player and carries that responsibility to lead but it manifests in him trying to win the game on his own at times rather than inspiring and engaging those around him. 

I also thought that there must have been an agreement not to mention Stef on the pod this week because it took to the last few minutes for his name to be mentioned. (Fight Club rule #1) 🤣 🤣 

Nick is sounding pretty comfortable at the microphone these days. We'll done everyone and thanks for another great pod.

Nick_Hayzee and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tgrzmn

AD is an interesting case as he certainly is potentially a very good centre and his involvement in our try just before half time with the perfect catch and pass to his winger was crucial in that play becoming a try. He does acknowledge he is a senior player and carries that responsibility to lead but it manifests in him trying to win the game on his own at times rather than inspiring and engaging those around him. 

Good summary of AD IMO. I back Garrys opinion of AD on the pod. I agree he could be a fantastic centre but I dont think his ego will let him get out of his own way and "just" be a centre. His first two games that is pretty much what he did, just ran straight and simplified his game, probably because he wasnt as confident. Now he is confident he seems to be reverting to old AD running around sideways and screwing our attack and then bleeding in defence.

I hope for his sake and for the sake of the team he can swallow his pride and ego and simplify his game into a classic centre game (with an extra kicking option).

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

AD has a lot of skills (in attack) but his ego will limit him ever reaching his potential. He's a very selfish player that doesn't have a team first mentality. His defence also isn't up to 1st grade level.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger5150

Good summary of AD IMO. I back Garrys opinion of AD on the pod. I agree he could be a fantastic centre but I dont think his ego will let him get out of his own way and "just" be a centre. His first two games that is pretty much what he did, just ran straight and simplified his game, probably because he wasnt as confident. Now he is confident he seems to be reverting to old AD running around sideways and screwing our attack and then bleeding in defence.

I hope for his sake and for the sake of the team he can swallow his pride and ego and simplify his game into a classic centre game (with an extra kicking option).

Don't say that on Facebook.

ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Derek's comments left me quivering in a glass case of emotion

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Of course not, Im not stupid........but Im right behind you....well behind you.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Of course not, Im not stupid........but Im right behind you....well behind you.

Yeah I am the stupid one putting his opinions out in the public domain lol

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: