Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0346

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast, Joel Helmes is joined by Garry Watson and Nick Hayes for a full review of the 42-28 loss to the Bunnies in Gosford.

Aside from a healthy array of very diverse 'One Word' submissions from the Wests Tigers Podcast Forum, some of the main talking points included:

• The impressive performance of Tallyn Da Silva
  • Do we stick with Luke Laulilii in the NRL side, or give him some NSW Cup time?
  • The continued struggle of some of the team's experienced players
  • The use of the bench this year, and this game
  • Are the Wests Tigers on the up? 

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0346/

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0346

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Nick_Hayzee reacted
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

First word that came into my head… The game made me sad….

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

1. I have to smile sometimes when listening to Garry. He obviously has a terrific knowledge of footy (don’t get a big head now) and he makes some great points, so much so I now have a new nickname for our big bearded hopalong friend, “coach”. There’s a closet coach there, actually not that closeted. I now christen Garry “Coach Garry”. Nick is obviously the assistant just waiting for the coach to move on and then he’ll pounce. Joel is the main sponsor wondering what the hell he’s getting for his money & time. Steve is the CEO working in the background & chiming in every now & then with some wise words on the football & admin side of things. Eddie is a Board member, so bored with losing he’s lost all interest right now. Declan is sitting in the Latchem Robinson Stand patiently waiting for the next game at Leichhardt. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @russtutty63

Coach Garry

Coach Hoppy… lol

Garry and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

1. One word for this podcast is ‘dejavu’

Nothing against all you guys and gals on there ‘BUT’ I can’t see the way forward. We talk and chat about the same thing this team needs year in year out. Nothing changes but a few rooster positions. 
We harp on about Jerome coming over and Api’s cousin (sounds like a sleepover)But we were doing the same over Klemmer Bateman and Ice. The team/club has too many issues to deal with to solve. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Just listening and Gary's Adam Douehi rant and he said I don't remember Douehi passing the ball more then once. 

Checked the stats - Doeuhi passed 18 times - more then anyone outside the halves or hooker. 

Mike and Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

1. I have to smile sometimes when listening to Garry. He obviously has a terrific knowledge of footy (don’t get a big head now) and he makes some great points, so much so I now have a new nickname for our big bearded hopalong friend, “coach”. There’s a closet coach there, actually not that closeted. I now christen Garry “Coach Garry”. Nick is obviously the assistant just waiting for the coach to move on and then he’ll pounce. Joel is the main sponsor wondering what the hell he’s getting for his money & time. Steve is the CEO working in the background & chiming in every now & then with some wise words on the football & admin side of things. Eddie is a Board member, so bored with losing he’s lost all interest right now. Declan is sitting in the Latchem Robinson Stand patiently waiting for the next game at Leichhardt. 

🤣🤣🤣

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @boonboon

Just listening and Gary's Adam Douehi rant and he said I don't remember Douehi passing the ball more then once. 

Checked the stats - Doeuhi passed 18 times - more then anyone outside the halves or hooker. 

I think I’ve posted this before but a lot of our judgement can be bias because of our subjective nature when looking at games. We will have opinions then look for those opinions to be validated instead of looking at it with an open mind. It can simply be a subconscious thing we do. We’ll try, as much as possible, to not look for proof we’re correct but it’s really only natural that we do as we don’t want to be wrong. I don’t know if Coach Hoppy is right or wrong but AD can certainly be a little lazy sometimes. 

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

AD is obviously a mentally tough individual, to overcome the 3 ACLs and get back to playing some good (and not so good) footy attests to that. Effort shouldn’t be questioned yet he has moments where he could be better, just not giving up on a play, chasing etc. If I am Benji (can see it now, coach Tutty) I’m telling AD I want him to lead those younger blokes on that left edge, lead them through his actions more than anything. Make this his most important role, let him know how important it is to do this, empower him in a way it becomes important to him to do it well.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

That is because he played hooker while Talyn was in the HIA and Sezer was sinbinned, that inflates the passing stats.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @garry

That is because he played hooker while Talyn was in the HIA and Sezer was sinbinned, that inflates the passing stats.

I didn’t even notice that so it’s a good point. How did he go? Just kidding. 

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Looking at AD passing ratio his 4 games back would suggest could be better although 2 of these games his passing-receipts ratio better than right side centre. Of course picking the right moment to run or pass could be an issue but there could be reasons for that. Not having played a long time, played less than a full season in the centres in his career, 6 games in a row his longest stint at centre, and building combos with the younger guys in the team as well as maybe trying too hard to make a difference. Coach Hoppy is 100% correct in his assertion there is a very talented player there and he just wants to see him reach his full potential hence the criticism but perhaps we need to see him play this season out just to get him time out there. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Looking at AD passing ratio his 4 games back would suggest could be better although 2 of these games his passing-receipts ratio better than right side centre. Of course picking the right moment to run or pass could be an issue but there could be reasons for that. Not having played a long time, played less than a full season in the centres in his career, 6 games in a row his longest stint at centre, and building combos with the younger guys in the team as well as maybe trying too hard to make a difference. Coach Hoppy is 100% correct in his assertion there is a very talented player there and he just wants to see him reach his full potential hence the criticism but perhaps we need to see him play this season out just to get him time out there. 

Although a lack of time away from the game shouldn’t effect effort plays and that’s where we all hope he can improve upon. 

ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

@garry Wasn't an attack just thought it was funny and understand its hard to get every moment right live on the pod. 

I thought Douehi was one of our better players on Saturday but understand he has weaknesses in his game especially defence at times and was poor v Sharks. However I think he is nrl level and mostly plays well - don't think that it is where our issues are. 

I'd have him as a starting centre with Olam next year with Star as backup. 

Garry and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Main sponsor but no fedora or Ferrari 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: