Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0344

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

It was a dark night for the Wests Tigers in the Shire on Friday night, but Steve and I still managed to have a laugh and find some not-so-negative things to discuss about our club. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0344/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@Anonymous 79)

I said for an absolute age that the club has not taken the nrl on when it’s come to the officiating with us. Going back to Jason Taylor days is when it started, and no coach since has had the balls to call them out‼️ It’s got to criminal stakes now and doesn’t look like improving 🤷‍♂️

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

After we toweled them up at home, the sharks would have penciled this round in. It was a carbon copy of the cowboys last year. They would have been desperate for revenge (and you could see that by the way they started) and we didn't turn up. It should have been obvious and the team should have been ready. 

Most fans would have seen this coming. So predictable.  

Big opportunity for a few players to step up in today's NSW cup game. If Starford has a decent game, you would think he replaces Faataape. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @chook

After we toweled them up at home, the sharks would have penciled this round in. It was a carbon copy of the cowboys last year. They would have been desperate for revenge (and you could see that by the way they started) and we didn't turn up. It should have been obvious and the team should have been ready. 

Big opportunity for a few players to step up in today's NSW cup game. If Starford has a decent game, you would think he replaces Faataape. 

I would be putting toa in over AD.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @chook

I would be putting toa in over AD.

yup I think Adam either needs a week off or reserve grade. I’d also seriously consider putting Galvinin the centres aswell. Time for Bud Sezer again

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

IMG 5910

Well this could be viewed as a sign 🤷‍♂️

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I was feeling some trepidation about listening to the podcasts this week but relented because, well, I just can’t help myself sometimes. But Joel & Steve congrats on what I think is up there with the best podcasts of the year. Age and wisdom have shone its beautiful, but dimming, light upon the Wests Tigers. And Steve’s comments re the merger at the end was the topper. Looking forward to the train trip up to the Central Coast for the next game with some positivity now, not too much of course. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

I was feeling some trepidation about listening to the podcasts this week but relented because, well, I just can’t help myself sometimes. But Joel & Steve congrats on what I think is up there with the best podcasts of the year. Age and wisdom have shone its beautiful, but dimming, light upon the Wests Tigers. And Steve’s comments re the merger at the end was the topper. Looking forward to the train trip up to the Central Coast for the next game with some positivity now, not too much of course. 

thanks mate

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigersteve

thanks mate

We’ll get there, we’ll get there. I don’t mean “there” as where we all end up although we’ll obviously get there too but the Tigers have some terrific young players coming through, a couple of stars in Sam & Lachie in particular. And you can see what a very good half can add to a team so hopefully Luai will love leading these fellas around and demand from them what we need. Last week was hard to take but as you guys said it was probably the first where the whole team performed poorly with perhaps one or two exceptions. The next few games will tell us more especially the home games where we’ve done ok. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Interesting stat re our form at home, 3 from 6 at home (Leichhardt & C’town), 1 from 11 away from home. I probably shouldn’t have looked that up given the next 2 are away from home. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Interesting stat re our form at home, 3 from 6 at home (Leichhardt & C’town), 1 from 11 away from home. I probably shouldn’t have looked that up given the next 2 are away from home. 

A lot of things come down to timing in the NRL. For instance the Tigers are probably one of few teams who have played the Broncos at full strength. Despite the Storm being without some players they had Papenhuyzen return against the Tigers & we saw what he added to their attack.  The Tigers played a top 4 team last week away who were coming off 4 or so weeks of losses and needing to get back on track, they were desperate for a good win. They were being written off by many after the injury to Hynes. The next 2 games for the Tigers are away against teams who are, pretty much, in “must win” positions to have any hope of finals footy. The Tigers will, most likely, be without their most influential player, Api. Big test for the Tigers to show a reaction.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

A lot of things come down to timing in the NRL. For instance the Tigers are probably one of few teams who have played the Broncos at full strength. Despite the Storm being without some players they had Papenhuyzen return against the Tigers & we saw what he added to their attack.  The Tigers played a top 4 team last week away who were coming off 4 or so weeks of losses and needing to get back on track, they were desperate for a good win. They were being written off by many after the injury to Hynes. The next 2 games for the Tigers are away against teams who are, pretty much, in “must win” positions to have any hope of finals footy. The Tigers will, most likely, be without their most influential player, Api. Big test for the Tigers to show a reaction.

Was thinking so much about bloody footy forgot where I parked my car, had to check Google Maps. Talk about “dimming lights”. 

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Stay strong everybody, don’t worry about it. In Richo we trust, he knows what he’s doing. It’s going to take time. 
im battle hardened watching the magpies come last or there abouts since the early 80s all the way up to 2000 when the mighty wests tigers were formed.
The WestsTigers had some earlyish success mostly because of some generational players I believe such as benj, Farrah and the like. But the clubs foundations were always shaky. Richo will fix it for long term success.

you can’t expect much to change this year, although I’m the biggest sucker for hope. There’s always next year. I’m confident it will turn.

chins up. Things could be worse, you could always follow the Roosters for endless characterless wins.

How sweet are our Victories mate!!!

nothing like it. Go the Tigers!!!!

Joel Helmes, Mike, TigerSteve and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @weststigers_r1

Stay strong everybody, don’t worry about it. In Richo we trust, he knows what he’s doing. It’s going to take time. 
im battle hardened watching the magpies come last or there abouts since the early 80s all the way up to 2000 when the mighty wests tigers were formed.
The WestsTigers had some earlyish success mostly because of some generational players I believe such as benj, Farrah and the like. But the clubs foundations were always shaky. Richo will fix it for long term success.

you can’t expect much to change this year, although I’m the biggest sucker for hope. There’s always next year. I’m confident it will turn.

chins up. Things could be worse, you could always follow the Roosters for endless characterless wins.

I'm a big fan of Richo, he has runs on the board previously. But so far he hasn't set the world on fire. Grounds policy was a carbon copy of previous administrations and his much publicised UK trip has yielded nothing.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @weststigers_r1

I'm a big fan of Richo, he has runs on the board previously. But so far he hasn't set the world on fire. Grounds policy was a carbon copy of previous administrations and his much publicised UK trip has yielded nothing.

Yes, started well but last few months haven’t seen any significant off field growth/signs of significant change. Hopefully something is cooking that can bring us some happiness/hope.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: