Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0342

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Eddie and Steve take a look back at the Storm game and try to work out whether Wests Tigers are in fact on the right track. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0342/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

To clarify my outcoached comment. 

1) Faatape. Should never have been picked. He got brought down just before the line by Paps, I reckon Luke would have scored that comfortably. Sin bin through dumb play, that’s an 18 point turnaround. Not blaming Faatape, he’s not a winger and everyone except Marshall can see that.

2) Short drop outs. We have the worst record in the comp at these, I think we’re successful 9-10% of the time. Why do we give the ball back to the opposition in their red zone 90% of the time? It’s ridiculous.

3) interchange. Why play Mason for only a few minutes at the end? We’re playing with 16 men. Marshall has messed up the interchange badly all year.

Winnable game, poor coaching.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

To clarify my outcoached comment. 

1) Faatape. Should never have been picked. He got brought down just before the line by Paps, I reckon Luke would have scored that comfortably. Sin bin through dumb play, that’s an 18 point turnaround. Not blaming Faatape, he’s not a winger and everyone except Marshall can see that.

2) Short drop outs. We have the worst record in the comp at these, I think we’re successful 9-10% of the time. Why do we give the ball back to the opposition in their red zone 90% of the time? It’s ridiculous.

3) interchange. Why play Mason for only a few minutes at the end? We’re playing with 16 men. Marshall has messed up the interchange badly all year.

Winnable game, poor coaching.

yeah agree with all this Avo. My point was specifically around the game plan, which seemed to work.

Id have played Laulilli ahead of Faatape and don't get the use of the bench this year. Re drop outs (in fact any kicking situation) our execution is substandard and has been for a long long time

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@tigersteve oh absolutely, I was just clarifying my points because putting ‘outcoached’ is pretty vague from me.

i thought the guys actually played fairly well.

Tiger5150 and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Enjoyed the podcast,  first I've heard for ages after returning from a long trip to the UK. Some really good points on Pole - we need to lock him up, but an article on him today by the ABC gave me some confidence.  

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

"I love it here. If Tigers want me to stay here, I'd gladly stay, but I'll see about that when the time comes," Pole said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-10/fonua-pole-wests-tigers-nrl-underrated/104076518

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

"I love it here. If Tigers want me to stay here, I'd gladly stay, but I'll see about that when the time comes," Pole said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-07-10/fonua-pole-wests-tigers-nrl-underrated/104076518

I think we should just calm down about Fanua for now. This seriously is just going down the same lane as Stefano. Just let the guy play and a contract will work itself out. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @Anonymous

I think we should just calm down about Fanua for now. This seriously is just going down the same lane as Stefano. Just let the guy play and a contract will work itself out. 

he is in line for a decent contract given he is now a consistent and impactful forward with 50+ games experience. Doubt someone is going to give him a silly contract offer like Manly did for Josh Aloai but crazier things have happened. He would be in the top 17 of all NRL teams I would guess (though mostly off the bench for the top 8 teams).

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @Anonymous

For once, not hearing anything about re-signing Pole might actually be a good thing...

Mike and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Good podcast, I enjoyed Mike's word of squandered... which is exactly what was showing on the faces of the coaching staff late in the game.

Re Stefano, I don't agree that his aggression was a good thing - especially when he got into that scuffle! We had momentum and he cruelled it... guess what, another opportunity squandered! It was purely selfish, he put himself before the team. And he has a track record of not always pushing hard enough from the ruck area to cover the inside run.

Mike and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@barra "I love it here. If Tigers want me to stay here, I'd gladly stay, but I'll see about that when the time comes," Pole said. This was in an article today from the ABC.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

@barra "I love it here. If Tigers want me to stay here, I'd gladly stay, but I'll see about that when the time comes," Pole said. This was in an article today from the ABC.

Also, "coach Benji Marshall knows exactly what he's got on his hands."

I have faith in Benji as a communicator and Richo as an active cap administrator that we'd be on the front foot.

And Pole/manager would have been asked not to discuss his contract with the media.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@tigersteve showing his age. Forgot Australia went metric in 1974. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @mike

@tigersteve showing his age. Forgot Australia went metric in 1974. 

must have missed it lol

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: