Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0341

Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

TBH, the blind hatred and the boring golf jokes about Roosters really annoy me. Yes I understand the hate on a very superficial level.."They're rorting the cap........Nick is a bad golfer...blah blah blah".

Ive done a fair bit of work with the Roosters organisation and they are an unbelievably professional organisation, top to bottom. From licensed clubs, to real estate, property development, hospitality...at every stage that I have worked with them, there have been Roosters juniors involved, professionally, with a mentor, learning professionalism, life skills and business away from the football field. This is just in a very narrow field Ive seen.

Yeah yeah yeah....salary cap etc etc etc. We could only dream to have small percentage of the professionalism throughout all aspects of the organisation that the Roosters have. If I was a father of a young RL star, i would beg the roosters to take him and can only assume that it extends to all the higher levels as well.

My best mate is a high level Roosters sponsor and they treat him like a silkworm.

Roosters simply do EVERYTHING better than us, and most of the NRL and that is why they are dominant. Isnt it Steve that goes on about "attention to detail"? Roosters are the benchmark for attention to detail.

But does any of the above make it ok to rort the cap? I don't think so! Great to hide behind though!

ReplyQuote
Tiger Ex Maggie
(@tiger_ex_maggie)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tiger5150

Their cap doesn’t pass the pub test, not even close. It stinks. Their getout clause is people go there for unders. 
That can’t account for the level of the rort. The worst thing is in the media. Everybody knows it and they laugh and make a joke.

They’re probably on the books too!

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Junior Pathways

I know that last week's outing against the Roosters was by no means our finest hour but Garry, please don't take away from the very points we did actually score. At least twice on the pod you mentioned a scoreline if 40 to 4 and we did actually end up with 6. Not such a big deal but it may save us from the bottom if we have a win or a close loss this week. 

All up though another great footy chat and with 2 "games" and a quiz you might be looking for Larry Emdur or Grant Denyer to host in the coming weeks.

Thanks once again for your time, opinions and passion for all things Tigers!!! 

Tigers 24 - 18!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @barra

TBH, the blind hatred and the boring golf jokes about Roosters really annoy me. Yes I understand the hate on a very superficial level.."They're rorting the cap........Nick is a bad golfer...blah blah blah".

Ive done a fair bit of work with the Roosters organisation and they are an unbelievably professional organisation, top to bottom. From licensed clubs, to real estate, property development, hospitality...at every stage that I have worked with them, there have been Roosters juniors involved, professionally, with a mentor, learning professionalism, life skills and business away from the football field. This is just in a very narrow field Ive seen.

Yeah yeah yeah....salary cap etc etc etc. We could only dream to have small percentage of the professionalism throughout all aspects of the organisation that the Roosters have. If I was a father of a young RL star, i would beg the roosters to take him and can only assume that it extends to all the higher levels as well.

My best mate is a high level Roosters sponsor and they treat him like a silkworm.

Roosters simply do EVERYTHING better than us, and most of the NRL and that is why they are dominant. Isnt it Steve that goes on about "attention to detail"? Roosters are the benchmark for attention to detail.

But does any of the above make it ok to rort the cap? I don't think so! Great to hide behind though!

Genuine question, do you think they are doing something that is unavailable to other clubs?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tiger_ex_maggie

@tiger5150

Their cap doesn’t pass the pub test, not even close. It stinks. Their getout clause is people go there for unders. 
That can’t account for the level of the rort. The worst thing is in the media. Everybody knows it and they laugh and make a joke.

Same question (but Ill repeat it here because the quoting got screwed up in the previous).

Do you think that they are doing something that is unavailable to other clubs?

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @tiger_ex_maggie

@tiger5150

Same question (but Ill repeat it here because the quoting got screwed up in the previous).

Do you think that they are doing something that is unavailable to other clubs?

I believe the attraction of the Roosters is that they provide advice and connections to their players...especially the ones they want to keep or attract from other clubs. They have a decent percentage of ex players with Media gigs and other roles at the club...so they take care of their own. A few other clubs do this including the Broncos and the Storm. I still believe they are skating very close to the edge when it comes to the salary cap and I do believe the stories re politis and his overconfidence in his putting skills. The reality is they have set up a good system and Politis is the ring leader, we don't really have a Politis, the closest we get is Harry Triginboff and he has notoriously short arms and deep pockets. They also get more players into origin and the kangaroos as they all look like superstars with the quality of the players around them...so thats an extra $100k+ per year.

This post was modified 3 days ago by Lorenzo

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Posted by: @canberratiger

Posted by: @russtutty63

Steve, on the Roosters, “I find it hard to respect that club.” Not good enough mate, I abhor that club, I abhor the crap they come out with, “The Roosters Way”, the self righteous Robbo and his pressers, their ability to exploit the Cap, their supposed home ground & Politis & his influences. There’s even been talk of an Eora round to be played, guess where? Because they had an idea. Hello, we do have an indigenous round I think. They didn’t say anything about a Magic rd for the women, maybe that would’ve been a good idea eh? And is Robbo a good coach? Yes but by God he was set up to succeed from day 1, just go back and look at the squad he was given. Anyway, good Pod. 

On top of all of that, they provide nothing to the rest of the game by having next to no juniors. Politis is a scumbag and the sooner he is away from the game the better.

I don't understand why they aren't hated the way Manly used to be and still are by many 

I don’t think they’re hated like Manly were, or are they?, because they’re better at spinning it to look like they are the perfect model of an elite sporting organisation. Just don’t debate ethics with them. 

That is what I'm saying, I can't believe they aren't hated like Manly. I also feel like we are supposed to be in awe of them and really happy for them when they pull off a big signing. Like that Rugby player...I hope he flops over there and they lose more!

No argument they do everything better and are more professional. In my opinion, this extends to player contracts and creative salary cap management. Then they cry like squealing pigs when anyone questions them. Happy for you to have your opinion opposite to mine but I won't be changing my opinion of this club. 

An apology from me Steve.....hadnt listened to the pod before my mini rant of Rooster lovin'. Listening to the pod now and literally the first word you say is "Professional" in respect to the Roosters. Message to self....listen to the pod before ranting.

listening to the rest of the pod now....likely to be more apologies over the next hour or so...

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @tigersteve

Steve, on the Roosters, “I find it hard to respect that club.” Not good enough mate, I abhor that club, I abhor the crap they come out with, “The Roosters Way”, the self righteous Robbo and his pressers, their ability to exploit the Cap, their supposed home ground & Politis & his influences. There’s even been talk of an Eora round to be played, guess where? Because they had an idea. Hello, we do have an indigenous round I think. They didn’t say anything about a Magic rd for the women, maybe that would’ve been a good idea eh? And is Robbo a good coach? Yes but by God he was set up to succeed from day 1, just go back and look at the squad he was given. Anyway, good Pod. 

On top of all of that, they provide nothing to the rest of the game by having next to no juniors. Politis is a scumbag and the sooner he is away from the game the better.

I don't understand why they aren't hated the way Manly used to be and still are by many 

I don’t think they’re hated like Manly were, or are they?, because they’re better at spinning it to look like they are the perfect model of an elite sporting organisation. Just don’t debate ethics with them. 

That is what I'm saying, I can't believe they aren't hated like Manly. I also feel like we are supposed to be in awe of them and really happy for them when they pull off a big signing. Like that Rugby player...I hope he flops over there and they lose more!

No argument they do everything better and are more professional. In my opinion, this extends to player contracts and creative salary cap management. Then they cry like squealing pigs when anyone questions them. Happy for you to have your opinion opposite to mine but I won't be changing my opinion of this club. 

An apology from me Steve.....hadnt listened to the pod before my mini rant of Rooster lovin'. Listening to the pod now and literally the first word you say is "Professional" in respect to the Roosters. Message to self....listen to the pod before ranting.

listening to the rest of the pod now....likely to be more apologies over the next hour or so...

no worries at all. Happy to listen to all feedback lol. I will admit to not having a balanced perspective when it comes to the rorters. 👍

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @barra

Genuine question, do you think they are doing something that is unavailable to other clubs?

And my answer is, all clubs can cheat if they find a way…

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: