Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0341

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

It is time for another Mid-Week Edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast, tonight Eddie is joined by Steve and Garry to discuss all the latest news around the Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0341 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0341

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Nick_Hayzee reacted
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Big fan of that pod, well done boys! Great constructive footy talk, good level of banter. Picked it back up and charged it over the advantage line.

P.s. I love you Steve!

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@boonboon)
Junior Pathways

Can't believe it took the Bula hater a whole 30 minutes to attack him. How did you hold off so long. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Steve, on the Roosters, “I find it hard to respect that club.” Not good enough mate, I abhor that club, I abhor the crap they come out with, “The Roosters Way”, the self righteous Robbo and his pressers, their ability to exploit the Cap, their supposed home ground & Politis & his influences. There’s even been talk of an Eora round to be played, guess where? Because they had an idea. Hello, we do have an indigenous round I think. They didn’t say anything about a Magic rd for the women, maybe that would’ve been a good idea eh? And is Robbo a good coach? Yes but by God he was set up to succeed from day 1, just go back and look at the squad he was given. Anyway, good Pod. 

Joel Helmes, Tiger Ex Maggie, Barra and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

Steve, on the Roosters, “I find it hard to respect that club.” Not good enough mate, I abhor that club, I abhor the crap they come out with, “The Roosters Way”, the self righteous Robbo and his pressers, their ability to exploit the Cap, their supposed home ground & Politis & his influences. There’s even been talk of an Eora round to be played, guess where? Because they had an idea. Hello, we do have an indigenous round I think. They didn’t say anything about a Magic rd for the women, maybe that would’ve been a good idea eh? And is Robbo a good coach? Yes but by God he was set up to succeed from day 1, just go back and look at the squad he was given. Anyway, good Pod. 

On top of all of that, they provide nothing to the rest of the game by having next to no juniors. Politis is a scumbag and the sooner he is away from the game the better.

I don't understand why they aren't hated the way Manly used to be and still are by many 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @canberratiger

On top of all of that, they provide nothing to the rest of the game by having next to no juniors. Politis is a scumbag and the sooner he is away from the game the better.

I don't understand why they aren't hated the way Manly used to be and still are by many 

I don’t think they’re hated like Manly were, or are they?, because they’re better at spinning it to look like they are the perfect model of an elite sporting organisation. Just don’t debate ethics with them. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I don’t think they’re hated like Manly were, or are they?, because they’re better at spinning it to look like they are the perfect model of an elite sporting organisation. Just don’t debate ethics with them. 

That is what I'm saying, I can't believe they aren't hated like Manly. I also feel like we are supposed to be in awe of them and really happy for them when they pull off a big signing. Like that Rugby player...I hope he flops over there and they lose more!

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

we need to sit and have a beer together 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigersteve

we need to sit and have a beer together 

Only if you sing the Api song with me.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

That is what I'm saying, I can't believe they aren't hated like Manly. I also feel like we are supposed to be in awe of them and really happy for them when they pull off a big signing. Like that Rugby player...I hope he flops over there and they lose more!

TBH, the blind hatred and the boring golf jokes about Roosters really annoy me. Yes I understand the hate on a very superficial level.."They're rorting the cap........Nick is a bad golfer...blah blah blah".

Ive done a fair bit of work with the Roosters organisation and they are an unbelievably professional organisation, top to bottom. From licensed clubs, to real estate, property development, hospitality...at every stage that I have worked with them, there have been Roosters juniors involved, professionally, with a mentor, learning professionalism, life skills and business away from the football field. This is just in a very narrow field Ive seen.

Yeah yeah yeah....salary cap etc etc etc. We could only dream to have small percentage of the professionalism throughout all aspects of the organisation that the Roosters have. If I was a father of a young RL star, i would beg the roosters to take him and can only assume that it extends to all the higher levels as well.

My best mate is a high level Roosters sponsor and they treat him like a silkworm.

Roosters simply do EVERYTHING better than us, and most of the NRL and that is why they are dominant. Isnt it Steve that goes on about "attention to detail"? Roosters are the benchmark for attention to detail.

This post was modified 3 days ago 2 times by Tiger5150

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

TBH, the blind hatred and the boring golf jokes about Roosters really annoy me. Yes I understand the hate on a very superficial level.."They're rorting the cap........Nick is a bad golfer...blah blah blah".

Ive done a fair bit of work with the Roosters organisation and they are an unbelievably professional organisation, top to bottom. From licensed clubs, to real estate, property development, hospitality...at every stage that I have worked with them, there have been Roosters juniors involved, professionally, with a mentor, learning professionalism, life skills and business away from the football field. This is just in a very narrow field Ive seen.

Yeah yeah yeah....salary cap etc etc etc. We could only dream to have small percentage of the professionalism throughout all aspects of the organisation that the Roosters have. If I was a father of a young RL star, i would beg the roosters to take him and can only assume that it extends to all the higher levels as well.

My best mate is a high level Roosters sponsor and they treat him like a silkworm.

Roosters simply do EVERYTHING better than us, and most of the NRL and that is why they are dominant. Isnt it Steve that goes on about "attention to detail"? Roosters are the benchmark for attention to detail.

Fair enough, mate. But I cannot see how they can be that far ahead of everyone else in terms of professionalism that it demands that much loyalty when they have no juniors. Surely other teams would see what they do and be able to emulate it to a close degree. There has to be more going on regarding benefits to the players than just mentorship. 

I am in no way saying that you are full of it or anything like that by the way and as much as it pains me to say, I would try to get my son there too.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

No argument they do everything better and are more professional. In my opinion, this extends to player contracts and creative salary cap management. Then they cry like squealing pigs when anyone questions them. Happy for you to have your opinion opposite to mine but I won't be changing my opinion of this club. 

Barra, CanberraTiger, Tiger5150 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @boonboon

Can't believe it took the Bula hater a whole 30 minutes to attack him. How did you hold off so long. 

Not sure they said anything that was untrue though?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Fair enough, mate. But I cannot see how they can be that far ahead of everyone else in terms of professionalism that it demands that much loyalty when they have no juniors.

Roosters are proactive. They have scouts and people all over the country. Most of the Central Coast is basically Roosters juniors.

Surely other teams would see what they do and be able to emulate it to a close degree. There has to be more going on regarding benefits to the players than just mentorship. 

Its not "just mentorship". Ive had these "kids" (16-19yo) involved in business meetings, working professionally and after hours. It is genuinely life skills and business skill education. Im not sure who these kids are, whether they are the "next big thing" but the whole organisation is impressive. From what Ive seen Panthers have emulated sections of it with their licensed club development through the state.

Dont get me wrong, I understand that people dont like them because they are successful, mental gymnastics are required to imagine how they could be under the cap etc etc....I admire them.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Good points you’ve raised & I know they’re a very well run club. But there are still aspects of the way they conduct themselves I abhor & I think I raised a few in a previous post. I was going to ramble on in this post about privilege but I don’t want to spend any more time on them than I have to. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: