Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0240

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @russtutty63

Are the Wests Tigers forwards aggressive enough? Who out of the pack can hurt the opposition in defence? Just curious to see what people think.

We aren't playing through the middle enough this year, it is a big issue. Blore and Pole both hit pretty well in defence. 

Blore can but doesn’t play much. Given a good run of games it’d be interesting to see. I can’t recall Pole pulling off any crunching tackles but maybe I missed some. I just think we’re not as aggressive in defence as some other teams. Seem to toil okay but nothing special otherwise, to me anyway.

We don't play with aggression in any aspect of the game. As Steve would say we are missing that type A predator in the front row.

Yes, still a couple players short of threatening the top 5 or 6 of last few years. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Are the Wests Tigers forwards aggressive enough? Who out of the pack can hurt the opposition in defence? Just curious to see what people think.

We aren't playing through the middle enough this year, it is a big issue. Blore and Pole both hit pretty well in defence. 

Blore can but doesn’t play much. Given a good run of games it’d be interesting to see. I can’t recall Pole pulling off any crunching tackles but maybe I missed some. I just think we’re not as aggressive in defence as some other teams. Seem to toil okay but nothing special otherwise, to me anyway.

We don't play with aggression in any aspect of the game. As Steve would say we are missing that type A predator in the front row.

Do you know what the Jahream Bula contract situation is Garry?

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/11/07/new-season-starts-now/

Train and trial for '23 which suggests he's uncontracted for next year.

Very little faith that Pascoe & co can get Bula locked up on a long term deal.

Every game in the NRL we get a reminder of WT poor record with retention and recruitment. Last night Im watching Taniela Paseka rip in for Manly - he was pinched from under our noses.

Fair chance Bula plays NRL off the bench on Sunday if Ad is ruled out?

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I doubt very much both Staines and Laurie will be at the club and if that’s the case you’d hope whatever is being paid one of those guys could go to Bula, perhaps a 2 year deal. But if Bula has a manager, a smart one, he’d tell him to wait, play well and see what offers come in because a good, young fullback is not easy to find.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

I doubt very much both Staines and Laurie will be at the club and if that’s the case you’d hope whatever is being paid one of those guys could go to Bula, perhaps a 2 year deal. But if Bula has a manager, a smart one, he’d tell him to wait, play well and see what offers come in because a good, young fullback is not easy to find.

That is a pretty big gamble at his age when one injury can rule him out for the year and pretty much make any offers disappear

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

If only WT was a place that our young players would love to play for (and hang around to make it) rather than use it as a shop window to get a deal with a better club

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

That is a pretty big gamble at his age when one injury can rule him out for the year and pretty much make any offers disappear

That’d be something to consider for sure, probably would depend upon whether or not there has already been interest shown from other clubs, not necessarily offers but just some inquiries regarding his plans etc.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

That’d be something to consider for sure, probably would depend upon whether or not there has already been interest shown from other clubs, not necessarily offers but just some inquiries regarding his plans etc.

If we lose Bula, on top of Kautoga, all this "development club rhetoric rings a little hollow.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @tiger5150

If we lose Bula, on top of Kautoga, all this "development club rhetoric rings a little hollow.

For a club that is claims it’s putting faith in young players we don’t seem to have locked any up lock term. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: