Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0222

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

On this edition, Eddie, Steve, Declan, and Garry take a deep-dive into yesterday's big player swap with the Knights.  https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0222/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Who’ll be goalkicker? Doueihi, assuming he’s playing. Probably agree with Garry and go for Api as captain. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Backline might not look that good but Sheens made Elford & Whatuira look pretty good mainly because the spine was so good. He and Benji both know that so there’s no doubt in my mind they will offer big, big money for a half (and fullback probably). I’m sure the priority, after Api signing, was a half or 5/8. Sheens’ visit to the UK included meetings, probably Bateman was one but seeing as he would’ve prioritised a half you would guess he may well have talked to one whilst there. 

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @russtutty63

Who’ll be goalkicker? Doueihi, assuming he’s playing. Probably agree with Garry and go for Api as captain. 

My gut feel is Doueihi will be gone. I think it will be Brooks doing the kicking.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@avocadoontoast Maybe but surely Sheensy would keep him away from that if he’s going to have the added pressure of organising the team. I realise Sheensy puts his faith in these guys but just would be another thing to bash Brooks for if he’s not as good as hoped.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@russtutty63 I think it will be Brooksbecause he's the only one who can kick if AD is gone. Unless Sheens is looking to bring someone in who can kick.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Funny ol world eh…..

one minute Brooks is out the door and heading for merewether; next he’s our organising half, goal kicker and imo, potential captain (mainly because Sheens is invested in him).

He really has been given an opportunity here it would seem. Hope he takes it and plays the best footy of his career 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Sheens brought Prince into the Tigers after he’d brought him into the top grade at the Cowboys. Prince wasn’t setting the world on fire due to different circumstances but Sheens obviously sees something in the young footy player hence his desire to bring Prince to the club. I can see Sheens thinking the same about Brooks & possibly Moses who he probably had a bit to do with as a young player. Of course Moses has shown he can play good footy in the top grade already but he might like the idea of playing under Sheens & Benji who would like his attacking style of footy, similar to Prince in many ways. Sheens has said that the “main man” in the finals of 2005 for the Tigers was Prince.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I’m doing my best to convince myself the Tigers are after Moses.
If you are in Moses’ position right now ask yourself which of these coaches could give me the best opportunity of taking my game to another level? Brad Arthur, Cameron Ciraldo or Tim Sheens? 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigersteve

Funny ol world eh…..

one minute Brooks is out the door and heading for merewether; next he’s our organising half, goal kicker and imo, potential captain (mainly because Sheens is invested in him).

He really has been given an opportunity here it would seem. Hope he takes it and plays the best footy of his career 

Unfortunately he’s none of those, and if Sheens is trying to make him so we are in serious trouble. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

@russtutty63 or ask this: “at what club will Moses get the best opportunity to lead a team and develop into a leader of men - Parra, Dogs or Tigers?

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

@russtutty63 or ask this: “at what club will Moses get the best opportunity to lead a team and develop into a leader if men - Parra, Dogs or Tigers?

None, he’s not a man but a child. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @mike

Funny ol world eh…..

Unfortunately he’s none of those, and if Sheens is trying to make him so we are in serious trouble. 

I hope he takes the opportunity and goes really well. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Funny ol world eh…..

Until he mans up and apologises for his behaviour I hope he rots. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Funny ol world eh…..

Until he mans up and apologises for his behaviour I hope he rots. 

Moses or Brooks?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: