Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0204

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Unfortunately another post-loss edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast. We take a look at the good, the bad and the ugly from the Knights match. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0204/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

G’day everyone, I’ve just started listening to the poddy. Thanks Joel for the words for the supporters. Enjoyed the Ambush event too. On the way into the ground I stood behind a familiar face, Steve Noyce who was with his wife & friends. Still a very friendly gent too. Just felt good at that time, felt that this will hopefully be a good day for all of us. But I sensed during the warm-up we weren’t right into it, and I’m referring to us the supporters. There was very little cheering when the team came on for the warm-up which, to me, is always a sense that we were all a bit complacent to some degree. This is not to place blame anywhere, just to give an idea of what it felt like to me. Two teams low on the ladder with little to play for late in the season. So from feeling positive I became a little concerned. We all know what happened from then. I was actually near our bench players as they warmed up during the game & giving encouragement to them, “impact, impact!” was my mantra because we needed it badly that first half. Must say had to feel for Austin Dias not getting a run.  Will listen to rest of poddy now to hear your thoughts. Cheers

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just wondering if the club could do better in building up these games. I realise they did quite a bit for the Women in League rd itself which is great but I’m wondering if the build up between the two teams could’ve been better. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@russtutty63 The only build up is the club plays games we’re the supporters want to support the club simple as .. but a bit hard still for some to realise that after 20yrs!

This post was modified 2 years ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Have to mention I thought Daniel Saifiti & Brayley were very good for the Knights that 1st half. They were made to look better by our lack of line speed but Saifiti obviously enjoys playing us as he seems to do well most of the time. Barnett was leading the line speed by jumping offside quite often but he gets away with it so good luck to him. Not sure why we didn’t  have anyone doing the same for us. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Just stopped listening to get a coffee & friend messaged to tell me I got a mention. Ha, ha, this’ll be good…..I hope. Could be something about the weirdo giving us a hug at Ambush events. And, yes, Joel, Eddy & Declan are in my sights. Not sure what Eddy looks like so it could get embarrassing.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

By the way (yes, I’m on a roll) if it makes anyone feel better the first thing that greets me on my return home after a game like yesterday is daughter saying “you guys suck” & wife saying with a sadistic grin “loser”. Ahhhh, life is good.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Declan makes a very good point on poor game plan choices by our rookie coach 

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Last one today (I can hear the cheers already). In regards to The Ambush events I love attending for a few reasons but mainly this, and I told Steve this recently, I’ve supported Wests & Wests Tigers for over 50 years (yes, I look great for my age, somehow, ehem). During all that time I realised I’ve never become friends with other supporters who have the same love of the game & the club that I do. Probably a good thing for them to be honest. Anyway, I just want to share my love of the club with others & that’s why I attend. I’ve met a few people at the events & I hope to meet more, talk a little footy & maybe have a laugh. So get along & ask for Troy, I’ll be there with my son, Jack (poor bugga’s following in my footsteps) & I’ll give you a hug & we can talk footy for a bit.
P.S. We don’t have to hug if you don’t want to.

Joel Helmes, Skippa13, Frullens and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @russtutty63

Last one today (I can hear the cheers already). In regards to The Ambush events I love attending for a few reasons but mainly this, and I told Steve this recently, I’ve supported Wests & Wests Tigers for over 50 years (yes, I look great for my age, somehow, ehem). During all that time I realised I’ve never become friends with other supporters who have the same love of the game & the club that I do. Probably a good thing for them to be honest. Anyway, I just want to share my love of the club with others & that’s why I attend. I’ve met a few people at the events & I hope to meet more, talk a little footy & maybe have a laugh. So get along & ask for Troy, I’ll be there with my son, Jack (poor bugga’s following in my footsteps) & I’ll give you a hug & we can talk footy for a bit.
P.S. We don’t have to hug if you don’t want to.

Mate that there is the exact aim of what we are trying to achieve with the Ambush, the pod and this forum. 

The Ambush started by Steve contacting the club saying he felt disengaged from the club, Steve and I had become mates through sitting near each other at games. We are trying to build that connection on a larger scale, we feel by building that connection between fans it helps build that connection to the club. The big thing now for me is that I never attend games alone when my family pulls out if goung.

You are playing a large part of what we are building mate and it's great to have you at our events and to know we are all in this together. Thank you so much for your participation and for what you add to what we are trying to develop.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@russtutty63 great work Troy!!!! Love it!

Top 8 2023

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@garry Cheers Garry, wasn’t a great game unfortunately but enjoyed the Ambush event. See you at the next one.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@frullens Enjoy your comments on the Forum Frullens. If you get to the final Ambush hopefully we can catch up.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Another great pod, well done guys. Great to hear the Ambush event was well attended.

ReplyQuote
Share: