(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

spot on cost of $500k for Madden and Brooks supplement of 500k is the 1 million dollars, we are better keeping brooks

No we are not. He holds us back. Progress won’t be made until he is gone. 

Jock Madden is not progress.

Maybe not but Brooks certainly isn’t. 

Thats the whole point of the discussion. The discussion isnt whether Brooks is a good player.

Brooks is the status quo. Keeping Madden and getting rid of Brooks does not progress the status quo in any respect. Playing ability or cap money. In this scenario only, we are better off with the status quo.

Progress would be replacing Brooks & Madden with better. Go (not you, the club) and find better.

It’s a bit chicken and the egg though. Who would come here as half given the support for Brooks? I think Brooks needs to go first to show our hand. Certainly his contract should not be renewed. 

At this stage, Id be amazed if Brooks contract is renewed, however Madden is off contract in 3 months.

MickeyB and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Sheens error was not letting Brooks go last summer. If he had

- we'd know more about Madden and his ability at NRL level

- we'd have cap space for 2023

- AD would have knew where he stood by the time he returned from injury

- we might not have seen Hastings moved to lock

Hopefully it still happens. Best outcome for all parties

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb the club realised Madden was not nrl level 

if douhie had not been injured maybe brooks would have been released 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger realistically how much worse off would we have been if we had played Madden instead of Brooks.

For me their output has been fairly similar.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

@jedi-tiger realistically how much worse off would we have been if we had played Madden instead of Brooks.

For me their output has been fairly similar.

The problem is, if we had of released Brooks, by round 3 we would have had a Madden and Peachey halves combo. I can't give up on a season before it starts and that's what releasing Brooks would have been. 

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger Brooks is mike's better than Jock Madden, I don't see Newcastle rushing to sign Madden or Dolphins. Brooks defence alone is very good, yes he may not be the best halfback and down on confidence but fair dinkum he is the length of the flemington straight ahead of Jock Madden.

I can see the point of a Hastings douhie halves pairing or a Brooks douhie or a Brooks Hastings partnership but no way does Jock Madden get in the halves ahead of Brooks, douhie or Hastings when all are fit 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Nobody was calling for Brooks head in 2019. He was playing well. Then he was coached by a coach with a safety first, follow the plan or else, mistake free, grind first mantra. That clearly hasn’t worked with Brooks and despite what his detractors say, no one has emphatically stamped their name on the position. 

I would like to see what sheens/benji can get out of him. For me a Moses/Brooks combination would be exciting 

Jedi Tiger and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: