Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0160

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We have our say on the CEO going on a holiday while the club struggles through a dark period on this episode. There's also some signing rumors and we ask whether the Luke Brooks shift is an admission he's not the right man for us to have the Wests Tigers wheel. https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0160/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Frullens reacted
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Another good pods guys 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

(I’m paraphrasing) Steve said quoting Pascoe that this was the best time of year to go on leave from his perspective…

Doesn’t this show the exact problem! There is a disconnect between management and football. Our core business is to win football games. Everyone should be on deck during the season to ensure the coaches and players have everything they need to be successful on the field. Being on leave at this time shows how unimportant management thinks winning football games is, when in fact it’s the most important thing for the whole business. 

Snake and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @mike

(I’m paraphrasing) Steve said quoting Pascoe that this was the best time of year to go on leave from his perspective…

Doesn’t this show the exact problem! There is a disconnect between management and football. Our core business is to win football games. Everyone should be on deck during the season to ensure the coaches and players have everything they need to be successful on the field. Being on leave at this time shows how unimportant management thinks winning football games is, when in fact it’s the most important thing for the whole business. 

Hey Mike, I think it exemplifies there’s no ideal time in the football calendar to take an extended break

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Hey Mike, I think it exemplifies there’s no ideal time in the football calendar to take an extended break

Perhaps, but surely not when the core business is at it’s busiest operationally.

I just don’t understand how you can justify leave during the football season when core business is at its peak. It is certainly something I would not do.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Perhaps, but surely not when the core business is at it’s busiest operationally.

I just don’t understand how you can justify leave during the football season when core business is at its peak. It is certainly something I would not do.

Maybe the 4 weeks of the finals is the best time? 😂 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Maybe the 4 weeks of the finals is the best time? 😂 

Certainly for the last 10 years…

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I could be wrong here, but I thought the playing, coaching and admin staff of most clubs take leave around christmas/new year for about 2-3 weeks. This period may be be most ideal time for a CEO to take leave as not much  is happening. Then again our CEO is off for 5 weeks.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

I think if you’re the boss of a football club (like being a PM) what comes with that is the chance you might have to put the club (country) ahead of your wants and needs.

Ironically, the most damage that has been done by this poor choice has been to Pascoe himself.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Eastiemagpie and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Pascoe taking his holiday is a BAD look at this juncture! It’s the  perception of it . The club is doing it tough and real leadership dictates that you do not leave your post when things are most dire!!!

Everyone is entitled to a holiday sometimes we have to sacrifice when duty calls .. then again I come from a very different era where respect was earnt!

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Games like tonight v Parramatta are why we are Wests Tigers Supporters...

The Glamour teams  supporters have no idea how it feels..

Joel Helmes, Jedi Tiger, Frullens and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @geo-2

Games like tonight v Parramatta are why we are Wests Tigers Supporters...

The Glamour teams  supporters have no idea how it feels..

100%, the highs are much higher when you also suffer the lows.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Cqtiger
(@cqtiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @helmesy

I think if you’re the boss of a football club (like being a PM) what comes with that is the chance you might have to put the club (country) ahead of your wants and needs.

Ironically, the most damage that has been done by this poor choice has been to Pascoe himself.

And yet Knights CEO is holidaying in Hawaii amid Ponga’s contract stuff and Knights not going much better than us but all I hear is crickets.

ReplyQuote
Share: