Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0360

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

It is the Wests Tigers Podcast Award Night, put on your ball gown and join Eddie, Steve, Nick and Garry as they dish out their awards for the 2024 season.

The team also delve into the latest news from around the Wests Tigers including the Luke Brooks statement, the Royce Hunt retirement plans and the latest around John Bateman’s return to the Wests Tigers for season 2025.

The team will be back next week with our Wests Tigers Fan Survey, make sure you get your responses in for the recording of the Pod at Wests Tigers Fan Survey

Wests Tigers Podcast 0360 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0360

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m with you Gary. Spoonbowl wasn’t about coming 16th. It was trying to manufacture a bit of fun and enjoyment around the footy which has been depressing for decades. I was pleasantly surprised that after the game I didn’t give two hoots that we got pumped as it was a nothing game in the grand scheme of things. At least I had a bit of fun with mates in the lead up and wasn’t dreading the weekend for a change.

Nick_Hayzee and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @skippa13

I’m with you Gary. Spoonbowl wasn’t about coming 16th. It was trying to manufacture a bit of fun and enjoyment around the footy which has been depressing for decades. I was pleasantly surprised that after the game I didn’t give two hoots that we got pumped as it was a nothing game in the grand scheme of things. At least I had a bit of fun with mates in the lead up and wasn’t dreading the weekend for a change.

Shhhh, you will make grandpa Steve cranky.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Let's celebrate failure. I can think of many other ways to have some fun than swimming in the sea of mediocrity 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Thanks to @garry for my laugh out load moment…

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @mike

And Steve for “would need a lot of concrete” 😂😂😂

One complaint…how was I not “most optimistic” panelist??

And Declan stopped being so cranky and grumpy when he got a girlfriend 🤷‍♂️

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Nick_Hayzee and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @helmesy

too many body shape comments Joel 😂

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Im sure he is too busy yelling at clouds to notice.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Fat shaming is no longer socially acceptable Joel.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigersteve

Let's celebrate failure. I can think of many other ways to have some fun than swimming in the sea of mediocrity 

It wasn’t a celebration of failure, it was more about the theatre of it. It is, after all, entertainment. In my opinion sport is the modern day alternative to concerts, plays etc. It’s a soap opera, the barbaric ballet, a pantomime (heroes & villains) etc. With all the media surrounding elite sports it’s growing in terms of entertainment value especially as it appeals to all areas of society. Spoonbowl was just theatre, not all that entertaining for Tigers fans in the end but sometimes the ending disappoints. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

Posted by: @russtutty63

It wasn’t a celebration of failure, it was more about the theatre of it. It is, after all, entertainment. In my opinion sport is the modern day alternative to concerts, plays etc. It’s a soap opera, the barbaric ballet, a pantomime (heroes & villains) etc. With all the media surrounding elite sports it’s growing in terms of entertainment value especially as it appeals to all areas of society. Spoonbowl was just theatre, not all that entertaining for Tigers fans in the end but sometimes the ending disappoints. 

in theatre you laugh with the actors. At spoonbowl they were laughing at us. Each to their own I suppose 👍

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @russtutty63

in theatre you laugh with the actors. At spoonbowl they were laughing at us. Each to their own I suppose 👍

Oh it’s theatre alright and the Wests Tigers are a tragedy 🎭 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Haha, just finished the pod and if there was an award for Best quote of the year it would have to be given to Steve’s “more balanced than Kalyn Ponga travelling down Newcastle on a skateboard”. We could even call it the Ken Marmalade award.

TigerSteve and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Haha, just finished the pod and if there was an award for Best quote of the year it would have to be given to Steve’s “more balanced than Kalyn Ponga travelling down Newcastle on a skateboard”. We could even call it the Ken Marmalade award.

At least you aren't glorifying his statue quote.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

too many body shape comments Joel 😂

how about Eddie calling me "Stink"?

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: