Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0355

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

It’s time for an early edition of the Midweek Pod, with the Wests Tigers playing on Thursday night, the boys sat down to preview the upcoming game against Manly.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0355 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0355

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Nick_Hayzee reacted
(@Anonymous 79)

Think you’re a bit harsh on Woodsy Eddie… he can have his point of view, he’s in the media. 
Poor old Nick didn’t get his Goose of the week 🤷‍♂️

My Goose of the week … sorry Eddie Otto 😀

Btw guys you all need a holiday 

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

To back up my ‘Goose of the week’ I wouldn’t be paying Galvin $1M. I rate the guy to but with everything that’s gone on this year, no way. Easily upgrade to 550-600 👍

Nick_Hayzee and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @Anonymous

To back up my ‘Goose of the week’ I wouldn’t be paying Galvin $1M. I rate the guy to but with everything that’s gone on this year, no way. Easily upgrade to 550-600 👍

I agree with that to an extent. If he would accept an upgrade next year to around that $500,000 mark would still not put a great dent in what money we have available but I think as part of that I’d offer something like $1mill a season for the 3 years after it so we’d take other clubs out of the equation until at least the end of 2027. It’d give us a total of 5 years with him, approximately 100 games all up, but he could talk to others end of 2027 unless he extended. He’d be 23 at the end of that period & should be hitting his prime about then, a scary thought.  That’d give us time to improve, it’d be the end of Richo’s tenure and the club will be in a better place as all the development players grow & continue to come through. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

By paying your halves a total of 2.2 mill a season you’re not mortgaging your team. The Storm, Manly, Eels, Roosters etc spend about 3-3.5 million on their spine. It’s what you do around the spine that really matters. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Think you’re a bit harsh on Woodsy Eddie… he can have his point of view, he’s in the media. 

this was going to be my goose of the week...

20240820 225256

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I agree that we need a middle and an edge should Bateman not return which looks likely. By the way, this noise about Horsburgh maybe in $350,000 with Raiders putting in $400,000 I guess would offset the money we might have to pay Bateman to play elsewhere. But we need a middle anyway because we are light on there but I feel very positive about Tim Johannssen. What he’s done this year after quitting the game & having no preseason is impressive. He now seems settled & focused on his future. I think we’ve managed to pick up a good, young prop here. A little light but could easily put on a couple of kilos before next year without losing his leg speed & mobility which are very good.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

yep the pod is missing something (or someone) atm 😳🙄😂

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigersteve

Lucky Declan is back in the country so he can make his return mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tigersteve

Lucky Declan is back in the country so he can make his return mate.

who?

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Sharon is a traitor and needs to be called out at every opportunity. I actually despise the guy and what he did to the club. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Re: Galvin

I'd be offering him $850 for next 2 season and extend for another 3 at $1m 

We need to lock him up for next 5 years and build the club around him

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

“Api has dropped off a few tackles lately”. I just checked, api has missed 28 tackles in the past 4 weeks, including 11 last week. The poor bloke needs a rest or some support off the bench. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @skippa13

“Api has dropped off a few tackles lately”. I just checked, api has missed 28 tackles in the past 4 weeks, including 11 last week. The poor bloke needs a rest or some support off the bench. 

I only really look at wingers, centres and FB missed tackle stats, players in the middle not so much. Watch the way Api defends, he throws himself at the player and either knocks him down or slows him down. Bulldogs have the most missed tackles and they have the second best defense in the comp. My concern is when we focus too much on missed tackles players that don't even bother to make an effort and therefore not "miss" look like great defenders and it can encourage this type of behavior. Yes, I do agree that Api needs more support, however its not a week off or 20 mins off the field, its really our middles pulling their fingers out and hitting and sticking, he is running around like a crazy man in defense as he knows he needs to slow the attack down so our poor middle defenders can get their Sh** together. The middle goes completely to water once the opposing team get a fast play the ball.....its our most glaring problem in my opinion.

Barra and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Posted by: @skippa13

I only really look at wingers, centres and FB missed tackle stats, players in the middle not so much. Watch the way Api defends, he throws himself at the player and either knocks him down or slows him down. Bulldogs have the most missed tackles and they have the second best defense in the comp. My concern is when we focus too much on missed tackles players that don't even bother to make an effort and therefore not "miss" look like great defenders and it can encourage this type of behavior. Yes, I do agree that Api needs more support, however its not a week off or 20 mins off the field, its really our middles pulling their fingers out and hitting and sticking, he is running around like a crazy man in defense as he knows he needs to slow the attack down so our poor middle defenders can get their Sh** together. The middle goes completely to water once the opposing team get a fast play the ball.....its our most glaring problem in my opinion.

It’s a good point. I also think Api gets off the line much quicker than the rest of the middles especially as the game wears on & he’s trying to make a difference. It’s another reason I think we need to be more mobile & fitter, not just bigger especially someone who could play that 13 role. I think Ice is trying but he won’t be there next year obviously.

Mike and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: