Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0354

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

What more is there to say than it's a post-victory edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast!! https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0354/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Nick_Hayzee reacted
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

When “the big 3” were being offered contracts by the club & elsewhere I took to Twitter and suggested the club give Teddy what he wants, I even suggested $1.4 million at the time might keep him at the club. I wasn’t concerned about the others, just Teddy.  Some fans thought at that time it was ridiculous given the club had got themselves into the position they were in by already giving kids big contracts or so I was told. So here’s my question to you guys would you be ok if Richo went to Lachy’s manager & offered a $1million a season upgrade for the next 3 years. It might mean only one other player could be contracted, perhaps Williams or Kaufusi, I don’t know. What do u think?

Barra and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

In regard to Joel muting the fox commentary, remember when Foxtel had the option of cutting out the commentary and just had the stadium noise? I thought it was pointless then but would certainly use it now!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Nick, you’re going to like watching Tallyn develop for sure. And you’re going to love watching Jarod Haywood develop too. 

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Always good to hear a more upbeat podcast which comes after a win. That win did mean a lot and presents an opportunity for us to avoid spoon#3. 

Just like to correct the mathematics that was being quoted. To go from 4 wins to 5 wins is actually a 25% increase not 20% ..... even better. Still a chance to make it 50 or even 75% improvement and get that prophesied 3 in a row. 

I guess it's obvious a win makes you a little giddy with thoughts like that.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @canberratiger

In regard to Joel muting the fox commentary, remember when Foxtel had the option of cutting out the commentary and just had the stadium noise? I thought it was pointless then but would certainly use it now!

The crowd noise is what makes it special for me. As Nick alluded to the 05 semi final v Dragons, a night I’ll never forget because of the noise, the electricity in the stadium which is have no doubt made it special too for those watching the Tele.

Skippa13, CanberraTiger, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @russtutty63

The crowd noise is what makes it special for me. As Nick alluded to the 05 semi final v Dragons, a night I’ll never forget because of the noise, the electricity in the stadium which is have no doubt made it special too for those watching the Tele.

still thw best game I have ever been to that dragons semi final in 05

Skippa13 and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

still thw best game I have ever been to that dragons semi final in 05

100%

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I agree with Choppy saying the team needs to improve technique in defence but I’d also add to that a need to work on cardio. What I noticed about the Panthers & Storm game (arguably the 2 fittest teams with the Dogs not far behind) is they can play an up tempo game for 80 minutes. I look at our pack & see few who can do that. I like what I see of Johannsen in Cup, he seems to get around well, very mobile, Samuela too looks the type who will do that, maybe Twal but not many others. 

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

I agree with Choppy saying the team needs to improve technique in defence but I’d also add to that a need to work on cardio. What I noticed about the Panthers & Storm game (arguably the 2 fittest teams with the Dogs not far behind) is they can play an up tempo game for 80 minutes. I look at our pack & see few who can do that. I like what I see of Johannsen in Cup, he seems to get around well, very mobile, Samuela too looks the type who will do that, maybe Twal but not many others. 

I do think having Lachy & Luai in the halves will increase the speed in which we attack. Hopefully it will have an impact upon the defence as well.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Imagine if we had been able to manage to hold:

benji and Prince, into

Moses, brooks, teddy into

Luai, Galving Bula.

We have been in success a vicious cycle of mediocrity leading to the loss of talent leading to more mediocrity. Galvin is probably the best natural talent I have seen in our colours since Benji’s debut and we all know where this ends up.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Imagine if we had been able to manage to hold:

benji and Prince, into

Moses, brooks, teddy into

Luai, Galving Bula.

We have been in success a vicious cycle of mediocrity leading to the loss of talent leading to more mediocrity. Galvin is probably the best natural talent I have seen in our colours since Benji’s debut and we all know where this ends up.

Imagine having effective management.

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Galvin has been great for us this year, however people are talking about him like the second coming. He looks great because he competes and wants the ball in his hands, also seems to have more time, which is a hallmark of great players. Also when your baseline is Sezer and sullivan than yes he looks like a superstar. I'm keen to see how his game develops working with Luai. I'm not sold yet that we should mortgage the club to keep him. He has shown some class however still fades in and out of the game in attack, this is likely due to his inexperience, his kicking game is also a little ordinary. I also find that the players around him are not always in sync with what he is doing, this could be on them, or it could be on him not organising them. If Luai can straighten up the attack and steer the team on the field than this should open up Lachie's game, however he needs to understand that he will be playing second fiddle to Luai and should only be calling for the ball when there is something on, at times he overplays his hand and dies with the ball in our attacking 20. 

I am also still concerned that he has not committed longer term to the club, if we are heading in the right direction after the first 6 rounds of 25 and the club don't see any movement on his side to re-sign than I would be favoring Latu. My concern is that his manager has the club by the short and curlys right now and should be in a position to almost name his price and its likely we will cop it. However next year with Luai on-board and Latu continuing to develop, paying ridiculous money may not be as compelling. Moses is a snake and I'm sure he has a verbal deal already struck with another club, Lachie may not even know about it yet.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @lorenzo

Galvin has been great for us this year, however people are talking about him like the second coming. He looks great because he competes and wants the ball in his hands, also seems to have more time, which is a hallmark of great players. Also when your baseline is Sezer and sullivan than yes he looks like a superstar. I'm keen to see how his game develops working with Luai. I'm not sold yet that we should mortgage the club to keep him. He has shown some class however still fades in and out of the game in attack, this is likely due to his inexperience, his kicking game is also a little ordinary. I also find that the players around him are not always in sync with what he is doing, this could be on them, or it could be on him not organising them. If Luai can straighten up the attack and steer the team on the field than this should open up Lachie's game, however he needs to understand that he will be playing second fiddle to Luai and should only be calling for the ball when there is something on, at times he overplays his hand and dies with the ball in our attacking 20. 

I am also still concerned that he has not committed longer term to the club, if we are heading in the right direction after the first 6 rounds of 25 and the club don't see any movement on his side to re-sign than I would be favoring Latu. My concern is that his manager has the club by the short and curlys right now and should be in a position to almost name his price and its likely we will cop it. However next year with Luai on-board and Latu continuing to develop, paying ridiculous money may not be as compelling. Moses is a snake and I'm sure he has a verbal deal already struck with another club, Lachie may not even know about it yet.

Amen. Good post. I thought I was the only one who thought Galvin was good but has plenty to work on. I wouldn’t want to lose him but I wouldn’t be throwing $1.4m at him like I would with Cleary.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I would say the biggest area Galvin needs to work on is his defence and long kicking game. His run/fend, pass selection and short kicking game are spot on. 

Nick_Hayzee and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: