Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0351

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

As Garry Watson pulls some double time, he is joined by Nick Hayes for the Midweek Episode of the Wests Tigers Podcast where the boys discuss the latest news from the Wests Tigers and the upcoming game against the Knights.

Wests Tigers Podcast 0351 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0351

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Nick_Hayzee reacted
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Highlights:

• AD/eddie comparison 
  • CEO Nick putting Coach Gary in his place
  •  

Lowlights

• Nick sharing our win percentage since the pod started (28%). To be honest, I thought it could be worse when you consider the 6-8 game losing streaks we’ve racked up.

My two cents re the shredder

• Every team has (and needs) players like Staines, faatape, Twal, seyfarth that are low cost and work hard without the flair. The difference is that they also have a couple of game breaking superstars which we don’t. Our 2005 team was no different. check out the benches for the dragons, dogs, etc. What we need to focus on is clearing the poor contracts (Sullivan, Bateman) and replace them with a game breaker. Easier said then done, but spending time worrying about these other guys isn’t productive.

Good pod lads.

Tiger5150, Mike, Nick_Hayzee and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I know we have hardly seen him play, but could Tim Johansson play 13 next year? Obvious question mark would be if he could ball play.. 

Looks to have decent speed, build and motor. Not overly big. 

Or do people see pushing for that prop rotation position? I think in the behind the roar he mentioned the lack of prep, in which he was trying to put on weight (did look a little lightweight when compared to Klemmer and Stef).. i guess full pre-season in the gym and diet he could increase his size.. 

So 13 (or 13 back-up) or prop rotation? Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

So if I’m Olam does that mean I get the rest of the year off and come back fit and refreshed in 25??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

After hearing this pod I do believe, that all fanatical wests tigers supporters need a year long holiday on a deserted island. Or need to go visit their Psychologist and Nick your up first 😬🤣😂

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @helmesy

So if I’m Olam does that mean I get the rest of the year off and come back fit and refreshed in 25??

At least you aren't AD.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @chook

I know we have hardly seen him play, but could Tim Johansson play 13 next year? Obvious question mark would be if he could ball play.. 

Looks to have decent speed, build and motor. Not overly big. 

Or do people see pushing for that prop rotation position? I think in the behind the roar he mentioned the lack of prep, in which he was trying to put on weight (did look a little lightweight when compared to Klemmer and Stef).. i guess full pre-season in the gym and diet he could increase his size.. 

So 13 (or 13 back-up) or prop rotation? Thoughts?

He’s 196 cm (6’ 5”) & 98kg… Is that not ‘big’ anymore? Played prop along with his younger brother. I personally would like to see the both of them as our future props but who knows. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

No…

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Surely if we sponsor Olam through his surgery and recovery and he doesn't get back to full fitness then he will have to make the decision to retire, that is of we are unable to medically retire him.

Having said that I am hoping he comes good because we are struggling to replace him week to week as it is.

Richo (Nick) got pretty tough with Benji (Garry) during that pod. I hope their relationship In real life is more harmonious that that. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

The resigning of Sione F is a priority. He said in the BTR interview that he was motivated by his 2 brothers coming to WT to get fitter and improve his game. Family is king for them, I think its a secret weapon.

Imagine if Latu was to play lock we could have a pack with all 3 Fainu bros in it. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Great pod guys. I think the correlation between Garry and Api is pretty apt. Both look exhausted and missing opportunities by the end of the time.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)

boys, i love this pod normally, Nick you have some really good insight normally, but you trying to constantly be funny was a punish for me ..please just stick to the normal pod and dont try and be funny, it was a hard listen..

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @davey-farrell

boys, i love this pod normally, Nick you have some really good insight normally, but you trying to constantly be funny was a punish for me ..please just stick to the normal pod and dont try and be funny, it was a hard listen..

Hi mate, just trying to lighten it up a bit. Pretty hard for any of the boys at the moment to talk about loss after loss. I think we are all looking forward to getting through the next few weeks and I know I'm hoping for some Richo magic in the coming months to give us some new hope

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @nick_hayzee

Hi mate, just trying to lighten it up a bit. Pretty hard for any of the boys at the moment to talk about loss after loss. I think we are all looking forward to getting through the next few weeks and I know I'm hoping for some Richo magic in the coming months to give us some new hope

You just aren't as funny as I am.

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @nick_hayzee

You just aren't as funny as I am.

You'd be even funnier if it were television 🙃 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: