Wests Tigers Podcas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast 0133

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Latest edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast is ready to go.

The Koroisau signing and Tim Sheens recent interview with Phil Rothfield are on the agenda.

There’s also highlights from our forum discussions discussed and the boys try to determine who was the most polarising Wests Tigers player.

https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0133/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

CanberraTiger, Kenny4517, TigerSteve and 2 people reacted
Enumerator
(@enumerator)
Junior Pathways

Love your work Gents,

Thx for putting this together.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @spartan117

Love your work Gents,

Thx for putting this together.

Thank you 🙏 

ReplyQuote
(@davey-farrell)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Thanks boys for another great podcast, look forward to the next one in a few weeks!!  On side note cannot believe the rubbish Tigerbalm is going on about in the Forum.  All of you boys go out of your way in private time after working so I for one appreciate all your opinions and topics on every forum.  Ps Is their still a chance Justin Pascoe may be appearing on a Podcast ?

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @davey-farrell

Thanks boys for another great podcast, look forward to the next one in a few weeks!!  On side note cannot believe the rubbish Tigerbalm is going on about in the Forum.  All of you boys go out of your way in private time after working so I for one appreciate all your opinions and topics on every forum.  Ps Is their still a chance Justin Pascoe may be appearing on a Podcast ?

Thanks Davey. Eddie is communicating with the club at the moment so hopefully soon!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Great job on the podcast guys....well done

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Thanks guys for another great podcast, any chance of getting Tim Sheens on for a chat mid year??

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kenny4517

Thanks guys for another great podcast, any chance of getting Tim Sheens on for a chat mid year??

Hopefully we can get a few interviews in 2022, we’re working on it.

Kenny4517 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Great podcast as always

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

@kenny4517 you got a mention as well mate.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Another great pod guys!

Thank you for all your efforts this year - really look forward to the pod every time in pops into my feed.

Regarding captain round 1 - I think I've been talked into Twal. He's the most senior long-term tigers player, very consistent, sets a great example and is in our top 17m

Start Twal in prop with the Ute.

If Tamou is in the 17 bring him off the bench

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @frullens

Another great pod guys!

Thank you for all your efforts this year - really look forward to the pod every time in pops into my feed.

Regarding captain round 1 - I think I've been talked into Twal. He's the most senior long-term tigers player, very consistent, sets a great example and is in our top 17m

Start Twal in prop with the Ute.

If Tamou is in the 17 bring him off the bench

So I managed to convince you lol

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@garry it's more a case of last man standing.

Leadership is a big issue.

I'd be getting together the next generation leadership group and really putting in some resources to get them ready as our future leaders.

AD, Hastings, Laurie, Blore and the Ute 

Top 8 2023

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Really enjoying the podcasts guys, particulary during the offseason when we have no footy!

The chat about the captaincy was very interesting. The club is so short on experience which makes it really difficult to find a candidate. Of those mentioned:

Tamou, Brooks and Twal - all appear to be very quiet especially on the field. My idea of a captain is someone who not only can lead by example on the field but also communicate messages to other players

Hastings  ticks the box for communication but I am not sure if he has the respect of the playing group. He's only just joined the club and with his list of prior misdemeamours he has to earn his stripes.

I actually really liked the Blore as captain proposal. I think WT fans have under estimated Blore significantly.

He joined WT in May 2020

With no footy under his belt for more than 12 months (coming off an ACL) he took it to Nathan Brown against the Eels in a Rd 11 debut.

Prior to that he has been part of the NSW emerging blues since 2018 when he was the youngest player picked (along with Stefano)

He's led teams throughout junior footy

removed link

He would have been starting on an edge for us in 2021 but for a wrist injury that ruled him out for 10 weeks to start the season. He then missed 3 games to an ankle injury.

It would be a big call for a guy who has played 18 NRL games but Blore is a very very good player and to reverse the clubs fortunes we might need to take a risk.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @mickb

Really enjoying the podcasts guys, particulary during the offseason when we have no footy!

The chat about the captaincy was very interesting. The club is so short on experience which makes it really difficult to find a candidate. Of those mentioned:

Tamou, Brooks and Twal - all appear to be very quiet especially on the field. My idea of a captain is someone who not only can lead by example on the field but also communicate messages to other players

Hastings  ticks the box for communication but I am not sure if he has the respect of the playing group. He's only just joined the club and with his list of prior misdemeamours he has to earn his stripes.

I actually really liked the Blore as captain proposal. I think WT fans have under estimated Blore significantly.

He joined WT in May 2020

With no footy under his belt for more than 12 months (coming off an ACL) he took it to Nathan Brown against the Eels in a Rd 11 debut.

Prior to that he has been part of the NSW emerging blues since 2018 when he was the youngest player picked (along with Stefano)

He's led teams throughout junior footy

removed link

He would have been starting on an edge for us in 2021 but for a wrist injury that ruled him out for 10 weeks to start the season. He then missed 3 games to an ankle injury.

It would be a big call for a guy who has played 18 NRL games but Blore is a very very good player and to reverse the clubs fortunes we might need to take a risk.

I just think he needs to cement is spot before we push him for captain, but sure don't have many options.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: