Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Adam is a good signing if you are moving other players on. Unfortunately as expected people don’t want to move half way around the world if they don’t have to 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

the Magpie side next year should be pretty strong with the likes of 

3. Naden

6. Douhie

7. Sullivan 

ReplyQuote
(@tigerton)
Junior Pathways

Relax guys. Clearly there are moves afoot with some of the players in the shredder however we are not privy to all of this as yet.

For mine at minimum or just over AD is a good player to have in the top 30 both for leadership in either NRL or NSW cup especially with all the young blokes we have coming through.

Be patient and I’m sure our top 30 will look quite different in 25.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigerton

Relax guys. Clearly there are moves afoot with some of the players in the shredder however we are not privy to all of this as yet.

For mine at minimum or just over AD is a good player to have in the top 30 both for leadership in either NRL or NSW cup especially with all the young blokes we have coming through.

Be patient and I’m sure our top 30 will look quite different in 25.

Great post TigerTon!

Surprised how negative everyone is about AD signing

Richo is working 3 or 4 steps ahead of us all

Thanks to Richo our top 30 now include Turuva and Laui, and we have uncovered Galvin now committed him to his deal

We have moved a number of players on - including Ice, and there's more to come 

I think Richo has demonstrated he's not sitting on his hands, the top 30 will change over the next 6 months - just watch an expert administrator in action.

Top 8 2023

Russtutty63, Joel Helmes, TigerTon and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @lorenzo

Re: AD. I think this is a completely braindead move, regardless of money. Our issue at the moment is roster spots, not $. Naden is staying, Bud is staying, we're stuck with To'a. We desperately need to turn over our roster, this just makes it even harder. Crazy.

I dont envy Richo and Benji trying to sort out our roster, you have a number of talented kids coming though who are potentially a bit skittish as they see the first grade team underperforming and getting hammered in the press. So the last thing you want to do is go to market and get a younger player that may block their progress as the bulk of them are 1 -3 years away from getting a top 30 spot. Then you are carrying players that have not performed and are getting paid good $$ that you recruited externally and you have juniors taking up spots in the top 30 that would still be dev players at almost any other club. The AD extension is for 1 year so maybe they see him filling a role and not blocking the younger kids coming through. I don't know the guy personally, however I do know someone he trains with outside of the WT system and from what he has told me the guy has left no stone unturned getting his conditioning right for a comeback. If he can get his defence sorted and is willing to play 3,4,11,12,13 as required than he may be a revelation.

The question is, can we do better with that roster spot than signing AD? I would think signing a forward, or an outside back (where we are incredibly short) would be a far smarter option. AD isn't a fullback, we're stacked in the halves and he's average in the centres at best. This is a really silly signing. Makes zero sense.

If (BIG IF) it is a one year deal on minimum wage (as previously reported) I can understand it from the point of view of the club giving him a chance to restore his career post injury and you will get a lot worse players than AD on minimum wage. In that year, his value will flush out.

More than minimum wage, I cant understand it

I'm not worried about the money, i'm really worried about the top 30 spot, especially with us being unable to move people on. I think moves like this will really come back to hurt us, like the roster moves last year have.

Its 100% all about the money.

With regards to roster spots, next year we have a player reportedly on $1.1M per year. If you are playing someone money like that, you need at least one roster spot on minimum money. You are not going to get better than a 25yo who has played world cup internationals with 88 NRL appearance experience. Im not a AD fan but as a minimum wage roster filler, he is overqualified.

How do we improve our roster without being able to turnover the roster?

With AD signed we still have 5 free spots for 2025 and about 16 for 2026. Don’t really think roster spots are a problem moving forward. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Re: AD. I think this is a completely braindead move, regardless of money. Our issue at the moment is roster spots, not $. Naden is staying, Bud is staying, we're stuck with To'a. We desperately need to turn over our roster, this just makes it even harder. Crazy.

I dont envy Richo and Benji trying to sort out our roster, you have a number of talented kids coming though who are potentially a bit skittish as they see the first grade team underperforming and getting hammered in the press. So the last thing you want to do is go to market and get a younger player that may block their progress as the bulk of them are 1 -3 years away from getting a top 30 spot. Then you are carrying players that have not performed and are getting paid good $$ that you recruited externally and you have juniors taking up spots in the top 30 that would still be dev players at almost any other club. The AD extension is for 1 year so maybe they see him filling a role and not blocking the younger kids coming through. I don't know the guy personally, however I do know someone he trains with outside of the WT system and from what he has told me the guy has left no stone unturned getting his conditioning right for a comeback. If he can get his defence sorted and is willing to play 3,4,11,12,13 as required than he may be a revelation.

The question is, can we do better with that roster spot than signing AD? I would think signing a forward, or an outside back (where we are incredibly short) would be a far smarter option. AD isn't a fullback, we're stacked in the halves and he's average in the centres at best. This is a really silly signing. Makes zero sense.

If (BIG IF) it is a one year deal on minimum wage (as previously reported) I can understand it from the point of view of the club giving him a chance to restore his career post injury and you will get a lot worse players than AD on minimum wage. In that year, his value will flush out.

I'm not worried about the money, i'm really worried about the top 30 spot, especially with us being unable to move people on. I think moves like this will really come back to hurt us, like the roster moves last year have.

With regards to roster spots, next year we have a player reportedly on $1.1M per year. If you are playing someone money like that, you need at least one roster spot on minimum money. You are not going to get better than a 25yo who has played world cup internationals with 88 NRL appearance experience. Im not a AD fan but as a minimum wage roster filler, he is overqualified.

We still have 5 roster spots open even after signing AD. We have 5 roster spots open and our lowest paid player (if reports are to be believed) is an international with 88 games experience.

improving the roster, particularly after committing long term to a player at over $1Mpa, plus upgrades to Galvin, Stef requires locking in quality at low prices. AD is this for 12 months.

Russtutty63 and TigerTon reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

We still have 5 roster spots open even after signing AD. We have 5 roster spots open and our lowest paid player (if reports are to be believed) is an international with 88 games experience.

improving the roster, particularly after committing long term to a player at over $1Mpa, plus upgrades to Galvin, Stef requires locking in quality at low prices. AD is this for 12 months.

Does that include the young player that have automatic top 30 roster upgrades as part of their contracts?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Adam Douehi can take on the line,is a big body who can hold up defences.He’s also an extremely hard-nosed competitor capable of converting from the sideline.I think he’s also a character that will drive culture.After the injuries and rehab,sure he has to prove himself again but he has plenty of experience,an attribute in short supply at WTs.   
I think in context and on minimum money he represents a pretty smart acquisition.To reduce him to plodder status is rather shortsighted in my opinion.

TigerTon and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

Adam Douehi can take on the line,is a big body who can hold up defences.He’s also an extremely hard-nosed competitor capable of converting from the sideline.I think he’s also a character that will drive culture.After the injuries and rehab,sure he has to prove himself again but he has plenty of experience,an attribute in short supply at WTs.   
I think in context and on minimum money he represents a pretty smart acquisition.To reduce him to plodder status is rather shortsighted in my opinion.

Where do you play him?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

Does that include the young player that have automatic top 30 roster upgrades as part of their contracts?

No idea tbh, I couldnt find the development players in the Contract list spreadsheet. Its a good point.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

IMO He was borderline plodder pre injury and by that logic is 100% plodder status now unless proven otherwise. Having said that, almost by definition your lowest paid player in the roster is going to be a plodder and my point (if I have one) is that if AD is our lowest paid plodder, we are going OK.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Ad to play centre

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Where do you play him?

Short answer.....reggies

Longer answer, he is a fantastic option, like best in the league option, as your 4th-5th choice half, 3rd-4th choice centre, 3rd choice fullback, 4th choice lock....etc etc.

Im not an AD fan, but if he is signing for 1 year on minimum wage, you need to look at him that way, not the way he looks at himself and regardless of his history.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Im not an AD fan, but if he is signing for 1 year on minimum wage, you need to look at him that way, not the way he looks at himself and regardless of his history.

The way he looks at himself is the issue, he has already stated that players that don't live up to standards will have to play reserve grade. Does he realise he is in that category?

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

The way he looks at himself is the issue, he has already stated that players that don't live up to standards will have to play reserve grade. Does he realise he is in that category?

Agreed....will depend on how benji looks at it I guess and the conversations that management have had with him.

ReplyQuote
Page 976 / 1066
Share: