Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Doueihi extends his stay at Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce that Adam Doueihi has extended his contract through until the end of the 2025 season.

The Balmain junior has played 57 games for Wests Tigers since joining the club in 2020, missing most of last season due to a serious knee injury.

A versatile back, Doueihi made his long-awaited return last weekend playing for Wests Tigers feeder team, Western Suburbs Magpies, in the NSW Cup.

Wests Tigers CEO Shane Richardson is pleased that Doueihi will be remaining at the club.

It’s been a very long road back from injury for Adam and it was so pleasing to see him back out there last weekend.

“He is a tremendously talented footballer whose resilience and mental toughness cannot be questioned. And more importantly, he is a very good person.”

Doueihi is excited about his future and is aiming to deliver an injury-free block of football over the coming months.

“I’m still only 25 and I know my best years are ahead of me,” said the Lebanon international.

I’ll be working as hard as I can over the rest of this season and next season and I’m excited about the years ahead.

Adam Doueihi

Doueihi is one of 10 local juniors named in the extended squad for this weekend’s Junior League Appreciation Round match against the Raiders.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Re: AD. I think this is a completely braindead move, regardless of money. Our issue at the moment is roster spots, not $. Naden is staying, Bud is staying, we're stuck with To'a. We desperately need to turn over our roster, this just makes it even harder. Crazy.

Tigerlily, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger_alex

Anyone know the contract status of Reuben Porter?
I was pretty impressed with his performance in the second row last game. Be nice to have him as a cut price second row option.

We desperately need the roster spot and we have money to spend, I would hope we can do a lot better than Porter (although he was ok on the weekend).

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @lorenzo

Hopefully the club giving them permission to leave lights a fire under Bud and Naden's arses. They are both still quite young and unless they want this to be their last decent payday will have to lift to secure a regular first grade spot and a future contract at WT or elsewhere. They both have the skills to be regular first graders, they just need to put the effort in and use their heads on the field. If they were closer to the end of their career (Russell Packer) I would be more concerned.

Naden is 28, his best years are behind him footy wise

In footy years he is still 25 if you deduct all the weeks suspended.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Re: AD. I think this is a completely braindead move, regardless of money. Our issue at the moment is roster spots, not $. Naden is staying, Bud is staying, we're stuck with To'a. We desperately need to turn over our roster, this just makes it even harder. Crazy.

stupid move by the club... 

suspect sezer moves on to Penrith after this signing. 

we now have Sullivan and Douhie taking up space 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I dont envy Richo and Benji trying to sort out our roster, you have a number of talented kids coming though who are potentially a bit skittish as they see the first grade team underperforming and getting hammered in the press. So the last thing you want to do is go to market and get a younger player that may block their progress as the bulk of them are 1 -3 years away from getting a top 30 spot. Then you are carrying players that have not performed and are getting paid good $$ that you recruited externally and you have juniors taking up spots in the top 30 that would still be dev players at almost any other club. The AD extension is for 1 year so maybe they see him filling a role and not blocking the younger kids coming through. I don't know the guy personally, however I do know someone he trains with outside of the WT system and from what he has told me the guy has left no stone unturned getting his conditioning right for a comeback. If he can get his defence sorted and is willing to play 3,4,11,12,13 as required than he may be a revelation.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I dont envy Richo and Benji trying to sort out our roster, you have a number of talented kids coming though who are potentially a bit skittish as they see the first grade team underperforming and getting hammered in the press. So the last thing you want to do is go to market and get a younger player that may block their progress as the bulk of them are 1 -3 years away from getting a top 30 spot. Then you are carrying players that have not performed and are getting paid good $$ that you recruited externally and you have juniors taking up spots in the top 30 that would still be dev players at almost any other club. The AD extension is for 1 year so maybe they see him filling a role and not blocking the younger kids coming through. I don't know the guy personally, however I do know someone he trains with outside of the WT system and from what he has told me the guy has left no stone unturned getting his conditioning right for a comeback. If he can get his defence sorted and is willing to play 3,4,11,12,13 as required than he may be a revelation.

The question is, can we do better with that roster spot than signing AD? I would think signing a forward, or an outside back (where we are incredibly short) would be a far smarter option. AD isn't a fullback, we're stacked in the halves and he's average in the centres at best. This is a really silly signing. Makes zero sense.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Hopefully the club giving them permission to leave lights a fire under Bud and Naden's arses. They are both still quite young and unless they want this to be their last decent payday will have to lift to secure a regular first grade spot and a future contract at WT or elsewhere. They both have the skills to be regular first graders, they just need to put the effort in and use their heads on the field. If they were closer to the end of their career (Russell Packer) I would be more concerned.

Naden is 28, his best years are behind him footy wise

In footy years he is still 25 if you deduct all the weeks suspended.

I think these days the number of games played & what kind of injuries they’ve had is just as significant, if not more so, than age. Naden debuted 2019 & has played 71 NRL games. Although he still has a brain explosion in him I think he is maturing, some do so more slowly than others. I guess Benji & co would have a better idea of that than me, I can only go on my impression from the few media interviews I’ve watched. I think he’d be a very good signing for a Super League club but unsure about his future in the NRL, it maybe good, maybe not. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

The question is, can we do better with that roster spot than signing AD? I would think signing a forward, or an outside back (where we are incredibly short) would be a far smarter option. AD isn't a fullback, we're stacked in the halves and he's average in the centres at best. This is a really silly signing. Makes zero sense.

If (BIG IF) it is a one year deal on minimum wage (as previously reported) I can understand it from the point of view of the club giving him a chance to restore his career post injury and you will get a lot worse players than AD on minimum wage. In that year, his value will flush out.

More than minimum wage, I cant understand it

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I don’t mind AD given another year. If he can stay healthy he will be an asset both on and off the field. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @mike

I don’t mind AD given another year. If he can stay healthy he will be an asset both on and off the field. 

I agree Mike. Plenty of upside should he stay fit. I don’t know what he’s money is, assume $150-200,000, which is value if all goes well fitness wise. He has 88 games experience, can play a few positions, can kick & throws a good pass. Misses tackle here & there but at that money the positives outweigh the negative in terms of ability etc. I’d say he knows this is his chance to make the most out of the next 5 or 6 years of his career so he’ll have plenty motivation to play well to attract suitors post 2025. I also thought he stood out in the 60 minutes he played in that Cup game albeit that team was very young etc. But he showed some classy touches & defended well. Actually put shape on the ball with his bombs too which none of our kickers do. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Russtutty63

Mike and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger5150

If (BIG IF) it is a one year deal on minimum wage (as previously reported) I can understand it from the point of view of the club giving him a chance to restore his career post injury and you will get a lot worse players than AD on minimum wage. In that year, his value will flush out.

I'm not worried about the money, i'm really worried about the top 30 spot, especially with us being unable to move people on. I think moves like this will really come back to hurt us, like the roster moves last year have.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I'm not worried about the money, i'm really worried about the top 30 spot, especially with us being unable to move people on. I think moves like this will really come back to hurt us, like the roster moves last year have.

Its 100% all about the money.

With regards to roster spots, next year we have a player reportedly on $1.1M per year. If you are playing someone money like that, you need at least one roster spot on minimum money. You are not going to get better than a 25yo who has played world cup internationals with 88 NRL appearance experience. Im not a AD fan but as a minimum wage roster filler, he is overqualified.

Dirty Reds, Tiger Symmetry, Russtutty63 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Its 100% all about the money.

With regards to roster spots, next year we have a player reportedly on $1.1M per year. If you are playing someone money like that, you need at least one roster spot on minimum money. You are not going to get better than a 25yo who has played world cup internationals with 88 NRL appearance experience. Im not a AD fan but as a minimum wage roster filler, he is overqualified.

How do we improve our roster without being able to turnover the roster?

Joel Helmes and Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Another Plodder extended another roster spot blocked … thought things had changed obviously not. With this signing things do not look good for any new additions other than what’s been done .. no one is interested I feel . Plodderville to continue in 2025 !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 975 / 1066
Share: