Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Re Bud, yes he is saying he will stay, yes he is on a ridiculously good deal and that is probably why he is staying.....BUT.....

Actually read this article and pretend it is about Galvin. Listen to what Bud is saying. This is EXACTLY what you want a WT Contracted player to be saying. I love what he is saying here. This is EXACTLY the right attitude.

Bud is 3rd or 4th choice half this year and next but he has tried his guts out, is better than what we had last year and its not his fault he is on stupid money. If the words he is saying are true, Im happy to have him on board and I hope his attitude rubs off on the others, in particular Galvin.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-m-not-going-anywhere-sullivan-s-message-to-tigers-20240613-p5jlhi.html

Agree

We want players who want to fight fire a spot and want to be here

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Galvin commits his future to the Wests Tigers
ByAdrian Proszenko and Adam Pengilly
Updated June 14, 2024 — 11.26amfirst published June 10, 2024 — 12.18pm

Lachlan Galvin has ended speculation over his future by assuring Wests Tigers powerbrokers that he is fully committed to seeing out his contract.

Galvin sent a text message to coach Benji Marshall on Thursday night reiterating he wanted to be part of the club, just days after officials held an emergency meeting with his family.

Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson and head of football Matthew Betsey visited Galvin’s parents at their Gregory Hills home on Wednesday to discuss the teenager’s future after his agent requested a release last week.

Galvin is signed until the end of 2026, but his future was clouded after a series of requests to explore his options.

However, Galvin has decided he wants to be at the forefront of Tigers resurgence and has informed club hierarchy that he would fulfil his contractual obligations. Sources speaking on the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely said that Wednesday’s meeting, which Galvin did not attend, was a positive one.

The 18-year-old is considered a superstar in the making, a rare bright spot for the wooden spooners during his 10 NRL appearances to date. Several rival clubs were interested in his services should he become a free agent, but it is now a moot point after recommitting for the long haul.

Galvin has enjoyed a stellar career as a junior, winning 11 grand finals despite being let go by the club he supported, Parramatta. His NRL career also got off to a winning start, playing an impressive hand in the Tigers’ opening two victories.

However, it has been a difficult period since as the Tigers lost nine straight games. Galvin, who will be rested from this weekend’s clash against the Gold Coast due to a hand injury, has thought long about his development and decided as a playmaker and decided better days are ahead for the joint-venture outfit.

The Eaglevale-St Andrews junior is expected to partner incoming superstar Jarome Luai in the halves next season, while fellow Panther Sunia Turuva will give the side more strike out wide.

The future of another Tigers half, Bud Sullivan, is less clear. Sullivan has been granted permission to explore his options, despite being contracted until the end of 2027.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

In other words, Richo told his family he's not getting a release under any circumstances.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

In other words, Richo told his family he's not getting a release under any circumstances.

Yep 😂 I wonder how the previous admin would have handled this (he’d probably be in Panthers colours already).

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Barra and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

That is good news. Galvin needs to mature as a person, he has zero integrity. Benji will help him.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

proof will be November 2025 when teams can officially make him an offer, if we get to that stage....

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @helmesy

Yep 😂 I wonder how the previous admin would have handled this (he’d probably be in Panthers colours already).

We'd be playing for half his salary and we'd have to take back Garner and Peachey on full freight.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I find it a bit odd that the reports state that he was not present at the meeting with his parents and it went really well, then he sends an sms to Benji saying he is committed to seeing out his contract. On one hand I'm hoping we can now move on, however on the other hand it all seems a bit forced. I guess if he plays and does not have a dig than Latu and Bud will quickly overtake him as the preferred 5/8.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

proof will be November 2025 when teams can officially make him an offer, if we get to that stage....

Exactly, will he extend? That will show if he is really committed or basically had no choice but to suck it up. 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @mike

Exactly, will he extend? That will show if he is really committed or basically had no choice but to suck it up. 

It's a long way off. The club has 18 mths to show him that it's worth sticking around. If they can't do that, then he won't be the only one leaving.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

looks like stef is doubtful, his manager has requested richo put negotiations on hold. 

At 800k that salary for stef it outrageous, I would let him go and pursue Hunt from sharks 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

looks like stef is doubtful, his manager has requested richo put negotiations on hold. 

At 800k that salary for stef it outrageous, I would let him go and pursue Hunt from sharks 

Yeah after last weeks game I really don't care if he goes. He's just not worth anywhere near that money, especially for 5 years. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I know Brandon Smith is a ratbag, but I really hope we have a crack at him if Roosters cut him loose. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

I know Brandon Smith is a ratbag, but I really hope we have a crack at him if Roosters cut him loose. 

Look he fits this team .. another NZ rep player that is good on his day. But again very ROCKS & DIAMONDS and with us it usually works out more former. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @lorenzo

I find it a bit odd that the reports state that he was not present at the meeting with his parents and it went really well, then he sends an sms to Benji saying he is committed to seeing out his contract. On one hand I'm hoping we can now move on, however on the other hand it all seems a bit forced. I guess if he plays and does not have a dig than Latu and Bud will quickly overtake him as the preferred 5/8.

i dont think its particularly odd that Galvin wasnt there. Galvin is potentially with Richo, 5 days a week and Richo has plenty of opportunity to talk to Galvin, doesnt need an interview to do so. Obviously needed to talk to his parents and potentially everyone could speak a little more freely without him there.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 970 / 983
Share: