Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I reckon Galvin to Roosters 2025 and they may offload Brandon Smith to us to gain the release. Or does Richo ask for Billy Smith
not sure where we play Brandon maybe a running 13 and cover for Api

There is zero chance Richo will let Galvin go, and nor should he.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I don't know if he (Galvin) would get a long term gig in the halves at many other clubs (roosters included), whilst I'm happy he is playing 5/8 for us and he should stay there for the remainder of the year, we are in a bit of a desperate situation at the moment. In a perfect world he would be bouncing around our backline, covering for injuries as he develops his game and skillset. He isn't a speedy half and that might work against him as his body fills out and he becomes a bit more of a power player. The way the game is going your outside backs need to be giants, your halves need to be able to have fast acceleration as they step through the line, you need big agile backrowers playing on an edge and starting middles that play big minutes with a bench rotation of high impact in short burst middles. You can get away with a smaller fullback and perhaps 1 small winger/center if their size is made up for by significant speed/skill......however you can throw this all out the window if you just recruit players with high footy IQ and/or real passion (dogs 2024) might not guarantee you a premiership, however will please the fans.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Interestingly, Panthers reportedly asked for a Galvin-Luai swap at the start of the year.

With Luai aiming at halfback for 2025 we need a five-eight and what that means is we need Fainu’s hamstring to come good!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Should they bite the bullet and send Latu to wherever the best hamstring expert is? Like Turbo and Latrell going to the USA

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @canberratiger

Should they bite the bullet and send Latu to wherever the best hamstring expert is? Like Turbo and Latrell going to the USA

Absolutely!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

I reckon Galvin to Roosters 2025 and they may offload Brandon Smith to us to gain the release. Or does Richo ask for Billy Smith

so Galvin doesn't sign an extension and November 2025 he announces end of his contract he is joining another club. 

I am concerned we will lose latu fainu if we don't give him game time at some point

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @lorenzo

I don't know if he (Galvin) would get a long term gig in the halves at many other clubs (roosters included), whilst I'm happy he is playing 5/8 for us and he should stay there for the remainder of the year, we are in a bit of a desperate situation at the moment. In a perfect world he would be bouncing around our backline, covering for injuries as he develops his game and skillset. He isn't a speedy half and that might work against him as his body fills out and he becomes a bit more of a power player. The way the game is going your outside backs need to be giants, your halves need to be able to have fast acceleration as they step through the line, you need big agile backrowers playing on an edge and starting middles that play big minutes with a bench rotation of high impact in short burst middles. You can get away with a smaller fullback and perhaps 1 small winger/center if their size is made up for by significant speed/skill......however you can throw this all out the window if you just recruit players with high footy IQ and/or real passion (dogs 2024) might not guarantee you a premiership, however will please the fans.

next to cleary Galvin would kill it

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

That’s a poor trade for us. 

well ask for suia Wong then

point is if Galvin is going we may as well try and get something from this for 2026 a year early

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Is Latu any good?

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

That’s a poor trade for us. 

well ask for suia Wong then

point is if Galvin is going we may as well try and get something from this for 2026 a year early

if we want to get better we should only release players if there are benefits for us regardless of the situation 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

looks like George Delaney might be the front rower we are looking at getting from St Helens, 20 yr old with 14 appearances

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

looks like George Delaney might be the front rower we are looking at getting from St Helens, 20 yr old with 14 appearances

Excellent, sounds like the highly experienced forward we need.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

so Galvin doesn't sign an extension and November 2025 he announces end of his contract he is joining another club. 

I am concerned we will lose latu fainu if we don't give him game time at some point

Ok good for him. Who cares. He's not on big money. If he wants to go somewhere else he can go in 2 years. If he wants to stay and play good football for the next two years, that's great. If he wants to kick stones he can play NSW cup. Either way, he's not leaving us until his contract is up. We are rightfully considered a hopeless and weak club. Hopefully after this Galvin saga comes to a close we'll only be considered hopeless.

We have Latu contracted for 3 more years. That is not a concern. The concern is the players we have on contract that we want to get rid of.

ReplyQuote
(@mattvtiger)
Junior Pathways

I am really torn on this Galvin situation. I get the club's stance of not letting him go. However, I call BS on the narrative coming out of his camp and you really need to question the character of not only the player, but also his parents (agent to me is doing his job). 

Yes the club has stacked that position, but they have given him a chance and he took the opportunity with both hands. Arguably cementing his position in the halves next season. 

This is an opportunity only afforded to him because he is at the Tigers. Try cracking the Panthers, Roosters, Eels, Melbourne, Brisbane or others on a regular basis at 18. Not happening. 

The club have also signed the current NSW Blues 5/8 to play halfback next year. He has won 3 premierships back to back. I am more and more convinced that Luai signing is the circuit breaker the club needs. Very much like the Stephen Crichton effect on the Bulldogs this season.

So you ask yourself, what is the problem? Playing through an injured hand. Well hey this is professional sports, that's your job. Playing sports as a profession is a privilege. Here you go have a week off to get it better.

Don't like your contract? He has been offered an extension and an upgrade on his current deal. The club have made it publicly known they want to build the club around him. 

Development pathway? Well if playing NRL week in week out isn't part of that, then what is? Also, playing along Luai who is among the best halves in the comp and being coached by one of the greatest halves. Isn't this is a positive?

So what is it? Because we are losing? Why don't you try turn it around?  

Win, lose or draw, playing the NRL at 18 would be just incredible. The player and his parents are showing absolutely no gratitude at all, to the club, its fans and to the other 29 players that plays along side him.

He is no different to other 29 blokes in that squad who are struggling week to week to get a result. 

You can tell a player agent to stop, you are paying them. He is following instructions, not going rogue. 

I think this behaviour is of a petulant, spoiled brats. You have thrown a tantrum because you and your child have not got your way. 

You have demonstrated no grace or professionalism at all. You have decided that your needs exceed those of your employer, your colleagues etc. You have also lost all perspective on how much of a privilege and fortune is involved in being the position you are in. 

I would let him go. Can't build anything around this type of character.  

Barra, 888, TigerTownSFS and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @mattvtiger

I am really torn on this Galvin situation. I get the club's stance of not letting him go. However, I call BS on the narrative coming out of his camp and you really need to question the character of not only the player, but also his parents (agent to me is doing his job). 

Yes the club has stacked that position, but they have given him a chance and he took the opportunity with both hands. Arguably cementing his position in the halves next season. 

This is an opportunity only afforded to him because he is at the Tigers. Try cracking the Panthers, Roosters, Eels, Melbourne, Brisbane or others on a regular basis at 18. Not happening. 

The club have also signed the current NSW Blues 5/8 to play halfback next year. He has won 3 premierships back to back. I am more and more convinced that Luai signing is the circuit breaker the club needs. Very much like the Stephen Crichton effect on the Bulldogs this season.

So you ask yourself, what is the problem? Playing through an injured hand. Well hey this is professional sports, that's your job. Playing sports as a profession is a privilege. Here you go have a week off to get it better.

Don't like your contract? He has been offered an extension and an upgrade on his current deal. The club have made it publicly known they want to build the club around him. 

Development pathway? Well if playing NRL week in week out isn't part of that, then what is? Also, playing along Luai who is among the best halves in the comp and being coached by one of the greatest halves. Isn't this is a positive?

So what is it? Because we are losing? Why don't you try turn it around?  

Win, lose or draw, playing the NRL at 18 would be just incredible. The player and his parents are showing absolutely no gratitude at all, to the club, its fans and to the other 29 players that plays along side him.

He is no different to other 29 blokes in that squad who are struggling week to week to get a result. 

You can tell a player agent to stop, you are paying them. He is following instructions, not going rogue. 

I think this behaviour is of a petulant, spoiled brats. You have thrown a tantrum because you and your child have not got your way. 

You have demonstrated no grace or professionalism at all. You have decided that your needs exceed those of your employer, your colleagues etc. You have also lost all perspective on how much of a privilege and fortune is involved in being the position you are in. 

I would let him go. Can't build anything around this type of character.  

well said, the player agent would recieve his riding instructions from the player and in this case family. If they being player or family were not happy with this then they would tell said manager to stop or get a new manager... 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 967 / 982
Share: