Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Tupou is good. But outside backs are literally the easiest position to develop players in. Can’t over pay for that position

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Tupou is good. But outside backs are literally the easiest position to develop players in. Can’t over pay for that position

i wonder how much the signing of Solomon was related to what was going on with Tupou?

https://youtu.be/Wq0HSn8gv9c?si=CrOC12vX6Ur2bwi7

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

i wonder how much the signing of Solomon was related to what was going on with Tupou?

A fair bit I would say.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

If there was a miracle (another one) and Luai came across, as well as a trade for Olam. Does this side make the 8?

1. Bula

2. Staines

3. Olam

4. Naden

5. Alaimalo

6. Luai

7. Sezer

8. Klemmer

9. Korisau

10. Stefano

11. Papali’i

12. Bateman

13. Laulilli

14. Pole

15. Twal

16. Samuela Fainu

17. Sullivan

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

888 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@helmesy that side looks like it could push a few teams but still a lot of question marks around it.
Centres are a weakness, can the turn up week in week out? 

How does Sezer good on his return?

Can Alaimalo make the transition? 

How do the rookies in the pack go in their second years? 

I doubt he’d come across early but even if he does 2024 should be about moving up the ladder and developing our young squad. Aim for the 8 yes, but we are a long way off getting there. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @tiger5150

A fair bit I would say.

to be honest these highlights look like ones you would be very happy if they were of tupou next season. This guy is an athlete who has played at a high level in a tough competition in a position that is reasonably transferable to league. He’s quick, good hands and nice pass. Teach him to defend in our system and he will be great.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

How good to be talking about our footy team again, and not admin. 

Competition for spots is what's we've missed for so long. 

Hoping we have 2 or 3 young guns have bolters and give our more experienced players a real challenge.

Players like Toa, Kepoa, Seyfarth, etc should be good squad players, but not regular starters. The fact Toa has played long stints at both fullback and in the halves is something we shouldn't repeat

Top 8 2023

Mac_Tiger and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @helmesy

If there was a miracle (another one) and Luai came across, as well as a trade for Olam. Does this side make the 8?

1. Bula

2. Staines

3. Olam

4. Naden

5. Alaimalo

6. Luai

7. Sezer

8. Klemmer

9. Korisau

10. Stefano

11. Papali’i

12. Bateman

13. Laulilli

14. Pole

15. Twal

16. Samuela Fainu

17. Sullivan

I would go with

1. Bula

2. Staines

3. Olam

4. Naden

5. Alaimalo

6. Luai

7. Sullivan

8. Klemmer

9. Korisau

10. Stefano

11. Papali’i

12. Bateman

13. Laulilli

14. Pole

15. Twal

16. Samuela Fainu

17. TDS

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I’d have Fainu 6 and Luai 7

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

if we happen to get Luai and we have sezer and fainu and Galvin would the club consider (depending on Amone situation) looking at releasing Sullivan back to Dragons.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

if we happen to get Luai and we have sezer and fainu and Galvin would the club consider (depending on Amone situation) looking at releasing Sullivan back to Dragons.

Not sure why we'd want to do that? If the past has taught us anything it's that you can never have enough halves. We also don't really have any cap issues. He's a player that has a heap of ability, I think we just sit back and see what he's got.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Not sure why we'd want to do that? If the past has taught us anything it's that you can never have enough halves. We also don't really have any cap issues. He's a player that has a heap of ability, I think we just sit back and see what he's got.

I am concerned with Fainu and Galvin in particular given his manager if we are not playing them they will agitate for a release at some point. Galvin can say he is happy to play with mates etc but if his manager gets in his ear saying I can get you first grade time and good salary, we have seen what happens. 

if Sullivan doesn't get much game time you potentially have 500k sitting in reserve grade in 2025

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Don’t really think Olam adds much at this stage so hope it’s not true. I think Junior has a lot of potential so would rather we held onto him at this stage. A lot of comings and goings 

They’ve been doing this for quite a few years now. BASKETCASE!!! The whole club is and still will be into the future. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @mike

Tupou has informed the Tigers he will sign with the Dolphins for 2025 and beyond. 

No I still don’t want Olam, he’s cooked. 

100% he’s cooked!!

A crazy signing if they do get him 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@tigertownsfs what exactly is the Tigers defensive system?? Last 3 years there’s been a different defensive coach. So I iterate what system?

ReplyQuote
Page 889 / 1067
Share: