Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Didn’t realise that Klemmer, Bateman, Brooks and Mitchell Moses are all managed by Isaac Moses…

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Didn’t realise that Klemmer, Bateman, Brooks and Mitchell Moses are all managed by Isaac Moses…

Moses told the club they needed to improve the forward pack, Isaac then helped the club improve the forward pack.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Moses told the club they needed to improve the forward pack, Isaac then helped the club improve the forward pack.

Man, for once everything does seem to be pointing in the right direction..........not there yet.

On a separate point the club NEEDS to make sure that Isaac Moses players all come off contract in different years.

851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @garry

Man, for once everything does seem to be pointing in the right direction..........not there yet.

On a separate point the club NEEDS to make sure that Isaac Moses players all come off contract in different years.

would presume this is the last contract for Klemmer, Bateman, Moses and brooks anyway

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

• I have a feeling Moses is weighing up if the big money from the tigers is worth having to deal with the “bad blood” from when he left. Also, he knows the fans will rip in to him if he doesn’t perform at a level commensurate with his salary, he has seen it with the attention Brooks gets.

I would think it’s something he would’ve considered. But he’d also have seen Eels fans rip in to Brad Arthur’s son. As Brooksy points out there are these type of fans in the game & some people will be fans, some not. I’d think with all the experience Moses has now he’d be much better at dealing with that sort of thing at this point so it probably isn’t as big an issue as it might’ve been a few years ago. There’s be pros and cons signing with us, he just has to weigh them up and decide what’s best.

Eastiemagpie and 851 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@frullens I think Managers are very canny when it comes to tax lerks and investing money for their clients, it’d be the major reason they’re successful. The best ones would have plenty of knowledge and contacts in regards to this type of thing. If I had a manager looking after my contracts etc I’d be placing a lot faith in them to deal with the financial sides of things. “Show me the money!!!!”.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

This is bizarre. Surely they have his signature now, they have played this so close to their chest and now brooks is out in the press talking about how he’s asked Moses to come back??? This has to be media management to smooth over both the eels and tigers fans

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-was-ready-to-go-legend-s-pep-talk-convinced-brooks-to-stay-at-tigers-20230130-p5cgjg.html

“I’ve spoken to Mitch a bit, I’ve tried to suss him out and sell the joint [to him],” Brooks said. “We’ve spoken about it before about how we were really young the last time we played together, and we’d like a shot at playing together again. I don’t know where his head is at.

“We know each other’s game back to front. Being close mates helps as well – he lives two minutes away, and we had daughters born two weeks apart. It would be good for him to come here.”

ReplyQuote
(@the_pom)
Wests Tigers Supporter

The club is very confident that Moses will be putting pen to paper at this Thursdays meeting.
A 4 year deal worth close to $1.4mill per season (can't confirm but a 5 year may be a mutual option).
All "requirements" per his managements discussions have been met & our offer is better than the Eels.

Since Farnworth has informed other clubs of his intent to stay at Broncos the club has changed focus to Dominic Young, very early talk just gauging his price point.

Daine Laurie is looking likely to take up the current 1 year extension being offered, he wants 2 years or more but club not budging on this.

Talk of Seyfarth looking to move on is true, club happy to keep him for 2023 season but won't stand in his way of long term offer if it comes forward.

Laurie will be fullback round 1, Staines too quiet for Sheens liking & "needs to find his voice" to be any chance of taking the 1 off Laurie, Bula is nipping at their heels but a roster spot would need to be freed for him to play prior to round 10.

Club has also held talk with Fletcher Baker from the Roosters.

Eastiemagpie, 851, Barra and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @the_pom

The club is very confident that Moses will be putting pen to paper at this Thursdays meeting.
A 4 year deal worth close to $1.4mill per season (can't confirm but a 5 year may be a mutual option).
All "requirements" per his managements discussions have been met & our offer is better than the Eels.

Since Farnworth has informed other clubs of his intent to stay at Broncos the club has changed focus to Dominic Young, very early talk just gauging his price point.

Daine Laurie is looking likely to take up the current 1 year extension being offered, he wants 2 years or more but club not budging on this.

Talk of Seyfarth looking to move on is true, club happy to keep him for 2023 season but won't stand in his way of long term offer if it comes forward.

Laurie will be fullback round 1, Staines too quiet for Sheens liking & "needs to find his voice" to be any chance of taking the 1 off Laurie, Bula is nipping at their heels but a roster spot would need to be freed for him to play prior to round 10.

thanks Pom for the update that’s fantastic news. I presume no chance for 23?

ReplyQuote
(@the_pom)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@avocadoontoast Extremely unlikely, but if his long term future is committed elsewhere then we've seen what's happened before. Based on Eels past with the likes of Stephano & Ice I doubt they'll let him go early.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@the_pom yeah I think so too. It doesn't matter, getting Moses for 24 is a massive massive win for WT. Will change the club.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

@the_pom 

Thank you Pom 

That's a huge update, may take me a while to let all of that sink in. 

Are we chasing Dom Young for wing or centre?

If wing, we'd have Nofa, Kenny, Staines, Junior, Young, AJ all competing for 2 wing spots.

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@the_pom thanks Pom for the update, what will this mean for Adam 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @the_pom

Thanks for the info Pom, grateful.

ReplyQuote
(@the_pom)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@frullens Would be as a Centre, AD needs to one drop his asking price to even get a seat at the table at the moment.

851, Avo, Frullens and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 451 / 1059
Share: